How bad is Slimane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ekke287

Arrives precisely when he means to.
Reaction score
Seriously, can’t get a start ahead of Fleck or Souza, or even Norwood?

I don’t think we’ve seen enough to make much of a decision tbh but these starters are way off the level needed.

Traore I kind of get it, let’s blood him with the youth to get up to speed, but if we have a fully fit midfielder looking to impress (as Hecky has already said) then why isn’t he (Slimane) getting game time?

This season is done, surely now there’s no harm in trying these long term signings to figure out a better shape?

Maybe I’m just ranting, it just seems something is off when he can’t get a game over Fleck (same for Ozzy tbf).

Slimane is only 22? but has 30 caps for a decent African side (including playing in a World Cup). He can't be completely shit.
At least give him a little run in the side - can't see how he can be worse than what we're putting out there at the moment.

I don’t think we’ve seen enough to make much of a decision tbh but these starters are way off the level needed.

Traore I kind of get it, let’s blood him with the youth to get up to speed, but if we have a fully fit midfielder looking to impress (as Hecky has already said) then why isn’t he (Slimane) getting game time?

This season is done, surely now there’s no harm in trying these long term signings to figure out a better shape?

Maybe I’m just ranting, it just seems something is off when he can’t get a game over Fleck (same for Ozzy tbf).
Let's be honest, if Hecky thinks he's not good enough to play, and puts Traore on before, he must be absolutely dog shit, probably not played football with a round ball before!?

He may not be working in training.
He may not be a player Hecky wanted.

I find it hard to believe we have good players that aren’t getting games for no reason.

He may not be working in training.
He may not be a player Hecky wanted.

I find it hard to believe we have good players that aren’t getting games for no reason.
Depends what the manager values I suppose. At the moment I would think anyone capable of putting their shirt on the right way round would be a midfield upgrade…

Maybe they play games in training to see who starts and Norwood always has the most points? Maybe Hecky is trying to make a point playing Norwood? Maybe Hecky and Norwood share an affinity as they both own a Pointer dog? Or maybe they both like the Pointer sisters? Maybe Hecky sees no point in playing Slimane but plenty of points playing Norwood? And yep, I agree there is no point to my post 🤣

I've said it in numerous threads but it's even more obvious now that we need to concentrate on the lads who will be here next season. Norwood, Fleck et al will be released as we won't pay the wages they will demand and they aren't good enough for the championship never mind the PL if a miracle happens.

I'd be looking at Souza, Slimane, Brooks, Arblaster as soon as we can and get them prepared for next season. Same applies to Osula, Traore etc.

If the old crop were holding their own then fair enough but we are getting embarrassed week after week so what is there to lose ?

Maybe they play games in training to see who starts and Norwood always has the most points? Maybe Hecky is trying to make a point playing Norwood? Maybe Hecky and Norwood share an affinity as they both own a Pointer dog? Or maybe they both like the Pointer sisters? Maybe Hecky sees no point in playing Slimane but plenty of points playing Norwood? And yep, I agree there is no point to my post 🤣
Can I just point out..oh bugger

Hecky also thought starting Fleck was a good idea. I’m not sure his judgement is to be trusted right now
It's not been great all season, unfortunately, hes been subuteo players to challenge real players, and he's now got nothing to turn to, no players that can change anything, no tactics, no confidence and we have no hope!, however he still has a job is totally beyond me personally!?

It's not been great all season, unfortunately, hes been subuteo players to challenge real players, and he's now got nothing to turn to, no players that can change anything, no tactics, no confidence and we have no hope!, however he still has a job is totally beyond me personally!?
I say go full Megson hoof. Select all of our >6 footers and play the type of football that would make even Pulis change channels. Pay no regard to a player’s previous role, just find 11 players that are massive and smash it reyt fucking long and reyt fucking hard.

