Hecky's post match verdict

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's no point in insulting the bloke. He's given it everything with poor resources and made mistakes. He's a good man (imo) and deserves a bit of respect as he leaves as there was never any hope for this season to start with.
Let's show some class. It costs nothing.
Good luck Hecky.
utb

Agree with this. He's a good bloke and a good coach. Horribly out of his depth as a manager (not sure he realises this), but that's not really his fault anyway.

The boards fucked the club and they've got their fall guy.

the only real fault is we got the only saudi prince with no money
We've probably got fans in our stand with more money but they arent prepared to invest in us
not that I blame them , if Id won 200m on euro lottery this weekend Id put in 10m to improve the kop but thats it

its becoming clear we are a decent championship side and should enjoy top 10 finishes there for the next decade and hope we in that time can find a proper investor or investment group, as without 150 to 250m a season you wont stay in the prem

New manager bounce then more of the same. Confidence shot to pieces feeding on itself. Who could possibly think that a lower championship at best defensive line containing Thomas, Robinson, Trusty and Bogle with Norwood as holding mf is going to be able to contain premier league attacks. Miles off Egan O Connell and Basham.. If you want a laugh look at Trusty running back for second goal. Hecky has failed to maintain motivation in the face of humiliating performances , a Herculean task and when it comes to motivation he’s no Hercules.

Last edited:
There's no point in insulting the bloke. He's given it everything with poor resources and made mistakes. He's a good man (imo) and deserves a bit of respect as he leaves as there was never any hope for this season to start with.
Let's show some class. It costs nothing.
Good luck Hecky.
utb
He should go before things get more sour.

Completely agree he's a decent bloke, but he's out of his depth in terms of tactics, formations, and recruitment.

Go out with his head held high rather than limping on for a few more weeks, and a few more poor results, before being sacked.

As things stand I agree but he's starting to lose the credit he has in the bank with the way he's been acting/managing us recently
Can you blame him ! He was given no real support and although the Prince told us he would not be spending on players the reality has left us with a manager who has been left high and dry with a squad not fit for prem.
Hecki has to take some blame with players coming in whatever he did we would be left well short.
Forest have spent a fortune and still in trouble! Burnley spent over 100 million + and will still go down in my opinion.
We attempted to go down the same road Luton have unfortunately recruitment has been poor.
us Burnley and Luton will go down in my opinion so start now planning for the championship.

This is the first time that he's actually shown emotion, as he seemed to come across as annoyed, irritated, blunt with some responses and looking dejected like he knows the game is up. It's the first time in a post match interview where I actually believed him, other than the 1 or 2 players let me down comment. Only the 2 Paul? 🤣
I disagree a bit. There is no jeopardy for him, his job isn’t at risk so where is the driver for him to change things. It seems to me that he gets the post match comments out of the way then Draws a line under it. So next week, he will tell us how we have been competitive in most games again and the whole pantomime starts again.

Hecky has seen this coming for weeks now, he's got that "why shoud I quit" look about him, imo, and why would he quit & lose a pay off?.
My own thoughts are, I believe he should go, sack him and take the useless coaching staff with him if and when we have someone in place to come in, otherwise we will be a ship cast adrift!
If this continues he will show some balls to stand there in that box!

Back
Top Bottom