How to watch games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Greasy Chap Butty

Not even a fish
Reaction score
So, with the fantastic news about the restart, next question is how to watch them.
It seems like they are going to be split between Sky, BBC, BT and Amazon. Sky having the lions share obviously, some free to air.
But with pubs shut, it will still be tricky unless you have subscriptions to everything.
Wonder if the clubs will do streams for season ticket holders??
Any ideas or more info anyone??

BBC showing four games.

Sky showing 25 on pick which is on Freeview ( also on normal sky for those with it)

All the rest on sky and bt with 4 others on Amazon.

Been confirmed over at the NowTV forum

With 92 Premier League matches of the current season remaining, Sky Sports subscribers will be able to watch 39 exclusive live games with a further 25 available more widely via Sky's free-to-air 'Pick' Channel and simulcast on Sky Sports

So in SD for the freeviewers and HD for Sky subs.

Get some dodgy apps, I imagine the betting companies will have their dirty mitts on the games aswell.

So, with the fantastic news about the restart, next question is how to watch them.
It seems like they are going to be split between Sky, BBC, BT and Amazon. Sky having the lions share obviously, some free to air.
But with pubs shut, it will still be tricky unless you have subscriptions to everything.
Wonder if the clubs will do streams for season ticket holders??
Any ideas or more info anyone??

You would think clubs would stream to season ticket holders . Even charging for a viewing pass to non season ticket holders .

Would bring in some much needed revenue. Then again don’t suppose sky and bt would be so accommodating!

You would think clubs would stream to season ticket holders . Even charging for a viewing pass to non season ticket holders .

Would bring in some much needed revenue. Then again don’t suppose sky and bt would be so accommodating!

I think that'll be happening, probably in conjunction with said TV companies (day passes for Now TV sort of thing) but only for the home games missed.

You can get a now tv pass for the Sky matches and pay for BT Sport on a monthly non contract basis. So there isn’t really much point in clubs charging for streams when there are cheap enough options already available for fans to watch their club for the rest of the season.

Are there any close by buildings that have a view of the pitch? Always liked the appartments/buildings that surround some of the cricket grounds where people are getting a free view whilst enjoying a beer and a burger.

You can get a now tv pass for the Sky matches and pay for BT Sport on a monthly non contract basis. So there isn’t really much point in clubs charging for streams when there are cheap enough options already available for fans to watch their club for the rest of the season.

Right I see , at least we get to see all the games , one way or another . I’m sure we will find out dates/times of fixtures in the coming days.

Have they said that now tv thing is happening with the reatart? That would be good.
Bt sport 1 month only subscription is a good call too.

Have they said that now tv thing is happening with the reatart? That would be good.
Bt sport 1 month only subscription is a good call too.

I don't see why they won't continue with Now TV, they'd be mad not to really, they'll make a fortune.

If you've got an EE phone contract, you can also get 3 months BT Sport for free. The wife is on EE so I'm tempted to just get the 3 months free, but as I've not got an Xbox, Samsung TV, Apple TV or Chromecast to enable me to watch it on TV, I'm tempted to just pay the 1 month fee so I can watch it on the Sky box. Depends how many of our matches will be on BT really.

I don't see why they won't continue with Now TV, they'd be mad not to really, they'll make a fortune.

If you've got an EE phone contract, you can also get 3 months BT Sport for free. The wife is on EE so I'm tempted to just get the 3 months free, but as I've not got an Xbox, Samsung TV, Apple TV or Chromecast to enable me to watch it on TV, I'm tempted to just pay the 1 month fee so I can watch it on the Sky box. Depends how many of our matches will be on BT really.

I've done exactly this for the German games on BT - HOWEVER, WORD OF WARNING: the app works fine on the phone, but you cannot cast it to TV (including Chromecast etc) unless you buy a £10 monthly bolt on. Even mirroring on an old Amazon firestick still requires this bolt on, so essentially you're agreeing to £10 sub if you want to project to more than your phone. I did it though and it's decent quality through the Chromecast (and reasonable on the old firestick if you happened to have one but isn't quite full screen and you can't do anything else on phone whilst watching) - good bit of kit IMO

I was on the trial for NowTV on BT TV and it’s really good; fully integrated into the channel list, and Sky Sports had negligible (if any) difference in broadcast timing compared with satellite... as opposed to watching over a stream which always seems to be at least 30s behind.

Be interesting to see what clubs do for season ticket holders, if anything.

