How bad is Slimane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nowt wrong with Slimane. Obviously had too much flair and attacking intent for Heckmeister the terrible.

When he came on we had 2 grown up looking blokes on in midfield instead of the cast from ‘The Hobbit’.

Optically it looked much different than when little runaround Ben or Tubby John has to come on.

When he came on we had 2 grown up looking blokes on in midfield instead of the cast from ‘The Hobbit’.

Optically it looked much different than when little runaround Ben or Tubby John has to come on.
If we are going to insult club legends, can we at least wait until Slimane does something half decent?

Ozzy is alright as a sub.

Fleck should have gone years ago and it's sad to watch him play these days considering what he has done for us in the past.

Good signing this lad. Got something special in him, just need to get it out of him. Absolute madness that our previous manager (who was useless in my opinion) didn't give him more of a chance.

Good shot from range was on target, the 1 archer squared to him was on target but at the keeper. The last shot was wild but he made if happen. He’s not affraid to take a shot which is a good quality.
Agreed. I would rather players shoot than pass back, but we cannot miss so many chances against better teams.

Have a like from me sir.

Runaround Ben

Tubby John

😂😂😂

You should do ones for the whole squad

Looks like he has something doesn't he. Said in Shoutbox that he looks another player who's comfortable on the ball in the final third and we need more of those. Might not be the quickest but if we can allow him the freedom to play without tons of defensive responsibility then we can make more use of him.

He's certainly got a lovely touch and the ball has a habit of sticking to his feet. Hopefully we can nurture this and get him playing up the pitch. He can be an asset for us.

Agreed. I would rather players shoot than pass back, but we cannot miss so many chances against better teams.
Hopefully that will come. The fact he got into those positions and had little fear is really great. 2/3 on target so it’s really encouraging.

Incredible that he played so few minutes under Hecky. He contributed more in 20 minutes than Norwood, Fleck and Osborn have all season. Seriously makes you question Hecky's judgement.

How has he still not been given a proper chance??

Edit now on the 80th minute, but 10 minutes?? He's been with us since pre season!

If he and Brooks were starting in the same team who’d play where? Slimane not been trusted to play CM by either manager but seems better suited to it than Brooks who might find it more comfortable out wide.

Slimane would have been a better option than Norwood yesterday. Norwood played most of the second half I think.

Maybe not an eye catching performance but he did his job tonight and worked hard and not much came down the Villa left. Looked very comfortable when on the ball and it was a shame that he was taken off just as we started to actually want the ball and keep it. Will be good to see him again against Luton where we will push on

Maybe not an eye catching performance but he did his job tonight and worked hard and not much came down the Villa left. Looked very comfortable when on the ball and it was a shame that he was taken off just as we started to actually want the ball and keep it. Will be good to see him again against Luton where we will push on
Comfortable on the ball? I want him to succeed and thought he deserved a start but he wasn’t very good on the ball at all tonight, gave us very little going forward.

Was part of a solid structure though which was the most important part of his job tonight

Don't think he was good on the ball, but he was impressive in all the things I assumed he lacked: hard work, pressing, defensive structure.

We barely had any play with the ball so don't think that will count against him. Was time for him to go off at that point and Mcatee created the goal. All positive stuff.

Wilder seems to have improved him.

Much better coming off the bench though!

I must admit that watching on a small screen I didn’t even notice him until he got given offside about 20 mins in. I was half working/half watching though so wasn’t the most attentive Blade first half.

Back
Top Bottom