Manager Suggestion Hecky - Media Push

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pandev

Steve Kabba Fan
Reaction score
Anyone else find it weird that the Star and other journos are heavily pushing Hecky? Making articles supporting him or saying he would be good as he knows the club.

Think the club are getting hecky’s name out to try and soften the blow when he is appointed.

it would be terrible in my eyes if he is appointed. Not done a decent job as a manager in years. Done very poorly in charge of us and offered nothing fresh or new.

League 1 beckons if he is appointed....

Example:

Anyone else find it weird that the Star and other journos are heavily pushing Hecky? Making articles supporting him or saying he would be good as he knows the club.

Think the club are getting hecky’s name out to try and soften the blow when he is appointed.

it would be terrible in my eyes if he is appointed. Not done a decent job as a manager in years. Done very poorly in charge of us and offered nothing fresh or new.

Example:

Think that's were some of the media want us to be, Biggs can fuck off and take Shields with him!!

This is the most disturbing thing for me. He does know the players and the club, yet he still hasn't been able to get any sort of tune out of them.

I'm sorry, I just don't see how anyone can think this is any way a good idea.

They backed Wilder to the hilt, they don’t seem to be getting much from the club because of so are pushing their own opinions loosely dressed up as news. You wouldn’t think the Star could get any worse but they seem to be working hard to achieve it.

l’m waiting for the next “where are they now” article on the John Harris promotion side “Tony Currie - left to join Leeds”

Example:

No offence to Danny here but I want more from my club ‘then he knows the players’.

As a club we absolutely should have specific requirements or some desirable qualities of the person who we appoint. I don’t think either past success at the level we will be playing at, being highly regarded or bringing some new ideas/ style is too much of an ask To be honest. Does PH fill any of these characteristics ?

if someone that knows the players is the main requirement then we may as well appoint the Tea Lady on a 2 year deal and see how she gets on.

I could see a push for Heckinhbottom if results and performances had improved - they have not. He’s not shown he’s capable of getting more out of the same staff or even given us a new manager bounce.

No offence to Danny here but I want more from my club ‘then he knows the players’.

As a club we absolutely should have specific requirements or some desirable qualities of the person who we appoint. I don’t think either past success at the level we will be playing at, being highly regarded or bringing some new ideas/ style is too much of an ask To be honest. Does PH fill any of these characteristics ?

if someone that knows the players is the main requirement then we may as well appoint the Tea Lady on a 2 year deal and see how she gets on.

I could see a push for Heckinhbottom if results and performances had improved - they have not. He’s not shown he’s capable of getting more out of the same staff or even given us a new manager bounce.

Exactly this.

If anything, I don't want someone that "knows the players."

These boys need a clean slate & a kick up the (hecking)bottom.

We need to draw a line in the sand & bring someone in with some fresh ideas. What we had was broken & it needs fixing.

I get the impression Heckingbottom is a quality coach but never a manager.

I watched an interview recently with Marvin Bartley who played for Hibs under Neil Lennon and latterly Paul Heckingbottom (English fans might remember Marv from his time as a defensive mid with Eddie Howe's Bournemouth and Burnely sides). He mentioned that "As a coach [Heckingbottom] was unbelievable, the closest thing to Eddie Howe I've seen. Analysis, structure was spot on, training was fantastic". However, he also added "I think he needed a Neil Lennon type as an assistant, that ruthless guy."

We have a history of going for the cheap and underwhelming option. Don't see this being any different
🙁
UTB

Imo he won't be manager prince said he's taking charge until endof season to see how he does. That's only reason he's on shortlist. Them in media are pushing it because wilder told hecky to look after his club so not suprising

I'm not against appointing Hecky if the board really want him and think he's the best available candidate. But with with all due respect to Hecky, is there anyway that Hecky would be considered by the club if he wasn't already with us and having done a good job with the under 23's? No is the answer, as we all know, and managing the under 23's is a world away from managing a first team. We've heard managers who were previously assistant managers say how big a step[ up it is. let alone from under 23's to first team.

So these articles from the local press, which come out with stuff like "he boasts admirers at board level for the job he's doing in tough circumstances and he knows the club well"! I mean, Gordon Bennett, why not I manage the club, I know it well, supported it over 30 years and I'm great on Champ man!

That sort of claptrap is just patronising the fans, and if it's true that the board appoint Hecky then they best be prepared for a slump in season ticket sales for starters. When we appointed Danny Wilson it was similar, but even then there was logic to appointment, his record was overall decent. Hecky's still a novice really, and a real unknown, there isn't a club outside of League One that would appoint him, why should we!?

