How many points by the end of November?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Traditionally we've always performed better against the quality teams and struggled against the ones we are probably expected to beat.

We are now equipped with real pace, energy, power and skill in midfield and up front.

We must work on our solidity defensively and cut out the errors.

The Wilder PL side worked so well because we took the game to the oppo and got them on the back foot cos had a solid back line.

I see this as our best way of getting enough points to consolidate.

Rant over.

Tottenham (a) Draw
Newcastle (h) Loss
West Ham (a) Draw

Fulham (a) Win
Man Utd (h) Win
Arsenal (a) Battered

Wolves (h) Draw
Brighton (a) Loss
Bournemouth (h) Win

12 Luvvvleh points.

Tottenham (a) Draw
Newcastle (h) Loss
West Ham (a) Draw

Fulham (a) Win
Man Utd (h) Win
Arsenal (a) Battered

Wolves (h) Draw
Brighton (a) Loss
Bournemouth (h) Win

12 Luvvvleh points.
Matron

I've been looking at our run of games after the international break and it's much tougher than I'd originally appreciated.

Looking at the nine fixtures between now and the end of November I can only see us realistically getting 6-8 points from them, meaning we'd go into December on 7-9 points from 13 games.

This comes with the caveat that I'm one of the more pessimistic Blades fans, but I'm interested to know where others think we'll be after this next run of games?
I've got us down for around 17 points up until the start of January.

We'll be reight 😀

I am predicting 10 points meaning only one more point plus the one we have to avoid the dreaded Derby low score 💀

My Spurs mate is nervous about us next, he’s said they can “do a Spurs” every game and simply not turn up.

The issue is that they have the quality to not turn up and still give most teams a game. Bear in mind we beat them in the cup with a moment of magic.

If we go at Spurs from the off I trust we can get a goal, but I see us then trying to protect the win and inviting pressure to then draw or lose.

No idea on points return, every game is a cup final at this stage until we’re settled and have an idea of shape / tactics / strengths etc.

All I would say is we need to be beating teams around us so we don’t become adrift. Anything else is a bonus.

My Spurs mate is nervous about us next, he’s said they can “do a Spurs” every game and simply not turn up.

The issue is that they have the quality to not turn up and still give most teams a game. Bear in mind we beat them in the cup with a moment of magic.

If we go at Spurs from the off I trust we can get a goal, but I see us then trying to protect the win and inviting pressure to then draw or lose.

No idea on points return, every game is a cup final at this stage until we’re settled and have an idea of shape / tactics / strengths etc.

All I would say is we need to be beating teams around us so we don’t become adrift. Anything else is a bonus.
When we beat Burnley 5-2 we were riding high in the table.......much the same as Spurs are now after beating Burnley 5-2.

Our next game was against a supposed shit team at the wrong end of the table at Bramall Lane...........it was Rotherham and we lost 1-0.....get yer cash on Blades to beat Spurs 1-0..thats how it works this football game malarky.

Using the generally accepted method of math's calculus the "pigomassive integral calculus theory".

Asking the same question of the first four games would have probably been answered with 1-3 points v Palace; 1-3 points @ Forest, 0-1 point v City and 1-3 points v Everton. So, we should be on at least 3 points and we're already 2 points off that forecast.
If we’d have recruited semi-fit, grown up footballers capable of competing in the PL for those games I’d have agreed with you, but we didn’t and we’ve ended up with 1 point.

At the moment things seem ok because there are teams with similarly poor returns to us, but really it’s not ok and our late recruitment will eventually bite us on the arse.

It will take until game 10 for us to find a settled and match fit side of players able to compete and at that point McBurnie might be injured again so we’ll be thin on the ground up front again.

Fulham, Man United, Wolves and Bournemouth look to be the easier games.

Got to try and get a point at least in the home matches. Need to tighten up defensively though. Lots of work to be done!

This.
We need to maximize our home games as much as possible. Play every game like a one off knock out match.

5-6 points with just the one win.

Fixtures:

Tottenham (a)
Newcastle (h)
West Ham (a)

Fulham (a)
Man Utd (h)
Arsenal (a)

Wolves (h)
Brighton (a)
Bournemouth (h)

Tottenham (a) 2-1 - Spurs look very good under Ange, but defensively sloppy at times. If Burnley can score 2. Man City performance needed.
Newcastle (h) 1-1 - Not really been impressed with Newcastle, granted tricky fixture run. No Botman, Scharr due to injuries, maybe vulnerable?*
West Ham (a) 2-1 - On fire at the minute, most nervous about this one.

