Hecky's post match verdict

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It would only be best for the club if there is a replacement who could make a group of limited talent players have more talent. I am not sure CW leaving made us any better in the short term.

We’ve always been limited quality wise at this level. We have never ever ever ever at this level, been so unfit, so unorganised, so defensively shambolic, so devoid of any composure when we have the ball, so woefully lacking in attacking intent. That’s all down to the manager and quite frankly, you could pick the vast majority of managers in the top 2 divisions that would improve us both tactically and organisationally and they’d probably have us far fitter as well.

As I stated earlier, Wilder wanted to go some 5 months earlier than the Prince allowed him to. Had we got a manager in at that time, things could have played out differently.

There's no point in insulting the bloke. He's given it everything with poor resources and made mistakes. He's a good man (imo) and deserves a bit of respect as he leaves as there was never any hope for this season to start with.
Let's show some class. It costs nothing.
Good luck Hecky.
utb
Fair enough but respect works both ways. Our fan base prefer honestly rather than someone trying to pull the wool over their eyes. That’s why Adkins wasn’t tolerated.

We all know he was set up to fail by the owner but his interviews recently have been ridiculous, particularly after Bournemouth last week. I actually feel sorry for the guy. He seems a nice enough man but I fear for him if is he’s still in position on Wednesday.

"Listen, I'll just suck Steve off and give him a bit of bum finger, and I'll see you all on Wednesday night, might need to swallow tonight though"

I agree with a large percentage of what you have written, but in terms of the top flight he hasn't done anything to prove the bold otherwise to be incorrect.

He's had injuries, but he can't hide behind them when he is playing people out of position and tactically setting us up to fail (so to speak).

The summer was poor in terms of preperatiom, however despite the ridiculous surroundings of the Berge and Ndiaye sales... the manager did still have spendo's, £55m to be more precise. Now okay, in terms of PL spendo's, this isn't a luxury budget..... but I feel it could have been spent a little better. We bought young, but we bought inexperience, we bought a lack of physicality and height.... We would have probably had more success buying grit and determination, as opposed to gambling for the future.

Hecky had an opportunity to place his own tactical stanp on things, to change certain elements up and tweak the system in his recruitment.... and he chose not to.

We know every week that we are under the cosh, we are playing the best in the world at the end of the day. But nothing changes in our approach to the game! We play players out of position and we are attempting the same dire tactics every week..... We aren't going to outclass them with this squad, so you make us hard to play against and hard to beat.

Don't get me started on his failure to change things up during games. I get it, we don't have a gifted bench.... but what we do have is fresh legs and athleticism. When the opponent throws the dice and lobs on 5 high quality subs, why sit and wait to act??. Half the team is suddenly packed with energy against our tired legs. But he has persevered and it has cost us multiple times this season already....

This level is too much for Hecky in my opinion and it isn't a personal bash on the bloke, because I personally feel his heart is in the right place. He's simply out of his depth.

So in terms of PL football.... I will openly say that I dont think he is good enough.
And I agree - I said he looks bewildered , as do his players . I said he is drowning
, and he is .

Not good enough for the prem - is true - but to say he is no good and never was is not correct imo

Has he done a post match interview, I can't find it?

There's no point in insulting the bloke. He's given it everything with poor resources and made mistakes. He's a good man (imo) and deserves a bit of respect as he leaves as there was never any hope for this season to start with.
Let's show some class. It costs nothing.
Good luck Hecky.
utb
Agreed. Anybody would be fucked in his position, we’re still not doing as well as we could be, he should go, but I don’t hate the bloke like I did Robson. Like Adkins, he’s a decent bloke who just isn’t up to it.

Stop once and for all with the 'he's a nice man'.
Listen to his press conference : the fans might be "almost as angry as me" . " I know i can walk away from here with my head held high"

He's an Arrogant Pr1ck
I'm trying to think if I've ever heard a Manager in my life time compare his feelings to the fans of a club. Never ... oh sorry, he did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

Whatever your thoughts on Hecky or the Prince, we don't /won't/can't compete in terms of bringing the quality of player in to the club. Without Illy we didn't have a chance unless we replaced him adequately and added better players. We haven't, simple as that.

