I don't think this transfer Window will completely satisfy the masses....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We dont have a pot to piss in and are making cutbacks - this much was obvious from the presser after we sacked Slav.
I know

Not hard to grasp is it

There will be no one coming in - we have no / will not spend any/ money

Until we find a buyer twil be the same - I have a feeling that we should enjoy the rest of this season ,as from then on its a long hard road with this lot at the top

I'm a little confused around expectations. Weren't we told at the press conference that we'd only bring players in if players left?

16 players available for Saturday no injured returning.
With those numbers even training becomes dangerous.

He pretty much spells it out in the press conference today

We have money, the parachute payments and ramsdale transfer doesnt vanish. Theres money there but prince doesnt want to spend it
All monies will be used for cash flow or to lend against.

The prince wants out - he gambled with the income generated in the Prem but Wilder blew it, it was shit or , well, bust . The prince has absolutely no emotional interest or even interest of any sort in Utd other than selling players to balance the books and buy time until he navigates an escape plan.

There is no more for incomings - our chance of going up remains, IMO , in whats left of this season. if Hecky can get a tune from the players he has and if he can organise them and instil a little more bite (not get bullied in games) then we have a very outside chance in this dreadful division.

If it doesn't happen this season then god help us

We are Sheffield United, are we not?

How have we done this in the past? Yup. Build a team from inexpensive unknowns and semi-gifted nobodies and scrap our way to the top. Then we can buy, and buy big.

Two things:

1. We bought big last time. We also bought shit.

2. We still own that big shit

Um. That's it.

pommpey

Altogether now, "We aint got a barrel of money...."

He pretty much spells it out in the press conference today

I sense that he may have been promised some sort of leeway to bring in a CH but that the goalposts have changed (as he actually said) - again .

We dont have a pot to piss in and are making cutbacks - this much was obvious from the presser after we sacked Slav.

Agree but we are currently one of the richest clubs in the Championship,
opposition fans often comment that our subs bench costs more than their whole squad combIned.
The problem is we have so many players on massive contracts….so our expenses are also one of the highest in the league.

If we remain in the Championship then our current expenditure is unsustainable and we’re heading for FFP penalties.
So we need to spend our money very wisely over the next 2 years whilst we re-structure the club.

I sense that he may have been promised some sort of leeway to bring in a CH but that the goalposts have changed (as he actually said) - again .
I think there was an assumption when he came in that we'd sell Berge or McBurnie this window and they've both been injured.

opposition fans often comment that our subs bench costs more than their whole squad combIned.
The problem is we have so many players on massive contracts….so our expenses are also one of the highest in the league.

If we remain in the Championship then our current expenditure is unsustainable and we’re heading for FFP penalties.
So we need to spend our money very wisely over the next 2 years whilst we re-structure the club.
Spot on. I don't expect us to be seriously challenging at the top of the table for 2-3 years. We're in a transition and until the Premier League contracts expire or the players leave, all Heck can do is try and plug gaps.

Recruitment have surpassed even their low standards this window,there's no money,but they targeted Hill,who moved for around 1M,and Souttar,who would have cost around 600,000,and even the manager is calling them slow,most likely on Sanderson.
Now waiting on Liverpool once again to make their minds up.

Don't think this window will satisfy even the most happy of clappers, let alone the masses!

I'm a little confused around expectations. Weren't we told at the press conference that we'd only bring players in if players left?
... and we've got no one to sell as none of our players are doing enough consistently to stand out as hot property. Bogle is the only potential candidate, though I'd rather sell Baldock and keep Bogle, but who wants a full back who bombs forward where he then passes back instead of crossing?

... and we've got no one to sell as none of our players are doing enough consistently to stand out as hot property. Bogle is the only potential candidate, though I'd rather sell Baldock and keep Bogle, but who wants a full back who bombs forward where he then passes back instead of crossing?
I suspect Baldock is one a lot more money than Bogle. Chance of someone matching is probably low. I would have no problem with Baldock starting at this level to be honest. He's a good solid player.

