Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jesus Christ. The lad’s made a really bad mistake,he’s not done it on purpose has he?? He’s the best out of the 3 keepers we have,better than Moore (who I dont thinks that bad BTW) & we’ve not seen Verrips so far. He’s held his hands up & admitted it,we have to move on. I dont get all the hatred for him.
I’m sure he will play for England in the near future. The fact it now looks like Man Utd will be selling him at the end of the season is a good thing for us.
What pissed me off more was that miss of Clarke’s at the end,when he shits himself about colliding with their keeper & hoofs it into the kop. If that falls to McBurnie or Mousset its a goal. So if you lot want to criticise overrated shite players look no further than Leon Clarke. How the fuck he now has a Premier League appearance to his name is beyond me.

Why can’t we just accept that Hendo is a good young keeper who will play at a good standard but will make mistakes. Why do some seem to think he is England First Team Quality? He is clearly not.
In the pecking order Ramsdale is head and shoulders in front of Hendo.

Similar to the McBurrnie situation. He will play at a good standard but he is no more than a good hard working centre forward. No more than that. He will score a few goals, but not a bucket load.

goalkeepers are judged by their mistakes at the highest level which at present Hendo makes a lot of.

I accept that players will make mistakes over a season, but it's the rate that the mistakes are occurring with Henderson that bothers me.

Last season he proved himself to be a very good Championship goalkeeper, but he was always going to be out on trial as to whether he was going to be good enough for the top flight. Wilder seemed to think so and patiently waited all summer for him, and Boothroyd rated him enough to name him as his starting keeper in the England under 21 side for the Euros.

Henderson dropped a bollock against Romania at 2-2 which led to them losing 4-2 in that tournament.

Against Chelsea this season he dropped another bollock, however the team fought back magnificently to get a result that no one would have predicted at half time, so arguably he didn't cost us points as I don't think anyone predicted us coming back to draw the way we did.

Now against Liverpool he's dropped yet another bollock costing us a hard earned and deserved point.

Henderson has been given the chance to prove himself at a higher level at both under 21 international level and in the top flight. In his last nine competitive matches (under 21 and Premier League), he has made three absolute howlers through his own fault.

I'm not writing him off but I am very, very concerned as you'd expect a goalkeeper to drop a clanger maybe twice a season. One mistake every three competitive games, that is very worrying.

If Wilder puts it down to him being young and still learning then he has to accept some blame when they occur as he picks him.

I'm not saying Henderson is not good enough, far from that, he's still a work in progress, but one more blunder in the next five games and Wilder will have no choice but to drop him.

For who? Moore who definitely isn't good enough, and Verrips who hasn't played in this country.

Get behind Henderson.

The standards some on here have are ridiculous, Hugo Lloris won the world cup a year ago and his howler was worse than Henderson, it's not like Wijnaldum's shot was a bobbly Mr Whippy soft as shit one, he connected well and unfortunately it squirmed through him.

If world cup winners and England number ones fuck it up every other week, we can let Dean off a few gaffes.

Let's face it, we had enough chances up the other end that 1 goal from them should still have got us a point at least.

Think some people just have a chip on their shoulder because he's on loan from Man U. He's our player right now though, and deserves as much respect as anyone else.

Ridiculous the amount of mistakes Fleck made yesterday that on another day would cost us, but say anything and everyone jumps on you.

For who? Moore who definitely isn't good enough, and Verrips who hasn't played in this country.

Get behind Henderson.

The standards some on here have are ridiculous, Hugo Lloris won the world cup a year ago and his howler was worse than Henderson, it's not like Wijnaldum's shot was a bobbly Mr Whippy soft as shit one, he connected well and unfortunately it squirmed through him.

If world cup winners and England number ones fuck it up every other week, we can let Dean off a few gaffes.

Let's face it, we had enough chances up the other end that 1 goal from them should still have got us a point at least.

Think some people just have a chip on their shoulder because he's on loan from Man U. He's our player right now though, and deserves as much respect as anyone else.

Ridiculous the amount of mistakes Fleck made yesterday that on another day would cost us, but say anything and everyone jumps on you.
Ignoring the errors he has made, I still believe if he was as good as some people imply, he would be higher in the pecking order at Man United and other clubs, besides the Blades, would have been interested in taking him on loan during the close season.

But he had put us in the position of being down in the first place.

Every time he’s under pressure I have a niggling fear he’s going to cost us.

He’s young and a good lad, but could top keepers do not make this many errors. I can’t think of another whose made this many so far this season. Alan Kelly never did.
I was never convinced that free-kick from Waddle at Wembley should have beaten him. But I was sitting at the side, and have never watched it back, as it's too painful. But I did think at the time that so early in the game Kelly's concentration was not right.

