I’m backing Slav to get this right.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I once said that I wouldn’t sack Adkins based on the fact that we’d sacked too many managers in the recent past. My viewpoint on this is probably invalid but I don’t think an expensive sacking will do us any good.

If I have to watch more than another 1 or 2 boring displays like yesterday though I might change my mind.

So what are they playing for ? Another manager that they don’t know or just biding their time until someone takes their place ?
Either way that is a criticism of them and not the manager.

Its not the manager they aren't playing for, it's fucking Sheffield United
disagree players can and have in the past at many clubs got a manager the sack by deliberatly underperforming latest club is man utd their players havent bust a gut to keep solskjar in a job and i dont think ours are either to keep slav in a job

Don’t see any other choice but to stick with can of fish, for the rest of this season and into next.
Not sure it will be pretty or if it will turn out to be caviar or pilchards?

disagree players can and have in the past at many clubs got a manager the sack by deliberatly underperforming latest club is man utd their players havent bust a gut to keep solskjar in a job and i dont think ours are either to keep slav in a job
If our players were really good Championship players then I could see this, but if they force a new manager to be appointed they may be ending their Championship careers.
It makes little sense unless there are grievances that are well hidden from us.

If our players were really good Championship players then I could see this, but if they force a new manager to be appointed they may be ending their Championship careers.
It makes little sense unless there are grievances that are well hidden from us.
but they should be good championship players snowflake results are too bad to be true i stick with my theory that these players just arnt performing for this manager

The same players it has to be said who didn’t play for Chris Wilder and Paul Heckingbottom. Surely the finger must be pointed in there direction more than anyone else
they played better under heckingbottom at a higher level than what their doing under this guy at a lower level somats not right

they played better under heckingbottom at a higher level than what their doing under this guy at a lower level somats not right
They played a system they knew inside out for Hecky. For the money they are paid the modern footballer should be able to adapt given time. Slavs given them time. Yesterday he reverted back to the system they knew and nothing changed. They aren’t his players and as yet he hasn’t had chance to work with any of his own choice. If the board aren’t going to back him in January then they may as well have given the job to Hecky. He’s working with one hand tied behind his back yet we are expecting miracles from him. That’s not to say he’s perfect by any means but he’s learning about the players like they are learning from him….. but he’s learning that they aren’t as good as he thought they were or the attitude/application isn’t good enough

Slav is not the issue, never has been, It's wank Wilder signings and our core players that made us good have given up and lost the fight and drive they once had. Nothing will ever change unless we spend big and overhaul this entire team.

This slow style of football never works at our club, the patient pass it 5 times to get 20 yards, then turn back, and it ends up at the keeper.
Shades of Robson, Adkins and the worst ever Weir.
Up and at em is the Blades DNA.
Warnock, Bassett, Wilder.
Nowt else works.
Treading water until Slavs inevitable sacking.
Hope I'm wrong 😊

The perfect way to play football, but sadly we always lack the basic ingredients to make any system work

Attacking intent, Vision, creativity, fitness, guile, skill and ability.

These losers seem to think that passing it around sideways and backwards whilst taking no responsibility to actually do something positive is acceptable.

They've had long enough to make the effort, truth is, they don't want to.

They've got themselves semi rich and they're done.

One or two of them will get even richer with their next deal at another club, but United as usual will get nothing out of any deal for any of them, only a serious loss on the transfer fee in a desperate attempt to save on their wages.

It's time to accept it, good players don't want to be here, there is a serious problem when every player we pay more than tuppence for turns out to be a wanker.

Even our first season in the Prem, our best days came when 90% of the squad were the freebies and cheapo's we had the previous season in the Championship

Not one signing since getting promoted has given us anything

I think it's part and parcel of the 'characters' on the pitch we all know about there not being a leader or loud dominant voice, there is also a certain lack of engagement, no one is using the crowd, demanding or urging more, from the other players to the crowd, when was the last time someone 'gee'd' up the crowd when we had a corner in front of the kop?
Alan Woodward, and he scored direct as a result 😉

Didn’t Moore take Wendy down :confused:

just won against might Accrington :confused:

Unfortunately this is Sheffield United's default setting, ducking and diving between the championship and league one, apart from the odd glory season we always seem to land back in this situation.
We had a chance to possibly cement ourselves in the Premier league but fucked it up, but what I find totally depressing is the fact we can't even become a yo-yo team, we have been left behind by the usual suspects.
I just pray to God we don't have to worry about playing the pigs next season.
UTB

They played a system they knew inside out for Hecky. For the money they are paid the modern footballer should be able to adapt given time. Slavs given them time. Yesterday he reverted back to the system they knew and nothing changed. They aren’t his players and as yet he hasn’t had chance to work with any of his own choice. If the board aren’t going to back him in January then they may as well have given the job to Hecky. He’s working with one hand tied behind his back yet we are expecting miracles from him. That’s not to say he’s perfect by any means but he’s learning about the players like they are learning from him….. but he’s learning that they aren’t as good as he thought they were or the attitude/application isn’t good enough
the problem weve got is that we need to move players on to create finance for new signings but nobody is going to buy them the way their playing and we cant afford to bring players in if this doesnt happen do see everybodys point about it being the players that are letting us down but slav obviously isnt motivating them in to better performances im afraid thats the reason farke smith nuno and now solskjar have lost their jobs

I’d seriously go for up and coming talent in League One and the lower European Leagues. Younger players who are hungry and want to prove they’re good enough. Forget this season, Mid table would do me at the moment. Get rid of the shit and high wage earners in the Summer. Let Slav build his own side. If we could get at least 10-15 million in sales in the Summer, I’d fancy our chances with four to five brought in by Slav on permanent contracts:
We’ve been through this before. Up & coming young players from the lower European leagues isn’t really an option any more post Brexit.

