Manager Suggestion Hecky - Media Push

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've been wondering about that. Blessin has 1 year left on his contract at which point he would be eligible for a work permit.

Maybe they see Hecky as being a stop gap for that year before he then goes back to the U23's.

I can't say I agree with it if that's the way they go as it's putting a massive amount of pressure on Blessin right from the start. If we didn't go up that would be 2 of the 3 years of parachute payments gone and we've seen what generally happens if you don't get back up before the payments run out.

If they do go down this route then they must really believe Blessin is the one.
But. Doesn't this "wait a year for Blessin" plan go one of two ways.
Either - he's brilliant at Oostende, & more, better options open for him than SUFC,
or - he's shit at Oostende, & we'd be mugs to take him.

Either - he's brilliant at Oostende, & more, better options open for him than SUFC,

Yep. It's lose/lose. Either he doesn't perform really well and therefore maybe not good enough or performs really well and goes to a better club than us.

With Blessin, if we can't get him now, we need to forget it. Move on. Hire the best manager to get us promoted next season. If it goes tits up, and this time next year we're looking for a new bloke, maybe Blessin comes into consideration (or maybe he doesn't).

Either way, to put a stop gap in charge is a ridiculous notion. The Prince is a businessman who'll want the Blades in the PL next season - we need to hire appropriately.

Or maybe he goes to Beerschot for a year and then comes over once he can get a WP?

If he's brilliant then we already have him in effect and if he turns out to be a one season wonder then we haven't really lost out.

If he's really the one we want then that's 1 way round it and surely how this "United World" venture should be made to work for us.

The only issue then is what we do this coming season?

Just to add this isn't what I would do. We're at too crucial a place to, in effect, waste a year waiting for a manager with so little track record.

Not for me he seems a nice fella but we need a new face and new ideas higgy seems to want to be everyone's mate

Or maybe he goes to Beerschot for a year and then comes over once he can get a WP?

If he's brilliant then we already have him in effect and if he turns out to be a one season wonder then we haven't really lost out.

If he's really the one we want then that's 1 way round it and surely how this "United World" venture should be made to work for us.

The only issue then is what we do this coming season?

Just to add this isn't what I would do. We're at too crucial a place to, in effect, waste a year waiting for a manager with so little track record.
If he moves to Beerschot. And if he does brilliantly. And if other, better options than SUFC come knocking for him (because he's done brilliantly). What we gonna do? We can't "make him" come to SUFC against his wishes.

If he moves to Beerschot. And if he does brilliantly. And if other, better options than SUFC come knocking for him (because he's done brilliantly). What we gonna do? We can't "make him" come to SUFC against his wishes.

I totally agree but he would be under contract so he either does as he's told, and bare in mind he must have agreed to come for us to go through the WP application, or we get the relevant compensation for him.

I totally agree but he would be under contract so he either does as he's told, and bare in mind he must have agreed to come for us to go through the WP application, or we get the relevant compensation for him.
He cannot be under contract to SUFC without a Governing Body Endorsement (ie Work Permit). He might be under contract to Beerschot (in this scenario), but SUFC would have no "rights" over him.

I don’t think the Beerschott fans will be too impressed if PA uses the club like a fuckdoll.

So if we don’t appoint either Blessin (not eligible) or Heckingbottom (not really being considered) are Radio Sheffield full of shit and actively trolling the dumb United fans along with the local media?

No way can Hecky be even considered for the job of manager, he has no idea and is bereft of ideas get rid of Tindall as well.

He's arguably made us worse by using the same system/players.

If I was wanting to make an impression I would have been bold and changed things around no matter what the outcome would be, at least it shows a willingness to try and find improvements.

Doing the same thing everytime and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity and that's what he's done.

He is not fit for the job.

Hopefully today ends any notion that Hecky is a contender. No where near good enough. Unless the board are impressed by losing matches and sh1t performances.

Would anyone getting a club in the eroupe league not get special dispensation on a work permit (how.could they knock it back ) 😁

Why is Hecky talking about next season if he is going back to U23’s - seems odd

Why is Hecky talking about next season if he is going back to U23’s - seems odd

Imagine slagging off the effort of the first team players and then having to see them regularly at the club the next season when managing the U-23s. He's not going to be critical of them. He'd be stupid to.

Imagine slagging off the effort of the first team players and then having to see them regularly at the club the next season when managing the U-23s. He's not going to be critical of them. He'd be stupid to.
He’s gonna be the manager tho!

From his after match interview.

“I’ve been given this role between now and the end of the season, the questions have changed as someone put my name on a shortlist. I know what it is, it’s 10 games until the end of the season and I’m more than happy to do that for the club we’ve all got our part to play and this is my part
I hope that puts to bed the rumour and the nasty comments which have been aimed at a guy doing his best to help us out.

pommpey mentioned it in his excellent match review, but worth pointing out again I think how much I enjoyed not making any subs. A complete rarity in today's game, and takes a bit of bollocks not to have even made some for time wasting purposes (I assumed Jags for Jebbo was coming at some point).

Hope he can still stay in the U23 role in the new regime, and isn't pushed out as part of the change.

pommpey mentioned it in his excellent match review, but worth pointing out again I think how much I enjoyed not making any subs. A complete rarity in today's game, and takes a bit of bollocks not to have even made some for time wasting purposes (I assumed Jags for Jebbo was coming at some point).

Hope he can still stay in the U23 role in the new regime, and isn't pushed out as part of the change.
Yes very refreshing, but at the time, thought he was being niave not to use the subs to slow the game down in the closing minutes (time waste basically)

I got a sense yesterday that BT Sports were sort of intimating whether he might be warming to taking the job on full time. Certainly one of the first questions he was asked was whether he was starting to think I could do the job. I am still in the PH no camp. We need someone new, a fresh pair of eyes on the squad. He has done brilliant with the U23s and should return to them.....

Back
Top Bottom