How do you pick a team vs Burnley…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Champagneblade

Reaction score
…with 7 (SEVEN as they used rondo on the Vidiprinter)

I hope to God Robbo is back so we can at least wang the ball into their box a bit which saw them shit their pants last season.

If not then even with Wilder’s slavish attraction to 3-5-2 then he’s going to have to make a leap of faith somewhere.

Logical approach is to just accept you can’t do five and just have a go:

Teflon Grbic
Holgate Anel Trusty Larouci
Hamer Arblaster Osborn
BBD McBurnie Archer

Alternatively you’re looking at:

Invisible Ivo
Holgate Anel Trusty
Curtis Hamer Arblaster Osborn Larouci
Brereton-Diaz McBurnie

Who knows? Maybe the young lad takes to it like Arblaster has?

We really could do with beating these fuckers for some slight redemption.
It irks McBurnie got sent off. That’s twice they’ve had the fortune of 10 men to play against for more than half the match.

Love it if they got a red early on too.

* meant to say SEVEN defenders above but I guess everyone got that!

We could do with Robbo as they struggled with his long throws.

I hope to God Robbo is back so we can at least wang the ball into their box a bit which saw them shit their pants last season.

If not then even with Wilder’s slavish attraction to 3-5-2 then he’s going to have to make a leap of faith somewhere.

Teflon Grbic
Hamer Arblaster Osborn
BBD McBurnie Archer

Invisible Ivo
Holgate Anel Trusty
Brereton-Diaz McBurnie

We have played a few games with a back 4 since Wilder come back. So your leap of faith comment seems a little off.

If Robbo was touch and go maybe he comes back in.

If not, it’s a back 4 and unfortunately for us that means we will get destroyed by Burnley.

I feel we would need Osborn in the midfield as they’ll have a majority of the ball with Cullen and Berge.

I cant bring myself to ever consciously choose Garbage to play in goal, so......

Wes
Curtis-Holgate-Anel-Trusty-Osborn
Brooks-Arblaster-Hamer
Mcburnie-BBD.

Not what I'd pick but I think it'll be

Grbic
Osborn Holgate Anel Trusty Larouci
Arblaster Souza Hamer
BBD
McBurnie

Teflon Grbic
Hamer Arblaster Osborn
BBD McBurnie Archer

Invisible Ivo
Holgate Anel Trusty
Brereton-Diaz McBurnie

When people have a pop at Wilder (and Hecky) just look at the state of those two teams that he has to pick from.

People with football knowledge not database knowledge need to take over our recruitment again asap

Teflon Grbic
Hamer Arblaster Osborn
BBD McBurnie Archer

Invisible Ivo
Holgate Anel Trusty
Brereton-Diaz McBurnie

You start with axing Grbic

It would be a refreshing change if our personnel and tactical set up was such that we could at least try to retain possession with a bit more consistency.

Our biggest failing bar none this season.

UTB
Loads of teams cede possession in the prem, the billion goals conceded and the worst defensive unit in the history of the league has been the main problem tbh.

2nd would be the squad of players made of straw before even thinking about keeping the ball in this league.

Loads of teams cede possession in the prem, the billion goals conceded and the worst defensive unit in the history of the league has been the main problem tbh.

2nd would be the squad of players made of straw before even thinking about keeping the ball in this league.
When the ball never sticks at the top of the pitch, it puts an inordinate amount of pressure on the defensive unit.

It’s starts there I’m afraid. I don’t doubt we have been tactically naive but punting long hopefull balls doesn’t even work any more in divisions lower than ours. Our possession turnover will comfortably be the worst in the PL. You get punished for this at this level.

Our lack of pace (outside of Osula and Archer) who have both been under utilised in that regard (accepting Will is raw and Archer has been injured) hasn’t even allowed us to use the channels as an out ball to relieve the relentless pressure the defence has been under.

Again, it starts at the top of the pitch.

It needs addressing this summer !!!

UTB

When the ball never sticks at the top of the pitch, it puts an inordinate amount of pressure on the defensive unit.

It’s starts there I’m afraid. I don’t doubt we have been tactically naive but punting long hopefull balls doesn’t even work any more in divisions lower than ours. Our possession turnover will comfortably be the worst in the PL. You get punished for this at this level.

Our lack of pace (outside of Osula and Archer) who have both been under utilised in that regard (accepting Will is raw and Archer has been injured) hasn’t even allowed us to use the channels as an out ball to relieve the relentless pressure the defence has been under.

UTB
It plays it’s part, but I’ve seen the goals and the lack of basic defensive instincts from the likes of anel, Souza, and trusty has been horrific. Not to mention the pathetic goals conceded from set pieces

UTB
No combination of forward players on our books are retaining possession this season when the ball that comes forward to them is either a clearance or a punt and the midfield is then far too deep to provide any kind of support.

Most of our problems this season come from simply not being up to the required standard for the league we’re playing in throughout the team.

To single out the forwards smacks of an agenda.

You know I’ve been a critic of your mate Oli for a while, but he’s been one of our better performers this season, that’s how bad we’ve been.

No combination of forward players on our books are retaining possession this season when the ball that comes forward to them is either a clearance or a punt and the midfield is then far too deep to provide any kind of support.

Most of our problems this season come from simply not being up to the required standard for the league we’re playing in throughout the team.

You know I’ve been a critic of your mate Oli for a while, but he’s been one of our better performers this season, that’s how bad we’ve been.

What's that scene from Mike Bassett when he puts a player on and said "I don't know you just do what you want"

Should be Wilders next team selection\game plan

Clearly have not singled the forwards out.

Clearly have made reference to the tactical ineptitude of servicing the forward line and the ineffectiveness of this !

UTB

Clearly have not singled the forwards out.

Clearly have made reference to the tactical ineptitude of servicing the forward line and the ineffectiveness of this !

UTB
Apologies, I read “The ball not sticking at the top of the pitch” and that says to me that the forwards are failing. They clearly aren’t in our team this season. I’d actually say that pretty much every other position on the pitch needs swapping before our forwards.

I expect something like that and we will get fucked.
I think it’s more about the tactics, if we setup in a low block and let them have the ball we proved last season and this that we’ll concede goals because they have better creative players than us.

Will be nice if we can keep 11 on the pitch and not go backs against the wall. I have no confidence that we’ll get it right tactically but I’m hoping for a surprise.

I think it’s more about the tactics, if we setup in a low block and let them have the ball we proved last season and this that we’ll concede goals because they have better creative players than us.

Will be nice if we can keep 11 on the pitch and not go backs against the wall. I have no confidence that we’ll get it right tactically but I’m hoping for a surprise.

Be nice if anyone can survive the match.

Back
Top Bottom