How do football bans work,anyone been banned before?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ok go back even further, to the 1500-1600's, when the first form of footy was played in England. Just a mass kick about, with large crowds, mass fights, a few headings, fatal stabbings on the game pitch, being hung drawn and quartered wasn't unknown during the so called game and afterwards. Sword duels in the mass of spectators.

Ok go back even further, to the 1500-1600's, when the first form of footy was played in England. Just a mass kick about, with large crowds, mass fights, a few headings, fatal stabbings on the game pitch, being hung drawn and quartered wasn't unknown during the so called game and afterwards. Sword duels in the mass of spectators.
Then in the 1800's all the fans started smoking opium and the old ways went out the window.

Males have been fighting since testosterone was first invented. It’s a natural instinct for some and a defence mechanism for others. Fight or flight I’m sure you’re familiar with. If you call THAT Toxic Masculinity then you’ve fallen for the new age pop-psych bullshit which says that any boy has fallen victim to TM if they show any signs of fighting or wanting to show toughness. Bollocks to that! Why do you think boxing gyms are full to the brim? Because boys want to let off steam and fighting on a Saturday has largely become a thing of the past or, not as organised as it used to be due to drugs, every fucker having a smart camera and CCTV.
Fight or flight is certainly a large part of it. In the end it all boils down to scared little boys who don’t grow up properly. Fear tends to be the root of most, if not all, bad stuff.

Males have also been raping and murdering forever. Just because something is a “natural instinct” doesn’t mean it’s acceptable in society.

I’m actually fine with it as long as the backwards element keep it amongst themselves. It’s when innocents get affected that I think the flamethrowers should be brought out.

Fight or flight is certainly a large part of it. In the end it all boils down to scared little boys who don’t grow up properly. Fear tends to be the root of most, if not all, bad stuff.

Males have also been raping and murdering forever. Just because something is a “natural instinct” doesn’t mean it’s acceptable in society.

I’m actually fine with it as long as the backwards element keep it amongst themselves. It’s when innocents get affected that I think the flamethrowers should be brought out.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with young lads and even adults wanting to fight - we fawn over boxing, UFC, martial arts and the like. It’s a let off steam scenario which also de-stresses. Football fighting is obviously against the law so it’s frowned upon generally (putting it mildly). I don’t agree with it being solely down to not growing up or that fear plays a big part, obviously in some cases it does, but you probably know (and I know), that some of the people that used to take part in it had well respected jobs/careers and outside of football you wouldn’t even know they were involved in it.

As long as males exist, there will always be fighting. Channeled correctly it’s brilliant but sadly, those opportunities don’t exist to all so football scraps is where it happens.

This! I don't get why "cokeheads" make football violence today in some way worse than it used to be.

To Johnny-average-fan...do you really differentiate between 2 opposing crowds of morons...the ones that are on coke are somehow "worse" than the ones that haven't had a sniff? Seems very strange to me.
As Carlton Blade says this code of honour nonsense is just that - nonsense.

I was going to football as a teenager in the early 80s and saw a few of these characters in action.

The ones I was around were generally nasty people. This whole "I never went looking for it" mantra is a deception from my experience. Trouble could brew for these types based on anything from a full assault on the pub they were in, to 5 away supporters accidently walking past the pub. This would depend on their mood, the result, how much beer they'd consumed. Both events are reimagined as an attempt to "take" their pub over the subsequent days.

In the absence of the away fans they were open to start on each other. A wrong word, a wrong look is all it took.

We've seen how easy it is to take offence at nothing in this thread. Add some booze, a shit day and a lack of "action" and that's a fight in seconds, or an unprovoked beating.

Dangerous people to spend too much time with in my experience/opinion.

As long as males exist, there will always be fighting.
I agree. But the basic urge is very deeply rooted in fear of one thing or another. Not always an unhealthy thing, but that’s where it comes from. The fears are usually unconscious. Most fears are about either losing what you already have or not getting what you think you should have.

Unless we’re talking about someone who enjoys inflicting violence on others for the sake of it. That’s all about mental ill health.

You can't generalise like that.

It's like saying all black people are twats.
Or all women are slags.

I know a few current police officers and many ex-policemen. One of which is very close family and had to have months and months of counselling due to the trauma he witnessed at Hillsborough in 1989. Watching people die infront of his eyes and unable to really help.
Same guy broke down in tears whilst trying to deliver the news to the parents of a young girl raped and murdered in Rotherham.

All sneaky bastards though, that just wanna touch women up. 🙄
Didn't expect a reply to this. Doesn't suit the narrative.

As Carlton Blade says this code of honour nonsense is just that - nonsense.

I was going to football as a teenager in the early 80s and saw a few of these characters in action.

The ones I was around were generally nasty people. This whole "I never went looking for it" mantra is a deception from my experience. Trouble could brew for these types based on anything from a full assault on the pub they were in, to 5 away supporters accidently walking past the pub. This would depend on their mood, the result, how much beer they'd consumed. Both events are reimagined as an attempt to "take" their pub over the subsequent days.

In the absence of the away fans they were open to start on each other. A wrong word, a wrong look is all it took.

We've seen how easy it is to take offence at nothing in this thread. Add some booze, a shit day and a lack of "action" and that's a fight in seconds, or an unprovoked beating.

Dangerous people to spend too much time with in my experience/opinion.
Burns Night on BBC Scotland at 8pm is about to start. My wife has a fine malt waiting for the wahey!

blade67 that chimes with all my memories

Blades played at Exeter a Friday night in a pre season friendly on my birthday . About 50 of us loyal blades went there.
Following day we all woke up in Exeter with hangovers..we heard under 21s were playing at aldershot so we all piled there.
We were blades mad and collectors etc .
Aldershot came out looking for trouble , should have said fair play old chaps we surrender???
Fuk that, we came for the football but if you want to weight loyal fans then go for it.

Blades played at Exeter a Friday night in a pre season friendly on my birthday . About 50 of us loyal blades went there.
Following day we all woke up in Exeter with hangovers..we heard under 21s were playing at aldershot so we all piled there.
We were blades mad and collectors etc .
Aldershot came out looking for trouble , should have said fair play old chaps we surrender???
Fuk that, we came for the football but if you want to weight loyal fans then go for it.
Top man.

It reminds Bert of the time him and the members of his Gentleman's Club went on an outing in their Jags.

Walking down the street, suddenly a mob from a rival Gentleman's Club burst outside chucking bottles of malt whisky and Latour '82

Bert went toe to toe with their top boy and saw them off.

Happy days.

Talking of banning orders and the police.. On Sunday Kaz who runs coaches (no alcohol allowed) was saying someone on his coach at Chelsea away is looking at a banning order.

A guy in his mid 60s was chanting "Chelsea rent boys" (stupid and silly but not uncommon) when the coach arrived and the police came onto the bus and arrested him for 24 hours. His 11 year old grandson day was ruined from both sides and had to travel back home on the coach without his Grandad.

Now SUFC are looking at a banning order. So forget fighting, you can get big punishments for chanting. (Which most football fans do)
We were going to Oldham away during miners strike , when we started seeing coppers we started singing victory to miners etc etc , coppers stopped coach and threatened every fucker , there words not mine with getting nicked , that was without scrapping with anybody FFS

Back
Top Bottom