How bad is Slimane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reading between the lines (and possibly doing 2+2=5), I get the impression Slimane, Traore, Larouci and Souza were UW signings and he's not pleased with any of them.

He was certainly hinting at being unimpressed with their attitude / impact and said that he wanted to keep the side together from last season. Could be wrong.

Crazy how bad they all are though.
Miles off it and I don't think any of them would even be an asset next season either.

I'm sure there were a few who suggested Slimane would be better than Berge based on being a Tunisian international and having played at the World Cup. Laughable really.
Have we seen enough of them to really make a judgement though? Probably, what? 200-300 minutes between them aside from Souza and Hamer? Maybe they are miles off it, but the so-called trusted senior pros have overseen probably 3 of the worst performances I’ve ever seen, and a disgraceful 14 games. Norwood is captain and probably hasn’t registered above a 3/10 all season. Luke Thomas found a magical lamp and wished to be a professional footballer, but forgot to ask the genie for any ability. And Fleck, who has played about 6 matches in 18 months and has legs of wet toilet roll was selected for his “physicality”.

Hamer is being played out of position and asked to be everything he’s clearly not good at. Even Souza, who’s been far from impressive is playing next to Norwood and I’m pretty sure he’s doing what his stats suggested he would when we bought him. Trusty wasn’t trusted with 1 second of football before Evan’s injury, now he’s pretty much first name on the team sheet.

Hecky has barely got any decision correct this year, so I’m sceptical of his viewpoint that none of the new players are good enough.

Hecky has demonstarted that he has no idea what makes a functioning team or a functioning midfield. It's not a new thing this season either.
This is the manager who kept picking Norwood last season when he had Doyle and McAtee and almost blew promotion on that issue.
This season there hasnt been more than 20 minutes of one game when we have controlled or even competed in that area.
And yet Norwood seems to be the first name on the team sheet.
Hecky is clueless. Slimane is probably decent but Hecky hasnt got the balls to pick an attacking midfielder or drop Norwood.
Almost blew promotion 😂 91 points and 11 clear of 3rd

Why was Traore always ahead of Slimane under hecky, he certainly took his chance, and took the eye today, 2 shots on target with another that he could've done better with, but playing in the 10 role suits him, and his link up play with archer was also very good

thought he looked a very good footballer plsying in a slightly unorthodox role he certainly looks a threat in the final third
and was unlucky not to score
Alumnae looked pretty decent in preseason, and was a goal threat. but then lost all confidence after he dropped out of team (can't remember if he got injured?)

Brooks, slimane, Souza, Anel, gamer, osula = Manager playing them in roles that complement their strengths. Well done wilder and Co

Also Archer needs adding to that list.

Admit he looked decent on his debut but gradually become worse and worse,
looking totally lost, very isolated and almost looked depressed playing for us.

In the space of a few days under Wilder, he looked a totally different player.
Very involved, running into space. hungry, eager to impress and always looking dangerous, he'll score sooner or later.

We do have a player there and another one we can add to the 'cant figure out his name list'

Silimane I heard all this bloody afternoon. I'm used to Ahmedzodsauge but I thought Slimane was fairly easy.

Especially the young players and the new ones, some of whom haven't had a go in a functional team yet. Let's see what Larouci, Traore, Seriki, Jebbo, etc can do if they get a chance.
Class seeing Brooks come in and do so well, Peck getting minutes at the end today, Osula with back to back starts, Arblaster doing great at Port Vale, looks promising from the youth point of view.

To answer the OP, turns out he’s pretty decent 😀

Haha so not shit then as we’ve been led to believe.

How has he been stuck on the bench all season?

Good attitude but a bit raw. His shot at near post - just needs to roll if across goal for Archer and it’s two. But loved his spirit.
Absolutely threw his foot at the ball lol. Not going to lie right now it's funny but I'd be so fucked off if Brentford had equalised when he had plenty of other options.

Haha so not shit then as we’ve been led to believe.

How has he been stuck on the bench all season?

Think it's because Norwood has been the mainstay of the midfield....our main player who can never be dropped.
Hecky realised Norwod lacks mobility and presence so needed an enforcer to protect Norwood,
so he's gone for the best enforcer at the club Vini Souza.

Think Slimane is more of a technical player, control and short passing.....but not an enforcer.

I wouldn’t trust Hecky’s judgement on any player to be honest. Doubt Slimane could be any worse than any other midfielder who has pulled on the jersey in the last few months. Why not at least try him? And then we would know.
I was right then. With Hecky showing no interest in picking Brooks, Slimane etc he really dug his own grave. Bit annoying that and he has effectively wasted the first half of the season arsing about with Norwood, Osborn and the back 7

There's clearly room for improvement with Slimani, but he's barely had a kick and he's young. The showing today makes it all the more confusing as to how Fleck started last week.

Looked decent, but wasted the two good chances he had in the box. That the unproven Brooks started ahead of him tells us where he's at.

How the f*** did this bloke not get the nod in front of Fleck?

Nothing against Hecky but that decision alone seems a bit insane.

Thought he played well- midfield had mobility and running throughout- Wolves match we were a bit flukey but today was a thoroughly deserved win.

Nailbiting at the end for sure - to get 3 points was so sweet.

Played well when he came on today .. fitted in well alongside Hamer & Souza . I think he’ll be playing his part for now going forward ⚔️

Back
Top Bottom