How many points by the end of November?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BalticBlade

Reaction score
I've been looking at our run of games after the international break and it's much tougher than I'd originally appreciated.

Looking at the nine fixtures between now and the end of November I can only see us realistically getting 6-8 points from them, meaning we'd go into December on 7-9 points from 13 games.

This comes with the caveat that I'm one of the more pessimistic Blades fans, but I'm interested to know where others think we'll be after this next run of games?

I've been looking at our run of games after the international break and it's much tougher than I'd originally appreciated.

Looking at the nine fixtures between now and the end of November I can only see us realistically getting 6-8 points from them, meaning we'd go into December on 7-9 points from 13 games.

This comes with the caveat that I'm one of the more pessimistic Blades fans, but I'm interested to know where others think we'll be after this next run of games?
With your ITK knowledge I'll trust your prediction BB 👍🤣

Points can come from unexpected places. We picked up three at Old Trafford last time we were here.
I think the better argument instead of fretting over an exact amount and where they are coming from is under or over double figures by end of Nov.
I think we will be.

Points can come from unexpected places. We picked up three at Old Trafford last time we were here.
I think the better argument instead of fretting over an exact amount and where they are coming from is under or over double figures by end of Nov.
I think we will be.
That is very true.

We was one of the worst PL sides ever but still won at Old Trafford! Bryan and Burke also scored that game.

Jesus did that really happen?

On paper I struggle to see us picking up anymore than 6 points up but with football you never know

9 points at the end of November would be OK based on those fixtures.
As long as we keep improving and don't get phased by the fact we will be in the bottom 3.
0.8 points per game by the end of the year would be OK, then step it up from New Year.

9 points from this lot, so 10 in total.

Tottenham (a) - L
Newcastle (h) - D
West Ham (a) - L

Fulham (a) - D
Man Utd (h) - W
Arsenal (a) - L

Wolves (h) - W
Brighton (a) - L
Bournemouth (h) - D

Statistically, we've the league's form goalkeeper in Wes, a defence that held City at bay for most of thata game, a midfield that is immeasureably improved by recent signings. 3 of our 4 games we played with mostly our 2nd team. 2 of those 4 games we were arguably the better team. So should get a lot more points then expected.
The issue remains our squad depth, so when the Shirecliffe sniper gets to work or the corrupt referees/VaR get the teeth into the red card lottery, we'll struggle. As such a couple more free agents would not go amiss.

Statistically, we've the league's form goalkeeper in Wes, a defence that held City at bay for most of thata game, a midfield that is immeasureably improved by recent signings. 3 of our 4 games we played with mostly our 2nd team. 2 of those 4 games we were arguably the better team. So should get a lot more points then expected.
The issue remains our squad depth, so when the Shirecliffe sniper gets to work or the corrupt referees/VaR get the teeth into the red card lottery, we'll struggle. As such a couple more free agents would not go amiss.
After reading that my spirits have lifted, read it in the pub after a few and Europe here we come.

I'd be happy with 7-9 points

We lack cover for Anel/Egan , so a free agent CB would be welcome.
Let's see if we've used all 25 places when the list gets published

Asking the same question of the first four games would have probably been answered with 1-3 points v Palace; 1-3 points @ Forest, 0-1 point v City and 1-3 points v Everton. So, we should be on at least 3 points and we're already 2 points off that forecast.

After 13 games, effectively a third of the season, we'll need to be on 13 points minimum, or we'll be behind the pace for safety.

Any less than 11 and we'll already be playing catch-up.

Realistically, can we beat Wolves and Bournemouth at home and pick up another 4 to 6 points against the rest?

Heart says possibly with another Hecky miracle; head and results so far say probably not.

So much depends on the spirit in that dressing room; and obviously I can't guage it at all. Losing to Lincoln can't have helped the wider squad spirit though :-(

All will come down to confidence. And the best boost to confidence is winning. Catch 42, over to you.

Before the start of the season I predicted 7 points from August and we have 1, that of course was with Ndiaye and Berge,

I’m now thinking the squad is strong enough to get the required points from here on to remain on survival form but maybe not pull back the lost points from August (hope I’m wrong)

I can see us on 12 by the end of November and also can see us not losing in November.

December is important with 6 pointers against Luton and Burnley if we can do that and get a point from Chelsea and Brentford, that’s staying up form.

Just keep thinking 20 points by the new year is optimistic but realistic, and not the cloud cuckoo land that is was just 3 weeks ago.

UTB 🏹 ⚽ 🥅 .

It definitely looks daunting based on results so far, but as others have said points can come from unexpected sources, and looking at our rivals fixtures in that time they also look tricky.

I’d be happy with 9, 10 in total.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Tottenham (a): Lose
Newcastle (h) : Lose
West Ham (a): Lose

Fulham (a): Draw
Man Utd (h): Draw
Arsenal (a) : Draw

Wolves (h): Draw
Brighton (a) : Lose
Bournemouth (h): Win

7 points

I am optimistic but can’t see more than 5. Making 6 in total with the one that we have.

I asked a similar question on our Blades WhatsApp group this morning, when will we get our first win? Spurs, said one happy clapper.😂
I'm not convinced, although I'm definitely Happy Clapper number one., but also a realist.

You can never guess really.

But to be realistic, we are entering a phase of games that make wins potentially trickier.

Our best opportunity for a win probably comes in November vs Wolves at home followed by Bournemouth at home.

We may find we can sneak a win in somewhere else or pick up some draws before hand.
Hecky's task is not only to get us performing better as there is still alot of room for improvement, especially in keeping possession and cutting out sloppy goals. But it's also to keep the heads high and mood up if our search for win goes on for a long while yet.

It's why this concept/planning of waiting till later in the window for players has a knock on. We start the season with who we have now in the squad and we probably pick up a win vs. Forest or Palace. And maybe even a draw meaning we would be on 5 points right now.

Apart from Arsenal away, and probably Spurs away, I fancy us to get something out of every game. Chances are we won't. But we're a lot better than I think anyone thought we would be a few weeks ago, an we'll only get better..

It definitely looks daunting based on results so far, but as others have said points can come from unexpected sources, and looking at our rivals fixtures in that time they also look tricky.

I’d be happy with 9, 10 in total.

Reality is we cant look at results so far as a barometer going forward, as we wont have the players from results so far going forward

Palace game - moving forward
Lowe - Thomas
Basham - Souza
Osborn - Hamer
Norwood - McAtee
Osula - McB
Traore - Archer

The upgrade on these is unreal, what we have moving forward is pace, energy, and a serious/proven goal threat

Had we not been able to make these changes, I would have said go down fighting

With these changes, is it unrealistic to say we cant finish above Luton, Burnley, Wolves, Bournemouth & Everton, ending in a respectful 15th?

Tottenham (a) Loss
Newcastle (h) Loss
West Ham (a) Loss

Fulham (a) Draw
Man Utd (h) Loss
Arsenal (a) Loss

Wolves (h) Win
Brighton (a) Loss
Bournemouth (h) Win

7 points.

Back
Top Bottom