Our Debt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Broomhall Blade

Reaction score
Just seen this on Porktalk.

Just going back to the Aussie vampire bank for a moment. Just been having a read of their site and there's some interesting stuff coming out.
They have five outstanding loans four to the vampire bank and one to close brothers
The vampire loans have been taken out over the last year or so and are secured against the "fixed assets of the club" ( so stadium training ground land hotel offices etc) and any future income from the premier league until 2026!!!
Companies house doesn't give the amount but someone reckons it's 80 million, with total debt at around 140million.
80 million would be about the amount they get for parachute payments over two years I guess.

Sorry if this is duplicated thread or in the wrong section.
Now I know it's only Porktalk but they do have some of the worlds top financial experts on there, but is this even close too being correct.
I see they are being a bit vague with the "someone" is the someone be Alan the C@#t or maybe Rifleman.

Selling Anel, Souza and Hamer replacing them with academy/free transfers/loans will sort out majority of our financial worries and then some but let them have this wankfest for now.

Selling Anel, Souza and Hamer replacing them with academy/free transfers/loans will sort out majority of our financial worries and then some but let them have this wankfest for now.
Oh they are certainly having a wankfest on Porktalk after their "Great Escape "
Watch out Man City and Arsenal the sleeping giant is awakening.
New 5 year contract coming for the worlds greatest manager apparently.
Just have to hope Chancer has kept something up his sleeve to bring them back down too earth again.

Thought we cleared our debt when we got up tbh
Given what we've done I'd hope it at least means we are much more on an even keel.

Thing is I'm struggling to see how we are so bad off. Given we've put funds into the hotel, purchased the land from HSBC and purchased the land around the ground off McCabe. And we haven't spent a great deal in net transfer fees. Wages will be more this season but so is PL monies.

I suspect we will be in debt as we take it out before we get pl installments.

I do wonder. And maybe Im being hopeful here. That we are going to have to be really tight on finances but what I mean by that is. We need to account for any debtors installments and payments as we do not want more points deductions.

However there is a budget that we are working too and it's a decent top 6 or better budget for the division.

Oh they are certainly having a wankfest on Porktalk after their "Great Escape "
Watch out Man City and Arsenal the sleeping giant is awakening.
New 5 year contract coming for the worlds greatest manager apparently.
Just have to hope Chancer has kept something up his sleeve to bring them back down too earth again.
They've got to be one of the last so called giants to still be asleep after Leeds and Forest finally went back up.

In "old football", I'd always imagined the funding model for infrastructure (new stands, training grounds, etc) was usually - borrow conventionally at commercial rates, know your income, control your expenditure, and pay the debt for infrastructure off to a schedule.

When posters say - we've refurbished the hotel, we've purchased HSBC Dore and we've purchased the McCabe Plots - that doesn't necessarily mean we've bought AND paid for those things.

My assumption is - we've borrowed money to do those things, and we'll be paying that money back from future revenue.

Happy to have that corrected by those who know more about finances than me.

Back
Top Bottom