I’m backing Slav to get this right.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now and again

Reaction score
Only got to look over at the Pigs to see that panicking and sacking managers gets you nowhere.

Yesterday was another frustrating one, but there are always positives to be had. Need to give the man the rest of the season and see where we are then.

Its incredibly frustrating but that’s football,

The players need to give us a passionate performance, doesn’t even need to be a win. Just something for us to get behind and make some noise because at the moment the Lane is about as intimidating as going to Lego Land.

Have a good Sunday Bladesmen.

UTB 👊🏻

Only got to look over at the Pigs to see that panicking and sacking managers gets you nowhere.

Yesterday was another frustrating one, but there are always positives to be had. Need to give the man the rest of the season and see where we are then.

The players need to give us a passionate performance, doesn’t even need to be a win. Just something for us to get behind and make some noise because at the moment the Lane is about as intimidating as going to Lego Land.

UTB 👊🏻
their not giving passionate performances because their not playing for this manager

My only concern now is why hasn't he got them into the mindset of how they should be playing.
We are capable of attacking football, fast reagin of possession etc , and when we bother doing it, it's great. Problem is we quickly fall back to tippy tappy bollocks.
Why aren't they getting bollocked from the sideline for slow backwards play? Or suitably revved up before the match?
I'm sure he is capable and the team are too. It needs to start consistentlu happening though.

Possibly, at this point I’d stick with him and let him have a go at rebuilding the team though.
My only concern now is why hasn't he got them into the mindset of how they should be playing.
We are capable of attacking football, fast reagin of possession etc , and when we bother doing it, it's great. Problem is we quickly fall back to tippy tappy bollocks.
Why aren't they getting bollocked from the sideline for slow backwards play? Or suitably revved up before the match?
I'm sure he is capable and the team are too. It needs to start consistentlu happening though.
I feel exactly the same, I think the problem is that Slav isn’t the bollocking type and we have a lot of players who would probably respond to it.

Apparently the players feel he’s a great coach but not a typical manager. But I’d rather stick with him and change that culture. Yes I want to see the players play for the shirt and be passionate for the club, but I don’t want to revert to the type of “football” such as West Brom are playing.

I feel exactly the same, I think the problem is that Slav isn’t the bollocking type and we have a lot of players who would probably respond to it.

Apparently the players feel he’s a great coach but not a typical manager. But I’d rather stick with him and change that culture. Yes I want to see the players play for the shirt and be passionate for the club, but I don’t want to revert to the type of “football” such as West Brom are playing.
Maybe need a dressing room motivator type in to help then, or a Captain who can do it on pitch.
Yesterday Bash seemed to set the example of what was needed.

their not giving passionate performances because their not playing for this manager
Don't think they could play for anybody, apart from 3or 4players get rid of the fucking lot and that includes Mcgoaldrought, he's fucking useless!

Maybe need a dressing room motivator type in to help then, or a Captain who can do it on pitch.
Yesterday Bash seemed to set the example of what was needed.
It’s a shame he doesn’t have someone like Billy in a coaching position or an English number two who can give them a bit of a rocket when needed.

Possibly, at this point I’d stick with him and let him have a go at rebuilding the team thougwell on a financial footing we cant afford to sack him but ifwe could i honestly think it would be a 50-50 decision

Possibly, at this point I’d stick with him and let him have a go at rebuilding the team though.
But you need money to rebuild a team something we haven't really got, you also need time he doesn't stick around at clubs and doesn't seem to me the type of manager who can rebuild teams. I think the players aren't playing for him and some of the performances seem to point towards it. I don't think he's the manager for us personally.

But you need money to rebuild a team something we haven't really got, you also need time he doesn't stick around at clubs and doesn't seem to me the type of manager who can rebuild teams. I think the players aren't playing for him and some of the performances seem to point towards it. I don't think he's the manager for us personally.
I think we will spend in the window.
If anyone come in for Moose I’d cash in, he’s made of Play Dough.

Im hoping the Prince didn’t think we would need many to push for promotion given the squad we had. Slav must have had assurances he would be backed to some degree otherwise he wouldn’t have entertained coming in the first place.

I think we will spend in the window.
If anyone come in for Moose I’d cash in, he’s made of Play Dough.

Im hoping the Prince didn’t think we would need many to push for promotion given the squad we had. Slav must have had assurances he would be backed to some degree otherwise he wouldn’t have entertained coming in the first place.
I hope we do an tbh I'd sell moose mcburnie berge if we could get money for them, I really couldn't care if we're challenging for promotion or not so long as the performances were there but their not and that's what I just can't accept slow boring abject gutless performances.

You don't necessarily need a barrel of money to rebuild, but as I've said elsewhere, the jury is out on whether Slav is the type who can rebuild on a tight budget. Time will tell.

That said, a bulk of these players have now hugely underperformed under three different managers now. That says to me that who the gaffer is ain't the real issue here.