But the other names are hardly inspiring either, bar Blessin not one of them impresses me, I'd actually say there's little in it between Appleton and Hecky and Steve Cooper's another that has only managed two seasons inheriting a very good Swansea team with parachute payments still and some big earners from PL days such as Ayew, how would he do at Rotherham for example. I doubt no better than Warne, but he's a better candidate at this stage than Cooper, and I don't want Warne either.

We should be looking for managers who have got teams out of the Championship, stayed up in the PL preferably, people like Eddie Howe, David Wagner, Slavisa Jokanovic in terms of promotions, not young and unproven managers who've had decent teams gift rapped them, and even Lincoln was that for Appleton, he's a no from me too. There best be some better names on this shortlist. It's like we've got a choice of shopping at Sainsburys and we've decided nah, lets go to Farmfoods, be reyt! And that's with no disrespect to anyone who shops at Farmfoods as I do!

I would be fairly happy with Hecky as number 2 in the assistant/coaching role. But we'd also need a good, ruthless tactician in at number 1. Haven't seen one linked except for SJ

It would say a lot about the club's real ambitions. He'd be a terrible appointment.
We don’t know how good one bad he may be, so it’s unfair to write him off.
He may be the best one who is available.
We can throw all manner of overseas names about but we don’t know if any of them wish to come.

I'm finding all the recent media stuff 'supporting' the possibility of a Heckingbottom appointment, cringey, embarrassing and VERY worrying.
It's so obvious that the club have clearly had a word in certain ears to push and promote the prospect when these same individuals have been stating totally the opposite in articles previously (i.e. most important appointment in years, needs someone with a proven track record, Jakanovic, Jakanovic, Jakanovic etc etc).
I hope I'm way off the mark here, and that the club are actually being clever and trying and get their other target to commit before we go and appoint someone else, but got a REALLY bad feeling that these idiots are about to set us back years again!

Example:

Why not someone who knows the players and the club?

And the new manager is...Adam Oxley!

I'm finding all the recent media stuff 'supporting' the possibility of a Heckingbottom appointment, cringey, embarrassing and VERY worrying.
It's so obvious that the club have clearly had a word in certain ears to push and promote the prospect when these same individuals have been stating totally the opposite in articles previously (i.e. most important appointment in years, needs someone with a proven track record, Jakanovic, Jakanovic, Jakanovic etc etc).
I hope I'm way off the mark here, and that the club are actually being clever and trying and get their other target to commit before we go and appoint someone else, but got a REALLY bad feeling that these idiots are about to set us back years again!
I feel if the club were wanting push a narrative we’d be getting in through Jim white and Simon Jordan not the local press. The prince has given talksport exclusive interviews before and would do so again before talking to the star. Hecky represents the individual with whom the local media have the best links through his time and Barnsley so it makes sense from their point of view to be leaning positive on him.

We need someone who DOESN'T know the players. This lot need to know that they're all on notice and that the performances this season won't be put up with. Players who have been guaranteed their spots regardless of their levels of performance need to know that they'll be playing under 23's with Mousset if they don't buck their ideas up. The players might want Heckingbottom because they'll probably get an easier ride than someone totally new, like when Wilder came in at the beginning and got rid of people, some of whom he signed himself.

If Heckingbottom seriously wanted the job, then this was his audition and he's done nothing to suggest he should get the job, performances have been the same as before if not worse. This team desperately needs a fresh set of eyes over it and Paul Heckingbottom, as good a coach as he's touted to be, isn't that.

It’s coming to something when the argument for him taking over is he knows the players and the club. The chef knows both these things, so I thin the argument needs some development by Danny.

I've no idea who the new manager will be but I've no reason to be concerned by local media reporting.

They have an axe to grind and I'm not expecting them to be meaningfully ITK.
I agree about the axe to grind, on talksport a few weeks ago Simon Jordon made Biggs and the local press look a right set of years, in fact he wrapped Biggs in knots😊

I agree about the axe to grind, on talksport a few weeks ago Simon Jordon made Biggs and the local press look a right set of years, in fact he wrapped Biggs in knots😊
Sorry twats😂

To be fair to Hecky he's been left a clapped out car to drive by CW, he can't get it to run any better because it's knackered.
Give him chance to trade it in for another car and see how he drives it, some of the players might finish up in the knackers yard and we could be running round in a Roller next season.

Back
Top Bottom