I've just checked and the 30 day Now Tv is £34 for one month. I might go for 1 month, and see what streams are like for the second month. Plus by then, there might be some pub openings???

I've just checked and the 30 day Now Tv is £34 for one month. I might go for 1 month, and see what streams are like for the second month. Plus by then, there might be some pub openings???

Might be worth waiting until we know which of our matches are being shown by each broadcaster. We might be on the Sky Freeview channel a few bit, in which case you might as well look at Now TV day passes for the matches on the usual Sky Sports. But if you want to watch a load of non United Prem matches the month pass will obviously be the better option.

Might be worth waiting until we know which of our matches are being shown by each broadcaster. We might be on the Sky Freeview channel a few bit, in which case you might as well look at Now TV day passes for the matches on the usual Sky Sports. But if you want to watch a load of non United Prem matches the month pass will obviously be the better option.
Good plan !

If you're after BT sport, I'd suggest if you have BT broadband (or even if you don't, I still think it's the same price) getting the one that you stream rather than paying for it to be added to Sky.

I have BT broadband and pay £15 a month for BT Sport and I watch it using the app on my PS4 (there are apps for other things too, and you can view it in a browser), whereas to pay for it as a package on Sky, it's £25 a month.

The quality is very good on my PS4, its HD and the app is nicely laid out and easy to use.

Last edited:

You can watch BT Sport on a pc easily enough (you can probably connect to a tv with the right cable)
Probably???

Now TV offering 40% cashback until 14 June via Lloyds mobile banking app. Only 3 days pre start so may be worth considering 😎

Reactions: cec
It really doesn't need anything fancy at all - plug an old laptop into the TV with a VGA cable, a new laptop with a HDMI cable and bring up one of the many many streams that have been available for donkeys years or you could just watch it on the PC without kicking the wife off Eastenders!

UTB

It really doesn't need anything fancy at all - plug an old laptop into the TV with a VGA cable, a new laptop with a HDMI cable and bring up one of the many many streams that have been available for donkeys years or you could just watch it on the PC without kicking the wife off Eastenders!

UTB
I 'know somebody' who watches lots of away matches like that, some of the ones against so called top teams I found he found that they got took down quick. I wanted to guard against that happening because I imagine Sky is going to be doing extra to bring in all the extra 1 or 2 month subscriptions???

Many mobile phone contracts include the mobile version of BT Sport (EE and Plusnet, and I think some others?).

The version of BT Sport that they bundle usually only lets you stream to the device that is subscribed (i.e. your phone) and if you try casting it to your TV the video shuts down, or the app throws an error.

I don't know whether they shut this down because I haven't tried it for a while but; you used to be able to get the BT Sport app for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store and could access BT Sport on the app (even though you are supposed to be locked into only accessing it on your mobile device). This only worked with the Windows 10 app (i.e. you'd get an error if you tried to access BT Sport on a tablet, smart TV, etc).

At the very least that means you can watch BT Sport on a monitor/laptop instead of on a small mobile screen, but if you have HDMI on your laptop, congratulations, you can now watch BT Sport on your TV at no additional cost!

I 'know somebody' who watches lots of away matches like that, some of the ones against so called top teams I found he found that they got took down quick. I wanted to guard against that happening because I imagine Sky is going to be doing extra to bring in all the extra 1 or 2 month subscriptions???

I've watched every United away game, except for the 2 we went to (Wolves & Norwich)

It really isn't difficult to find and the games are generally screened from an American feed, especially the 3pm kick off games. Sunday/Monday games generally come from other sources.

Whether it will change in the future is anybodies guess, but watching Prem games over the past few years has been easy.

UTB

I think that'll be happening, probably in conjunction with said TV companies (day passes for Now TV sort of thing) but only for the home games missed.
This makes sense. I've already paid to watch the home games. I should be able to see them without an external subscription

Are there any close by buildings that have a view of the pitch? Always liked the appartments/buildings that surround some of the cricket grounds where people are getting a free view whilst enjoying a beer and a burger.

Just climb up the floodlight gantry..o_O

I've watched every United away game, except for the 2 we went to (Wolves & Norwich)

It really isn't difficult to find and the games are generally screened from an American feed, especially the 3pm kick off games. Sunday/Monday games generally come from other sources.

Whether it will change in the future is anybodies guess, but watching Prem games over the past few years has been easy.

UTB
we have, can't remember which 'big club' away games (2 of them) the feeds just crashed non stop. Same ones you describe. Maybe just bad luck, hopefully all these ones will work fine.

Back
Top Bottom