I’d seriously go for up and coming talent in League One and the lower European Leagues. Younger players who are hungry and want to prove they’re good enough. Forget this season, Mid table would do me at the moment. Get rid of the shit and high wage earners in the Summer. Let Slav build his own side. If we could get at least 10-15 million in sales in the Summer, I’d fancy our chances with four to five brought in by Slav on permanent contracts:

Whilst I agree that binning off the manager now would be a knee jerk reaction, I’m struggling to think of any positives that he has brought to the club.

I’m in the meh camp. Wouldn’t be upset if he went, wouldn’t be upset if he stayed.

UTB 👊🏻
I think sometimes you look back on a game and there has been an incident that provides a spark not just to turn around that game but something the team and crowd can 'feed off' for a run of games.
Could be something stupid like a bad tackle, injury, blatant penalty not being given, stupid decision from the ref sending a player off, or positive stuff, scoring a few goals in a good win, last minute winner etc

Problem is we put 6 past Peterborough and snatched a last gasp win against Derby,Brewster scores a wonder goal, neither has provided a spark

Don't think they could play for anybody, apart from 3or 4players get rid of the fucking lot and that includes Mcgoaldrought, he's fucking
I think sometimes you look back on a game and there has been an incident that provides a spark not just to turn around that game but something the team and crowd can 'feed off' for a run of games.
Could be something stupid like a bad tackle, injury, blatant penalty not being given, stupid decision from the ref sending a player off, or positive stuff, scoring a few goals in a good win, last minute winner etc

Problem is we put 6 past Peterborough and snatched a last gasp win against Derby,Brewster scores a wonder goal, neither has provided a spark
I know pal. I thought after the Peterborough game that the season would turn. When Brewster finished that one with such class I thought he’d get a hat trick, I was wrong 😂. We just capitulated.

I know the atmosphere can’t be electric every week but I can’t remember what a rocking Bramall Lane feels like.

I know pal. I thought after the Peterborough game that the season would turn. When Brewster finished that one with such class I thought he’d get a hat trick, I was wrong 😂. We just capitulated.

I know the atmosphere can’t be electric every week but I can’t remember what a rocking Bramall Lane feels like.
Might be me getting lazy in my old age, but I hold the view it's up to the players to spark the crowd, not the other way around

This slow style of football never works at our club, the patient pass it 5 times to get 20 yards, then turn back, and it ends up at the keeper.
Shades of Robson, Adkins and the worst ever Weir.
Up and at em is the Blades DNA.
Warnock, Bassett, Wilder.
Nowt else works.
Treading water until Slavs inevitable sacking.
Hope I'm wrong 😊

UTB 👊🏻
Bang on

Whilst I agree that binning off the manager now would be a knee jerk reaction, I’m struggling to think of any positives that he has brought to the club.

I’m in the meh camp. Wouldn’t be upset if he went, wouldn’t be upset if he stayed.
I’m certainly of the opinion that the players either don’t fully understand or are incapable of transferring onto the pitch what he’s trying to achieve.

Who would you like to see come in that would want to come and who is available to us?

Might be me getting lazy in my old age, but I hold the view it's up to the players to spark the crowd, not the other way around
I think it’s a two way street, but I guess at the moment it’s like watching a really, really slow burning film and waiting for it to get going. Although it could be that it never gets going and you walk out of the cinema saying what a bag of shit that was.

I hope we do an tbh I'd sell moose mcburnie berge if we could get money for them, I really couldn't care if we're challenging for promotion or not so long as the performances were there but their not and that's what I just can't accept slow boring abject gutless performances.
I’d keep Sander for sure. Moose can go, and I’d tell McBurnie that if he can score double figures he has our blessing to return to his beloved Swansea and we will even buy him a suitcase full of shit Gucci clobber to take with him.

I think it’s a two way street, but I guess at the moment it’s like watching a really, really slow burning film and waiting for it to get going. Although it could be that it never gets going and you walk out of the cinema saying what a bag of shit that was.
I think it's part and parcel of the 'characters' on the pitch we all know about there not being a leader or loud dominant voice, there is also a certain lack of engagement, no one is using the crowd, demanding or urging more, from the other players to the crowd, when was the last time someone 'gee'd' up the crowd when we had a corner in front of the kop?

I think it's part and parcel of the 'characters' on the pitch we all know about there not being a leader or loud dominant voice, there is also a certain lack of engagement, no one is using the crowd, demanding or urging more, from the other players to the crowd, when was the last time someone 'gee'd' up the crowd when we had a corner in front of the kop?
Even Billy looks abject at the moment.
Bash seems like the main one who gives a shit.

I think there’s an element of embarrassment in demanding us to raise the noise due to the fact they arn’t really doing anything to get us going.

To be fair to Slav we’re definitely in a false position…

We would actually be 19th if it wasn’t for Derby & Reading having points deducted 😂

Back
Top Bottom