Don't think this window will satisfy even the most happy of clappers, let alone the masses!
I honestly don't think its about satisfying anyone as we should all know there is no money for incomings . The press conf was the biggest kick in the crutch we have ever had in my lifetime of following Utd . It clearly and loudly laid out the interest levels (nil) and commitment levels (nil) from the owners.

We all know its a very dodgy approach due to the risk factor, as you cited with Egan etc. But there is very little chance of us going down so the prince doesn't care if we use a CF as a CH or whatever combination you want as we have enough in the roster (hate that word).

Doesn't matter who claps or who doesn't - we dont own the club , the Prince does and he's had enough .

As I've said in other posts , there isn't even anyone on the premises or even in the country who we can protest against .

We are Sheffield United, are we not?

How have we done this in the past? Yup. Build a team from inexpensive unknowns and semi-gifted nobodies and scrap our way to the top. Then we can buy, and buy big.

Two things:

1. We bought big last time. We also bought shit.

2. We still own that big shit

Um. That's it.

pommpey
Maybe if we’d got a DOF in and cast our net over Europe we would have found players cheaper and better than what Wilder signed.
We didn’t.

He needs to wheel and deal, get shut of Burge and Mousett, either swap deal, or use the incoming transfer money (and freeing up of wages) on a big dominant centre half. He doesn't even need to be expensive or young, he just needs to get his head on the ball, lead the troupes, get his tackles in, attack the ball and be effective.

If he gets them all giving it 100% that squad is more than good enough to finish top six. It's when you starting getting 1 or 2 who can't be arsed (that's you Burge) that's when the team struggles.

He needs to wheel and deal, get shut of Burge and Mousett, either swap deal, or use the incoming transfer money (and freeing up of wages) on a big dominant centre half. He doesn't even need to be expensive or young, he just needs to get his head on the ball, lead the troupes, get his tackles in, attack the ball and be effective.

If he gets them all giving it 100% that squad is more than good enough to finish top six. It's when you starting getting 1 or 2 who can't be arsed (that's you Burge) that's when the team struggles.

There's one flaw in your logic. Or two, because no one is swapping us this player for Mousset. If this defender who is a big lad is it likely he can run down the wing and then get back? Because he's not replacing Egan.

There's one flaw in your logic. Or two, because no one is swapping us this player for Mousset < hence "or use the incoming transfer money">. If this defender who is a big lad is it likely he can run down the wing and then get back <hence "he just needs to get his head on the ball, lead the troupes, get his tackles in, attack the ball and be effective" >? Because he's not replacing Egan.

Let's hope the manager doesn't chuck the towel in as easy as some fans do!

Messed around with 3 keepers leaving the club finally got a backup at the end of the window. Hecky says he wants 2 for every position well all clubs have that but are they good enough. Hecky is just seeing why Wilder and Slav left, empty promises from the board .The difference is Hecky will put up with it and keep his job.
I don't know what Slav thought he was getting, but a simple scan through this forum would have made it obvious that the money wasn't there to make the wholesale changes he might have wanted.
As for Wilder - empty promises? Seems to me that the Prince got fed up signing big-money flops, and pulled the plug on any more spending. Quite rightly, as it turns out.

If we have good players in the academy I would rather we gave them opportunities than sign players now, irrespective of what funds are (or aren’t) available.

You just don’t get value for money often now. Most players in our own domestic league are overpriced at every level relatively speaking.

Look what players like McBurnie, Mousset and Berge have done for us. With all due respect very little and a lot has been spent on them.

I would rather give the likes of Ndiaye and co a chance to develop at first team level. Costs us comparatively little and to be honest they can’t do much worse than most of the signings we’ve made in the last two years.

I’d love a qualified accountant to look through the books and analyse what we’re paying out and where to because as ‘supporters’ all we hear is that we have millions of pounds of parachute payments and how the money is being diverted to wherever.

There's one flaw in your logic. Or two, because no one is swapping us this player for Mousset. If this defender who is a big lad is it likely he can run down the wing and then get back? Because he's not replacing Egan.
We don't do reyt well with swapping players either do we 🙄

Cost and worth are two different things when it comes to these players

Other teams see the cost, we see the vastly difference worth.

Back
Top Bottom