Stop once and for all with the 'he's a nice man'.
Listen to his press conference : the fans might be "almost as angry as me" . " I know i can walk away from here with my head held high"

He's an Arrogant Pr1ck

Just seen that he’s said that. What an arrogant bellend. Get him fucking out NOW.

He gets the slurp in.

Listen.

Does he basically say at the end that the new signings haven't got the mentality for it and have given up on the challenge?

If he's feeling the pressure he should be feeling, he hides it well.

I need to see a bit of "I'd love it if we beat them..." Keeganesque pashun.

He gets the slurp in.

Listen.

Does he basically say at the end that the new signings haven't got the mentality for it and have given up on the challenge?

Most worrying for me was that he seems to indicate that he’s still unsure of the mentality of the players in terms of how they will react after a pasting. Its fucking December and we’ve already had several. My guess is that they dont react very well.

This is the first time that he's actually shown emotion, as he seemed to come across as annoyed, irritated, blunt with some responses and looking dejected like he knows the game is up. It's the first time in a post match interview where I actually believed him, other than the 1 or 2 players let me down comment. Only the 2 Paul? 🤣

He gets the slurp in.

Listen.

If he's feeling the pressure he should be feeling, he hides it well.

I need to see a bit of "I'd love it if we beat them..." Keeganesque pashun.

Seemed to say that didn't he?

The fact that Fleck is starting over our £10m summer signing says a lot. Slimane and Traore can't get on the pitch.
Trusty only got in eventually after injuries to Egan, Basham and Anel.

Rubbish.

I let him out from a side road last week near Shirecliffe on my way to work. In a 4 x 4 that would have dwarfed a Sherman Tank. And he has the gall to insult the fans, a few I assume like me, who work for a living wage? No matter what happens, he’s set up for life. Show some humility for fucks sake. Head held high? He’s fucking joking isn’t he? My head would be so bowed I’d never tread in any dog shit ever again in my life after this seasons showings.

This is the first time that he's actually shown emotion, as he seemed to come across as annoyed, irritated, blunt with some responses and looking dejected like he knows the game is up. It's the first time in a post match interview where I actually believed him, other than the 1 or 2 players let me down comment. Only the 2 Paul? 🤣
How the fuck can he possibly think he's angrier than the fans? A fuckin arrogant dickhead of a statement from a deluded dickhead of a man. Fuck off now you pompous idiot.

How the fuck can he possibly think he's angrier than the fans? A fuckin arrogant dickhead of a statement from a deluded dickhead of a man. Fuck off now you pompous idiot.
Prob because it’s his profession and he publicly looks incompetent and a fool - whereas we , the fans , just feel angry in our living rooms , pubs , etc

Prob because it’s his profession and he publicly looks incompetent and a fool - whereas we , the fans , just feel angry in our living rooms , pubs , etc
And we only spend our hard earned coin year in year out & have weekends ruined 🙄🙄 and have to console our kids telling'em it'll be ok.
Makes my piss boil

I let him out from a side road last week near Shirecliffe on my way to work. In a 4 x 4 that would have dwarfed a Sherman Tank. And he has the gall to insult the fans, a few I assume like me, who work for a living wage? No matter what happens, he’s set up for life. Show some humility for fucks sake. Head held high? He’s fucking joking isn’t he? My head would be so bowed I’d never tread in any dog shit ever again in my life after this seasons showings.
He's taking the piss out of all Blades. Full weight tosser.

" my job is safe, so all you fans, pundits can go get a pint and we go again on Tuesday, Wednesday or whenever "
Without me till he's gone
Not disputing that

But we’re blaming the wrong person

The prince has overseen this abs needs to stand up / will he ?

If not then he deserves to be hounded
The Prince didn't say he's angrier than the fans. Man's saying his feelings are hurt more than us. Unforgivable press conference makes my piss boil.

Back
Top Bottom