And they were the previous 12 months under Wilder?
playing in the premier league we were outclassed most games but it shouldnt be happening in this league i stand by what ive said i dont think their giving everything for this manager

I'm not the worlds biggest fan, but you have to give him a chance. I might be typing something different come January. The players need to step up. That said some of the team selection and substitutions have been somewhat baffling.

Unfortunately this is Sheffield United's default setting, ducking and diving between the championship and league one, apart from the odd glory season we always seem to land back in this situation.
We had a chance to possibly cement ourselves in the Premier league but fucked it up, but what I find totally depressing is the fact we can't even become a yo-yo team, we have been left behind by the usual suspects.
I just pray to God we don't have to worry about playing the pigs next season.
UTB
This is what is really sad.

It absolutely isn't our default setting until about the 1980s.

1893-1934 - Top Tier
1934-1939 - Second Tier
1946-1949 - Top Tier
1949-1953 - Second Tier
1953-1956 - Top Tier
1956-1961 - Second Tier
1961-1968 - Top Tier
1968-1971 - Second Tier
1971-1976 - Top Tier

Pause there.

55 top flight seasons and 17 second tier ones.

I'm not taking full responsibility (!) But up until I was born, discounting the early years of establishing the club and leagues like Midlands leagues of which I have little knowledge, the club spent over 3/4 of our time as a Club established in the top flight.

It's only after I was born in 1976 it all went to pot:
1977-1979 - Second Tier
1979-1981 - Third Tier
1982-1982 - Fourth Tier
1982-1984 - Third Tier
1984-1988 - Second Tier
1988-1989 - Third Tier
1989-1990 - Second Tier
1990-1994 - Top Tier
1994-2006 - Second Tier
2006-2007 - Top Tier
2007-2011 - Second Tier
2011-2017 - Third Tier
2017-2019 - Second Tier
2019-2021 - Top Tier
2021-2022 - Second Tier

Since 1976 we've had 7 top level seasons, 26 second tier, 11 third tier and one fourth tier season. Of my 45 years it's been 57% second tier stuff with just the 15% top flight offering in our lifetimes.

To quote Neil Warnock, it's a disgrace really.

To think, despite how abject we have been in my lifetime, since we first got promoted to the top flight, we've still spent more seasons - 62 - as a top flight club than at any other level combined. 43 Second Tier, 11 Third Tier and 1 Fourth Tier.

Even if you add back in the three seasons of being established, (discounting 1889-90 as we didn't play league matches), then you show 62/120 seasons (some lost due to WW1&2) as an elite team.

So we're not dead, only sleeping!

UTB

This is what is really sad.

It absolutely isn't our default setting until about the 1980s.

1893-1934 - Top Tier
1934-1939 - Second Tier
1946-1949 - Top Tier
1949-1953 - Second Tier
1953-1956 - Top Tier
1956-1961 - Second Tier
1961-1968 - Top Tier
1968-1971 - Second Tier
1971-1976 - Top Tier

Pause there.

55 top flight seasons and 17 second tier ones.

I'm not taking full responsibility (!) But up until I was born, discounting the early years of establishing the club and leagues like Midlands leagues of which I have little knowledge, the club spent over 3/4 of our time as a Club established in the top flight.

It's only after I was born in 1976 it all went to pot:
1977-1979 - Second Tier
1979-1981 - Third Tier
1982-1982 - Fourth Tier
1982-1984 - Third Tier
1984-1988 - Second Tier
1988-1989 - Third Tier
1989-1990 - Second Tier
1990-1994 - Top Tier
1994-2006 - Second Tier
2006-2007 - Top Tier
2007-2011 - Second Tier
2011-2017 - Third Tier
2017-2019 - Second Tier
2019-2021 - Top Tier
2021-2022 - Second Tier

Since 1976 we've had 7 top level seasons, 26 second tier, 11 third tier and one fourth tier season. Of my 45 years it's been 57% second tier stuff with just the 15% top flight offering in our lifetimes.

To quote Neil Warnock, it's a disgrace really.

To think, despite how abject we have been in my lifetime, since we first got promoted to the top flight, we've still spent more seasons - 62 - as a top flight club than at any other level combined. 43 Second Tier, 11 Third Tier and 1 Fourth Tier.

Even if you add back in the three seasons of being established, (discounting 1889-90 as we didn't play league matches), then you show 62/120 seasons (some lost due to WW1&2) as an elite team.

So we're not dead, only sleeping!

UTB
I will give you a four word answer.

Premier League changed everything!

Back
Top Bottom