Ignoring the errors he has made, I still believe if he was as good as some people imply, he would be higher in the pecking order at Man United and other clubs, besides the Blades, would have been interested in taking him on loan during the close season.

They might have been, but it seems like we just got in first seeing as how it was being discussed before last season had ended, and he didn't want to go anywhere else.

Man U don't know their arse from their elbow so not having him higher up the pecking order is hardly an indication of his skill imo.

Buuuuuuullshit stop making excuses for him. Jordan Pickford was playing for England when 23yr old, Jack Butland played for England at 19yr old so why do we trot out the old excuse that goalkeepers don't peak till 30yr old. Henderson will have a very good career but he ain't going to be picked for England or Man utd any time soon.
Pickford and Butland both illustrate how goalkeeping form is for almost all keepers precarious. Pickford has looked very unsure in the last 12 months (including last week against us), and Butland has had a severe drop in form. De Gea is not the player he was. LLoris is brilliant, but then gives away terrible goals as he did yesterday. Hart went from being world-class to bench-warmer. For all sorts of reasons (modern footballs swerve, having to play with their feet, TV at every game) it is hard to think of a reliable keeper over, say, a 10-year period. I used to think Hodgy never made a mistake in his 15 or so years at the Lane; but on some of the old film that is put up on here from time to time, he doesn't look quite as good as looked in my mind's eye...

You said you’d prefer Verrips. You can dress it up all you like or highlight other parts. The point your making is that you prefer (whether it’s Moore or Hendo) an unknown keeper who you’ve never seen play. If your trying to say we haven’t adequate competition in your roundabout way then fair enough, I’d agree but we can’t address all issues in the first season back
To be fair, we have had a lot of players over the years who were absolutely brilliant, until they actually played a match...

Now that's another anomaly, Didsy doesn't score when through one on one and he's a crap striker.

Henderson, who is very good one on one makes a good save and he's a great keeper.

Why is it because he is a great keeper and not the opposition striker that is crap?
Mane is a crap striker, for sure... ;)

Sharp scores the Clarke chance yesterday, because he's a natural finisher

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. All players can improve with practise. Clarke should score regardless of whether he's natural at it or not.

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. All players can improve with practise. Clarke should score regardless of whether he's natural at it or not.

He was offside anyway so I'm glad he didn't.

I like the sentiment, but dislike the misuse of the word "legend". No he's not a legend for this club. Legends are players who ultimately are employed by this club - that's the first criteria. Secondly, they must make an outstanding contribution over a number of years. He's not either.

When you cheaply start calling young loan players "legends" you devalue the contribution of true legends like Shaw, Woodward, Currie, Edwards, Deane, Agana, Sharp. It's offensive actually, although no doubt you didn't mean it that way.

You were spot on with your last sentence though.

Henderson will be back at Man Utd at the end of this season - and probably loaned out somewhere else next season. We have to look after our own and I'm really hoping this guy Verrips, is as good as we've heard he is ("Best keeper in Belgium") because we need to have our own players wearing our own shirts ultimately.

Fair enough mate, I'm obviously not comparing him to the legends that you mention, but I think in a short space of time he has done very well.

Lloris made a clanger yesterday as well, De Gea made a load at the end of last season, it happens to even the best keepers.

I think we could do with keeping him for a while, but of course he needs to improve.

Wilder ain’t picking him up after that he’s not as sentimental as some on here,he either becomes the safe pair of hands we need or gets dropped.
The save from he mades from Salah was good but did not make up for the cock up from a routine save as the damage was already done.
Must do better.

If we would have stuck in some of our chances the Salah save could have given us 3 points. Its all ifs and buts. Football is a team game. Deano let in a sitter,
Clarke missed a sitter, Fleck and Robinson should have hit the target at least as well.

Speaking as a defender, it’s bound to happen occasionally. You make a mistake it’s a goal, a striker makes a mistake it’s a goal kick.

It’s a bad one. He knows that. He needs to pick himself up and be confident. Had a shocker against Villa last year then kept 7 clean sheets in a row. He’s our best goalkeeper and you don’t drop him or pile on him for something that would only happen 1 in a hundred times I think.

I doubt he will sleep much this week, that's the kind of player he is. But think about what happened last season; gifted Leeds 3 points at the Lane, then went on to completely shithouse their supporters and players when we avenged it at their place. It could be written in the stars for Anfield, Man U keeper maintains a clean sheet and drops the scousers valuable points. And as said above, he came back from the Villa fiasco like a rocket, along with the rest of the defence.

