Manager Suggestion Hecky - Media Push

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No fucking wonder the previous manager left. It says everything about the ambition of the club if Paul Heckingbottom is given the job. Down to League One within the next 2 years if it happens.

He's a really bright guy (there's a great interview with him) and he's clearly a very intelligent and progressive coach. I really hope he stays at the club, but manager? no thanks. People slag off Tindall but he's also a really good coach.

If we got Howe, Tindall and Heck as our team I would be very impressed.

No fucking wonder the previous manager left. It says everything about the ambition of the club if Paul Heckingbottom is given the job. Down to League One within the next 2 years if it happens.
For someone who wants everyone to move on from the previous manager and not blame him for any of the current situation you bring him up a lot.

And if the previous manager knew we night appoint a nomark like PH when he left then he's missed his calling and he should be a Clairvoyant.

If they appoint PH it's shit. But it's got nothing to do with why Wilder decided he didn't want to be here anymore

I agree about the axe to grind, on talksport a few weeks ago Simon Jordon made Biggs and the local press look a right set of years, in fact he wrapped Biggs in knots😊
Yeah heard that live.

Thought Biggs made a bit of a tit of himself.

According to RS,25 names have been reduced to 2,Blessing and Becky.Only reported talks /approach has been with Blessin,so everybody else has been eliminated by "due diligence",which apparently was not diligent enough to know that our primary target was unavailable under current employment law,so hey presto,the only other guy is already here and paid for.Very worrying times indeed if Hecky gets the job,one requisite of the new manager is that he should be a 352 guy,Hecky is not even fulfilling that requirement.

According to RS,25 names have been reduced to 2,Blessing and Becky.Only reported talks /approach has been with Blessin,so everybody else has been eliminated by "due diligence",which apparently was not diligent enough to know that our primary target was unavailable under current employment law,so hey presto,the only other guy is already here and paid for.Very worrying times indeed if Hecky gets the job,one requisite of the new manager is that he should be a 352 guy,Hecky is not even fulfilling that requirement.
Christ knows how bad the other 24 candidates must have been if they’ve decided Hecky is the best option. I’d really like to know what the board have seen in the last couple of months that gives any encouragement at all that this is the man to take us forward. In fact his career to date has been abject other than a brief period with Barnsley. Really hoping this turns out to be a red herring.

If we can't get Blessin this year i can see Prince giving Hecky job until season after until he gets a permit. I'd rather we just go and get Jokanovic tbh

Christ knows how bad the other 24 candidates must have been if they’ve decided Hecky is the best option. I’d really like to know what the board have seen in the last couple of months that gives any encouragement at all that this is the man to take us forward. In fact his career to date has been abject other than a brief period with Barnsley. Really hoping this turns out to be a red herring.
They know as much as we do.

If thats genuinely the case, do we really think the club are daft enough to persue Blessin into a dead end? They're not stupid.

For someone who wants everyone to move on from the previous manager and not blame him for any of the current situation you bring him up a lot.

And if the previous manager knew we night appoint a nomark like PH when he left then he's missed his calling and he should be a Clairvoyant.

If they appoint PH it's shit. But it's got nothing to do with why Wilder decided he didn't want to be here anymore
Hilarious. You’ve definitely waited a long time to be able to say that, since I’m usually the one saying it’s about time some on here moved on. I’d love for you to give me some evidence of me bringing him up a lot. I imagine you’ll pass because you know I’m right.
It’s a mere dig at the state of the club currently, I’m over the previous manager leaving, but it’s obvious that he may have had a point about the ownership currently, maybe they aren’t looking for the best interests for the fans and club.

it’s obvious that he may have had a point about the ownership currently, maybe they aren’t looking for the best interests for the fans and club.

What's obvious about it? Waiting to appoint a new manager?

People are literally making shit up in their heads and running with it to the point of panic.

What's obvious about it? Waiting to appoint a new manager?

People are literally making shit up in their heads and running with it to the point of panic.
We’ll see what happens. Heckingbottom would be a total slap in the face.

Hilarious. You’ve definitely waited a long time to be able to say that, since I’m usually the one saying it’s about time some on here moved on. I’d love for you to give me some evidence of me bringing him up a lot. I imagine you’ll pass because you know I’m right.
It’s a mere dig at the state of the club currently, I’m over the previous manager leaving, but it’s obvious that he may have had a point about the ownership currently, maybe they aren’t looking for the best interests for the fans and club.
Waited a long time? You wanting me to scroll back through everything you've posted? I'm good thanks 👍 But if Wilder ever comes up, you're there offering your opinion (Which is the whole point of a forum so there'sno issue with that). Even more so with the owner and the current state of the club.