Fulham (a) 0-1 - Not sure what vein of form they'll be on; playing Luton & Chelsea prior. But feels like a must win, could see us edging it.
Man Utd (h) 1-1 - Like Newcastle, not been impressed. Lucky vs. Wolves. A lot of talent, don't get me wrong. Rashford v Baldock is the key battle.
Arsenal (a) 3-1 - improving match-by-match. Do have to travel to Sevilla for Champions League 3 days before though, which is tough.

Wolves (h) 0-2 - In that group of teams, this is a must win. They've a tough run in the build up to us. Hopefully demoralised.
Brighton (a) 2-1 - De Zerbi has made them even better. Only benefit is they travel to Ajax 2 days prior, maybe they rotate or have some injuries?
Bournemouth (h) 0-1 - Again, like Wolves is a must win as in that collection of teams.

Total: 11 points

I'm not one to be pessimistic, I am trying to be realistic though. A lot of these performances will need to replicate how we played in the City match. But, we've looked better each week due to the additions.

*Newcastle play v Milan, in Milan, 4 days prior to us too. I didn't think they had the depth for both competitions & needed to do more business whilst the window was open. maybe could capitalise on that (?)

Tottenham (a) 2-1 - Spurs look very good under Ange, but defensively sloppy at times. If Burnley can score 2. Man City performance needed.
Newcastle (h) 1-1 - Not really been impressed with Newcastle, granted tricky fixture run. No Botman, Scharr due to injuries, maybe vulnerable?*
West Ham (a) 2-1 - On fire at the minute, most nervous about this one.

Fulham (a) 0-1 - Not sure what vein of form they'll be on; playing Luton & Chelsea prior. But feels like a must win, could see us edging it.
Man Utd (h) 1-1 - Like Newcastle, not been impressed. Lucky vs. Wolves. A lot of talent, don't get me wrong. Rashford v Baldock is the key battle.
Arsenal (a) 3-1 - improving match-by-match. Do have to travel to Sevilla for Champions League 3 days before though, which is tough.

Wolves (h) 0-2 - In that group of teams, this is a must win. They've a tough run in the build up to us. Hopefully demoralised.
Brighton (a) 2-1 - De Zerbi has made them even better. Only benefit is they travel to Ajax 2 days prior, maybe they rotate or have some injuries?
Bournemouth (h) 0-1 - Again, like Wolves is a must win as in that collection of teams.

Total: 11 points

I'm not one to be pessimistic, I am trying to be realistic though. A lot of these performances will need to replicate how we played in the City match. But, we've looked better each week due to the additions.

*Newcastle play v Milan, in Milan, 4 days prior to us too. I didn't think they had the depth for both competitions & needed to do more business whilst the window was open. maybe could capitalise on that (?)

That’s 5 points mate, unless you’ve got the scores the wrong way round?

Bournemouth home 0-1 suggests we’ll lose that one.

Tottenham (a) not an easy game to come back to but a lot of their key players are travelling and playing over the international break, although disappointly South Korea's two games are in Wales and Newcastle. They're playing well under Postecoglu, particularly through midfield which remains our weakest area - LOSS
Newcastle (h)
are in Europe for the first time in a long while, away at AC Milan, midweek before they play us. They've invested well but still have a small squad and a league cup game against Manchester City the midweek after they come to the Lane. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possiblity that we pick up a point - DRAW
West Ham (a)
have started really well and we've got a horrible record away against them, both at the Taxpayer's bowl and the Boleyn, with one win in the our last 10 visits dating back to 1975 (D4, L5). They play the percentages, they're solid and their players are better than ours. LOSS

Fulham (a)
nobody has given up more chances than Fulham (xGA of 12 over their four opening games) but their opening games have included trips to Arsenal and Manchester City. Taken apart by Brentford and perhaps fortunate to win at Everton on the opening day, I think we may frustrate them and nick a win but I'll go with a DRAW
Man Utd (h)
on paper, Newton Heath should have far too much for us but their infighting is spectacular and they're mentally soft. Big crowd, hostile atmosphere, Oli McBurnie...a surprise WIN
Arsenal (a)
if the team on the pitch doesn't get the home side a win then the officials will. LOSS

Wolves (h)
this will be a battle of two low-scoring sides. Put your weekly wage on under 2.5 goals; I'd go 1-1. DRAW
Brighton (a)
they'll be playing away at Ajax on the Thursday (our game will move to Sunday) but they'll still be far too good for us. LOSS
Bournemouth (h)
they've made some canny signings but the whole football club remains a bit pointless. They'll never challenge for a cup (they've never gone past a quarter final) and their aim is to become the new Crystal Palace. A game we should be targeting for a statement WIN

I make that two wins, three draws and four defeats for 9 points.

Back
Top Bottom