Match Thread Hull City v The Mighty Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep, Reece Burke is out, and so is Markus Henriksen, the midfielder and captain.

That's two important, tall spine players missing, and a young lad (McKenzie) will be replacing Burke at CB.

I fancy Madine to do well today.

Reece Burke is a big loss for them, someone I'd be keen on us to look at for next season. He'd be good competition for Bash.

Watching Madine v Forest showed his shortcomings, he doesn't seem to be able to get on the end of things like Sharp or McGoldrick. Hogan I'm still hoping will come good since we don't seem to play to his strength of him rolling off the last man (which is odd since both Fleck and Duffy do the threaded pass well).

I didn’t think it was one of Madine’s better games, and while I agree he doesn’t perhaps have the ability of other strikers to get on the end of stuff whipped in that he needs to stretch for, he does have other useful qualities displayed on Friday. He’s strong, he can link up play well (when used correctly), and I thought we noticeably dipped when he was replaced for Hogan – we stopped being able to retain possession, the strikers couldn’t hold onto the ball long enough for supporting players to join them.

I'm always worried about Madine doing something stupid and getting sent off. His deserved sending off for two bad and totally unnecessary fouls against Brentford must have put a question mark in CW's mind.

First half on Friday he did seem to needlessly go in for a challenge on a defender when the ball was already off the pitch, which did make me worry for a moment. He needs to cut that, and the blatant looking for free-kicks, out of his game – do that and we have more of a reliable asset.

I don't think it will be like the Forest game so 2 nil might be a bit optimistic. But then again I'd resigned myself to the championship next season looking for positives before Friday. However I think this match is more like the match away to Leeds it's a derby to them (obviously not to us) they want to finish on a high and as Chris Wilder says they have a lot of professional pride. Also we were shocking there last season so it will be incredibly difficult. Hopefully we will prevail.

Last edited:
Just don't come off the pitch with everybody saying "You stupid twats, WHY ????"
Play our normal game, impose ourselves, keep it going from the first second to the last, don't let up for a second, let's put Leeds under severe pressure today.
It's become a three game season so let's just blitz our way through the pain barrier

I'm always worried about Madine doing something stupid and getting sent off. His deserved sending off for two bad and totally unnecessary fouls against Brentford must have put a question mark in CW's mind.

It was a straight red. Or perhaps he got away with another one earlier in the game? I forget.

It was a straight red. Or perhaps he got away with another one earlier in the game? I forget.
He committed a bad foul about five minutes before but you're right I think he got away with it. It was a free kick. Both were nonsense fouls near the touchline in the Brentford half.

Being nervous before a game such as this is natural, I can't predict the result but just think of wilder, knill and all the fans getting behind em, should ease the tension somewhat, that'll be £30 thanks, next.

The last time Dowell played at the KC he scored a hat trick, just saying

Shame he isn’t starting really.

Yep, OK. You've said. Well done for being ITK on this.

In this case, we're taking a risk. It's a gamble starting Hogan. He's done next to nothing so far and his inclusion seems more hopeful than anything.

Hogan and McGoldrick is a good partnership on paper but will the game suit him, and will we give him the right service?

Hull have to go for 3 points so hopefully there'll be space for him and Dowell.

You certainly know your onions, Snowman, I'll give you that.

Hull City are one of, if not 'the' team you don't want to play at this time of the season, at their ground.

They are unbeaten in the last 12 home games, winning 9 and drawing 3. During this run, they have scored 29 goals and conceded 9, at a goals per game average of 3.2 and an average result of 2.4 - 0.8. As Shakira prophetically said, "stats don't lie". We will lose, and the result will be in line with the stats and we will then pray that Brentford do us a favour.

If I were Brentford, having read the historical mockery & dissing on here from the likes of Pinchy, I would be reluctant to break a sweat.

Huge game today.

Most nervous I've felt before a game for a while.

I can't help but think a win today would be decisive.

Reactions: Dkc

You certainly know your onions, Snowman, I'll give you that.

Hull City are one of, if not 'the' team you don't want to play at this time of the season, at their ground.

They are unbeaten in the last 12 home games, winning 9 and drawing 3. During this run, they have scored 29 goals and conceded 9, at a goals per game average of 3.2 and an average result of 2.4 - 0.8. As Shakira prophetically said, "stats don't lie". We will lose, and the result will be in line with the stats and we will then pray that Brentford do us a favour.

If I were Brentford, having read the historical mockery & dissing on here from the likes of Pinchy, I would be reluctant to break a sweat.

Fastly becoming tedious Nick. Not sure the forum needs any more resident doom-mongers

Fastly becoming tedious Nick. Not sure the forum needs any more resident doom-mongers

No problem, C2na. Please disregard my post. It's all factually incorrect and I'm lying, lying through my teeth.

Hull City are in a great run of form at home stretching back to November, been scoring goals relatively freely and due to the external factors relating to the match, are a side that I'd rather not play at this moment in time. I honestly think that we'll struggle today, due to an accumulation of this, nerves and due to the drop off in our performance levels in the last 6 weeks. That's my honest opinion, not positive, differing from others on here, but it's my honest opinion. One which I always try and tie into a statistical/factual base.

But anyhows, your point is taken, you've put a shot across my bows and I'd hate to become tedious. That's the last you'll hear/see of me on the main board until season's end. UTB :)

I drove past Adkins Road today.

Thought it could be a sign. A sign of what I do not know. A sign I’d gone the wrong way was my first thought

There is a Clough road not far from there too. All goes well this season a nearby road should be renamed The Chris Wilder way.

No problem, C2na. Please disregard my post. It's all factually incorrect and I'm lying, lying through my teeth.

Hull City are in a great run of form at home stretching back to November, been scoring goals relatively freely and due to the external factors relating to the match, are a side that I'd rather not play at this moment in time. I honestly think that we'll struggle today, due to an accumulation of this, nerves and due to the drop off in our performance levels in the last 6 weeks. That's my honest opinion, not positive, differing from others on here, but it's my honest opinion. One which I always try and tie into a statistical/factual base.

But anyhows, your point is taken, you've put a shot across my bows and I'd hate to become tedious. That's the last you'll hear/see of me on the main board until season's end. UTB :)

Not disputing the facts of your post NC, and I completely agree that it will be a tough game: Hull are in great form (especially at home, as you point out) and I'm not overly confident myself.

I think the difference between you an me is the confidence in which you state your opinions. In your original post, you say "We will lose, and the result will be in line with the stats" rather than "based on the stats, I think we'll lose."

In addition, while the stats you post are certainly valid, they don't tell the whole story. You mentioned Hull's fantastic home form, yet omitted the fact that our away record is equally impressive, especially when you consider the quality of the opposition.
Put it this way, the last time Hull played anyone in the top 6 at home was in November.

You're obviously free to post what you want, and I'm certainly no authority, I just felt obliged to challenge your post as it seemed unduly negative, and a reccuring theme - at least in my perception.

UTB mate, anyway.:)

You do know we are currently sitting 2nd in the league with a pretty impressive record ourselves don't you?

Egan in as expected. Hogan in as some suggested. Wilder gets the nod to continue as manager for this one.

Back
Top Bottom