How to watch games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dependant on which channels the games end up being shown on there are loads of different options and costings so no one should really miss out or have to pay bucketloads.

Sky have 64 games with 25 of them being aired free to air. If you don't want to subscribe to Sky you can use Now TV and pay either £34 for a months access or £5.99 for their mobile access. Dependant on your device you can get HDMI connectors for about a tenner and just connect your phone to your TV.

BT have 20 games with none available free to air but quite a few providers offer free BT Sport ie EE, which again is mobile only unless you pay a tenner a month, see above workaround.

BBC have 4 games all free to air obviously.

Amazon also have 4 games. They do a free 1st month of Amazon Prime so just find someone who has never registered with Amazon Prime and away you go. Even if our games are on there and spread over the 2 months the most you'd pay would be £7.99 for the 2nd month.

I have charged Foxy with sourcing a projector and screen for socially distanced football viewing in the garden.

The offshot kitchen wall is the perfect spot for a screen.

So, with the fantastic news about the restart, next question is how to watch them.
It seems like they are going to be split between Sky, BBC, BT and Amazon. Sky having the lions share obviously, some free to air.
But with pubs shut, it will still be tricky unless you have subscriptions to everything.
Wonder if the clubs will do streams for season ticket holders??
Any ideas or more info anyone??
👁👀👁

I have charged Foxy with sourcing a projector and screen for socially distanced football viewing in the garden.

I take that is an open invite for us all to watch in your garden?
Have we got to bring anything, or are you laying on booze and grub?

Dependant on which channels the games end up being shown on there are loads of different options and costings so no one should really miss out or have to pay bucketloads.

Sky have 64 games with 25 of them being aired free to air. If you don't want to subscribe to Sky you can use Now TV and pay either £34 for a months access or £5.99 for their mobile access. Dependant on your device you can get HDMI connectors for about a tenner and just connect your phone to your TV.

BT have 20 games with none available free to air but quite a few providers offer free BT Sport ie EE, which again is mobile only unless you pay a tenner a month, see above workaround.

BBC have 4 games all free to air obviously.

Amazon also have 4 games. They do a free 1st month of Amazon Prime so just find someone who has never registered with Amazon Prime and away you go. Even if our games are on there and spread over the 2 months the most you'd pay would be £7.99 for the 2nd month.
See my earlier post on Now TV for those that can😎

Never ever had any luck with screens in the Garden,

you really need an awning to put the screen in to shield it from any light whatsoever .....

I take that is an open invite for us all to watch in your garden?
Have we got to bring anything, or are you laying on booze and grub?

Ideally, a projector and screen, so I don't have to compromise/spend :D

Ideally, a projector and screen, so I don't have to compromise/spend :D
Cool. I've got a projector and an old sheet. You just need to spark up the barbie for a few hundred burgers and a barrel of ale.
Are you doing just for Villa or every match? 😁

So, with the fantastic news about the restart, next question is how to watch them.
It seems like they are going to be split between Sky, BBC, BT and Amazon. Sky having the lions share obviously, some free to air.
But with pubs shut, it will still be tricky unless you have subscriptions to everything.
Wonder if the clubs will do streams for season ticket holders??
Any ideas or more info anyone??
It won't be tricky at all. Go to a mates house who has it on. Just sit on the other side of the settee.

Never ever had any luck with screens in the Garden,

you really need an awning to put the screen in to shield it from any light whatsoever .....
I wouldn't worry about it too much, the weather will have changed by the 17th and it'll be pissing it down! ☹️

Believe some bars with outside space may open like they have in spain
We move to phase 2 on Monday here and can use 33 per cent of bar and restaurant interiors as well as outer terraces.
Think pubs could 're open late June early july

I'll be watch via the DAZN app as I have all season.Every single Premier League and European game and many other sports. Apps available on Xbox, playstation and Amazon fiestick. Costs me around £3 per month all in. DM for details.

I have bt sport and gave been able to Chromecast to telly United games when on, from my mobile and also laptop the only problem I gave with the Chromecast is I sometimes have to keep resetting it and set it up again. If a united game is on sky and you watch it through Now TV be aware it is about 90 seconds behind live sky thru skybox and radio commentary, tis the same with by and Amazon prime but not as much, think the delay is a legal thing for internet streamed games.

I have bt sport and gave been able to Chromecast to telly United games when on, from my mobile and also laptop the only problem I gave with the Chromecast is I sometimes have to keep resetting it and set it up again. If a united game is on sky and you watch it through Now TV be aware it is about 90 seconds behind live sky thru skybox and radio commentary, tis the same with by and Amazon prime but not as much, think the delay is a legal thing for internet streamed games.
I remember the Everton away game. I watched it on my phone with an adapter to the tele. Mousset scored, there was a delay, and all I could see on the screen was group chat messages saying 'MOUSSSSSSSSEEEEE' and 'Get in'. Spoilt the surprise.

This makes sense. I've already paid to watch the home games. I should be able to see them without an external subscription

These external companies pay for the rights to broadcast the matches, so there is no way United are going to do anything to rival that. A refund on tickets to allow fans to use that money to pay for Now TV or BT Sports is probably all United can offer.

We move to phase 2 on Monday here and can use 33 per cent of bar and restaurant interiors as well as outer terraces.
All the games are on at The Hub Villamartin, which is where daughter number two will be watching.

I think they will open fairly soon also, many with some kind of social distancing in place.

You would think clubs would stream to season ticket holders . Even charging for a viewing pass to non season ticket holders .

Would bring in some much needed revenue. Then again don’t suppose sky and bt would be so accommodating!
It's only like pubs doing it so if the club bungs sky a few quid I can't see the issue.

The system was there non UK residents could pay to watch the matches on the website.

Not bothering with the Telly. I've written to that Cummings bloke.
He'll be at the bigger games so I'll be going as his plus one (he says I'll have to drive and provide commentary for him during the game though).

It's only like pubs doing it so if the club bungs sky a few quid I can't see the issue.

On average, each and every game played in the Premier League is worth nearly £6,000,000 from domestic and international TV markets.

How much do you suggest the club offers them to give up their broadcast rights?

On average, each and every game played in the Premier League is worth nearly £6,000,000 from domestic and international TV markets.

How much do you suggest the club offers them to give up their broadcast rights?
The same amount a pub does.

Back
Top Bottom