Maybe they aren't, maybe they are. But guessing at stuff that hasn't happened yet doesn't have any bearing at all on why the previous manager left. If you want to believe it was because he's put the club before his own aspirations I'll disagree but again, opinions are what this place is about 🤷‍♂️

We’ll see what happens. Heckingbottom would be a total slap in the face.
I don't even know what Heckingbottoms brief is at the club. Improve results, improve things behind the scenes, get the players back on side.

He might be doing exactly what's been asked behind the scenes, cos let's be honest, results on the pitch is almost impossible in the current state.

Waited a long time? You wanting me to scroll back through everything you've posted? I'm good thanks 👍 But if Wilder ever comes up, you're there offering your opinion (Which is the whole point of a forum so there'sno issue with that). Even more so with the owner and the current state of the club.

Maybe they aren't, maybe they are. But guessing at stuff that hasn't happened yet doesn't have any bearing at all on why the previous manager left. If you want to believe it was because he's put the club before his own aspirations I'll disagree but again, opinions are what this place is about 🤷‍♂️
So which is it? Do I bring him up all the time or do I offer my opinion to those who constantly bring him up? 🤔

I wish I had the confidence in the owner that some on here have, we’ll see what happens. Maybe I’ve jumped the gun assuming Heckingbottom will be offered the job, but y’know what, it wouldn’t surprise me whatsoever.

Press conference today,Hecky comes out and says that he's watched the Spurs game back,and decided he's not given them enough credit for how well they played.This means what the majority of fans saw,the diabolical defending,the daft mistakes,the gifts,the lack of application by individuals to do the necessary things for basic defending notwithstanding the desert of midfield and the nothingness of a forward line.If I were a managing them,I would have been embarrassed to be in charge of that lot and shown up on national and international tv and let them know in no uncertain terms that it wasn't anywhere near what was required for a Blades shirt,he decides Spurs caused our inept looking show and glosses over reality.

It was actually 5 down to 2 not 25

So which is it? Do I bring him up all the time or do I offer my opinion to those who constantly bring him up? 🤔

I wish I had the confidence in the owner that some on here have, we’ll see what happens. Maybe I’ve jumped the gun assuming Heckingbottom will be offered the job, but y’know what, it wouldn’t surprise me whatsoever.
🙄

I don't have any particular confidence. Just going to wait and see before deciding it's all shit

Radio Sheffield where referring to the email from the club which said there was 5 candidates and 1 was hecky. The caller asked Andy giddings if it was between him and blessin and he said yes but a big problem getting blessin due to new brexit rules.

Local media have been clutching at straws for a while with Abdullah going straight to the likes of Talksport direct, literally writing articles mirroring threads on here a day or two after they get a few posts. The ONLY info they have is they have shortlisted Hecky so they make narrative around what they know, I’d take anything from Biggs etc with a pinch of salt until the club

This is like the Trump will still be President thread. No actual evidence, continued references to dodgy sources and speculation and then “wait and see”. Biggs is Rudy, just clutching at straws, sweating like a fat lad in the queue for a wedding buffet and losing credibility day by day.

I agree about the axe to grind, on talksport a few weeks ago Simon Jordon made Biggs and the local press look a right set of years, in fact he wrapped Biggs in knots😊

It's worth mentioning that Simon Jordan reduced Alan Biggs to bumbling, repeating idiot without much trying.

If the events occurring at SUFC were happening at Crystal Palace then Simon Jordan would be deeply aware of what was unfolding at the time. With this info he'd have been able to crush an out of touch, agenda driven local fool like Biggs.

Print media and local journalism are in their final days. It's made local journos like AB and DH even more ominous on social media to drive web traffic to their articles. More specific to us; Prince Abdullah has no time for local media and starved them of any info which has meant they've become increasingly scathing towards the club.

The fact that Biggs invited a gobshite off Twitter to be a guest on his Partridgesque show just shows how desperate and vindictive he is towards Prince Abdullah and the Club.

How will all you early season ticket renewers feel if the club clogs the U-bend with the mother of all shits and appoints Hecky?

If we can't get Blessin this year i can see Prince giving Hecky job until season after until he gets a permit. I'd rather we just go and get Jokanovic tbh

I've been wondering about that. Blessin has 1 year left on his contract at which point he would be eligible for a work permit.

Maybe they see Hecky as being a stop gap for that year before he then goes back to the U23's.

I can't say I agree with it if that's the way they go as it's putting a massive amount of pressure on Blessin right from the start. If we didn't go up that would be 2 of the 3 years of parachute payments gone and we've seen what generally happens if you don't get back up before the payments run out.

If they do go down this route then they must really believe Blessin is the one.

Back
Top Bottom