I say go full Megson hoof. Select all of our >6 footers and play the type of football that would make even Pulis change channels. Pay no regard to a player’s previous role, just find 11 players that are massive and smash it reyt fucking long and reyt fucking hard.
Ben Osborn and McAtee up top it is then

Hecky has demonstarted that he has no idea what makes a functioning team or a functioning midfield. It's not a new thing this season either.
This is the manager who kept picking Norwood last season when he had Doyle and McAtee and almost blew promotion on that issue.
This season there hasnt been more than 20 minutes of one game when we have controlled or even competed in that area.
And yet Norwood seems to be the first name on the team sheet.
Hecky is clueless. Slimane is probably decent but Hecky hasnt got the balls to pick an attacking midfielder or drop Norwood.

Hecky has demonstarted that he has no idea what makes a functioning team or a functioning midfield. It's not a new thing this season either.
This is the manager who kept picking Norwood last season when he had Doyle and McAtee and almost blew promotion on that issue.
This season there hasnt been more than 20 minutes of one game when we have controlled or even competed in that area.
And yet Norwood seems to be the first name on the team sheet.
Hecky is clueless. Slimane is probably decent but Hecky hasnt got the balls to pick an attacking midfielder or drop Norwood.
Maybe he accidentally photocopied a blank team sheet with only Norwood written in biro on it and he needs to use them up to save paper?

Only issue with that, is, we would need to play all 3 keepers, and even with all 3 on the pitch, we would still get hammered by the scousers.

Only issue with that, is, we would need to play all 3 keepers, and even with all 3 on the pitch, we would still get hammered by the scousers.
🤔 at this point, my standards are in the toilet. Play Wes at 10 and Souza in net

Hecky did the same with McAtee and Doyle - if you remember at one point Fleck and Norwood were picked ahead of them both last season (then went on a losing streak) UNTIL.. He finally replaced them with Doyle and McAtee!

No sentiments for favourites, but there again Hecky has no game plan, tactic, making changes early if something isn't working etc etc..

INFACT: Think about the no grit, fight, determination - during recruitment Hecky was placing a BIG emphasis on 'Character' during recruitment.. The new players bought in are Hecky's players! I question the character - no grit, no leadership, no bite, quiet, do as you're told? sigh..

Can you imagine playing players who aren’t good enough ?

Can’t take that sort of risk

We would get hammered

Reading between the lines (and possibly doing 2+2=5), I get the impression Slimane, Traore, Larouci and Souza were UW signings and he's not pleased with any of them.

He was certainly hinting at being unimpressed with their attitude / impact and said that he wanted to keep the side together from last season. Could be wrong.

Crazy how bad they all are though.
Miles off it and I don't think any of them would even be an asset next season either.

I'm sure there were a few who suggested Slimane would be better than Berge based on being a Tunisian international and having played at the World Cup. Laughable really.

I wouldn’t trust Hecky’s judgement on any player to be honest. Doubt Slimane could be any worse than any other midfielder who has pulled on the jersey in the last few months. Why not at least try him? And then we would know.
Exactly didn't paly Trusty till he had to? BCFC player of the year last season? Signed for 5m but couldn't get near the starting 11 till Egan got injured!

Reading between the lines (and possibly doing 2+2=5), I get the impression Slimane, Traore, Larouci and Souza were UW signings and he's not pleased with any of them.

He was certainly hinting at being unimpressed with their attitude / impact and said that he wanted to keep the side together from last season. Could be wrong.

Crazy how bad they all are though.
Miles off it and I don't think any of them would even be an asset next season either.

I'm sure there were a few who suggested Slimane would be better than Berge based on being a Tunisian international and having played at the World Cup. Laughable really.
Agree. I don’t think any of these are Heckys signings. In my view the board wanted control of transfer dealings

At this moment in time that sounds like a plan!

It obviously comes from training in who runs the hardest and who works the hardest off the ball.

Rather than let players quality shine and let them play with some attacking flair and freedom, he's over running them and over coaching them on how to be off the ball.

The players aren't enjoying it and working too hard to try and stay in Heckys shape and be like robots rather than play to their strengths and abilities.

Back
Top Bottom