Apart from that howler he had a solid game, but that's the way it goes for keepers.

I haven't seen anyone slagging off Fleck half as much for a) failing to smash it when he had a clear sight of goal, and b) not squaring it to an unmarked Lundstram when he cut inside. A great game otherwise, but that was one of our best chanced of scoring and he completely fluffed it.

Shit happens, we go again.

Last edited:

Jesus Christ. The lad’s made a really bad mistake,he’s not done it on purpose has he?? He’s the best out of the 3 keepers we have,better than Moore (who I dont thinks that bad BTW) & we’ve not seen Verrips so far. He’s held his hands up & admitted it,we have to move on. I dont get all the hatred for him.
I’m sure he will play for England in the near future. The fact it now looks like Man Utd will be selling him at the end of the season is a good thing for us.
What pissed me off more was that miss of Clarke’s at the end,when he shits himself about colliding with their keeper & hoofs it into the kop. If that falls to McBurnie or Mousset its a goal. So if you lot want to criticise overrated shite players look no further than Leon Clarke. How the fuck he now has a Premier League appearance to his name is beyond me.

Spot on about Hendo Seth and Clarkes miss was a bad one, offside or not, but Clarke has been a good player for us and deserves a bit of respect.

He dropped an absolute howler at the weekend but he followed it up by stopping a one on one with Mo Salah. He cocked up against Chelsea and then followed it up with a point blank save vs. Abraham.

I'd back him to stamp the errors out of his game but I'm not sure where we'll find a keeper who has the kind of talent he's shown. He's young and inexperienced. This is the kind of thing that's going to happen to our players given the squad we started the season with.

I accept that players will make mistakes over a season, but it's the rate that the mistakes are occurring with Henderson that bothers me.

Last season he proved himself to be a very good Championship goalkeeper, but he was always going to be out on trial as to whether he was going to be good enough for the top flight. Wilder seemed to think so and patiently waited all summer for him, and Boothroyd rated him enough to name him as his starting keeper in the England under 21 side for the Euros.

Henderson dropped a bollock against Romania at 2-2 which led to them losing 4-2 in that tournament.

Against Chelsea this season he dropped another bollock, however the team fought back magnificently to get a result that no one would have predicted at half time, so arguably he didn't cost us points as I don't think anyone predicted us coming back to draw the way we did.

Now against Liverpool he's dropped yet another bollock costing us a hard earned and deserved point.

Henderson has been given the chance to prove himself at a higher level at both under 21 international level and in the top flight. In his last nine competitive matches (under 21 and Premier League), he has made three absolute howlers through his own fault.

I'm not writing him off but I am very, very concerned as you'd expect a goalkeeper to drop a clanger maybe twice a season. One mistake every three competitive games, that is very worrying.

If Wilder puts it down to him being young and still learning then he has to accept some blame when they occur as he picks him.

I'm not saying Henderson is not good enough, far from that, he's still a work in progress, but one more blunder in the next five games and Wilder will have no choice but to drop him.

To be replaced by who ?, presumably Moore who gets more than his fair share of pelters from some on here.

Get behind Henderson.

Moore is good enough and deserves a chance if Hendo drops anymore b*77*cks

Plenty of clubs were after him on loan in the summer, besides United.

Honest question, who would pay £20m for Hendo at the end of the season, or even in Jan??

It's a lot of cash for a lad playing his first year in the prem, and it makes me think of Ramsdale, and how he's playing, and how far he's come, yet probably worth less than half that???

Just to add more fuel to the fire.

Hendos passing accuracy is 34%

The worst in the league for a goalkeeper.

Not. Good. Enough.

That has got to be the most ridiculous post ever. Pass accuracy for a keeper? Got anymore fascinating stats? Save percentage from left footed strikers from the right hand side from less than twenty yards? Number of goals conceded in games before half-time in midweek matches?

Wouldnt be surprised if CW drops Hendo for the Watford game considering how Watford are playing at the moment and put Moore in net just to show him that you make a mistake like that and its not just losing the game that you get punished for, especially after the comments on Saturday from CW in the interview.

Wouldnt be surprised if CW drops Hendo for the Watford game considering how Watford are playing at the moment and put Moore in net just to show him that you make a mistake like that and its not just losing the game that you get punished for, especially after the comments on Saturday from CW in the interview.

Do you actually believe that?

Id be fucking shocked if Wilder puts him on the bench next week. Dropping him will blow his confidence completely. I'd be more surprised if Moore plays anything other than an FA cup game & Man Utd all season while Dean is fit.

Back
Top Bottom