Hecky is so shit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He didn't play our best XI in either game, which is one of the problems with rotation.
I agree that our best XI didn't start either game but, for me, "rotation" means to not select fully fit and fully recovered players for the sake of giving starts to others and I don't see who that applies to.

Billy, at 36, was overdue an appearance on bench after playing 690 out of 720 mins since our fixtures resumed at Wolves. It's so easy for an older player to pick up injuries when not 100% and with Brewster, Mousset and possibly McGoldrick done for the season I don't mind us being careful with him.

Norwood and Hourihane were both missed on Saturday but are the wrong side of 30 and shouldn't be expected to play 3 games in 6 games just because there's a lack of faith in the alternatives. They've both still started twice in 6 days so missing Huddersfield (and Norwood still came on) shouldn't cause them to be rusty. Neither had a good game tonight, which softens their absence at the weekend.

I feel we missed Bogle more than anyone and he certainly wasn't rotated. He's in good form but I accept tonight was the obvious game to give him a break to properly get over his knock. I'm sure he could've played but isn't 100% and I'd rather he missed 1 game than 10.

We did more than enough to win tonight and were unfortunate to not to.

I agree that our best XI didn't start either game but, for me, "rotation" means to not select fully fit and fully recovered players for the sake of giving starts to others and I don't see who that applies to.
Unless I am missing something, that is exactly the case with Hourihane and Norwood on Saturday and exactly the case with Sharp tonight.

You are speculating that they were not fully recovered. Has anyone said that?

The real key here is starting your best side. That is 2 games in a row we have not done that. We did not win either game. There may be some correlation there.

A sense of perspective is needed.

Last night was frustrating but it was as much down to the opposition's tactics as us - they came to make life difficult and succeeded. Their fan's bizarre celebrations showed they saw it as a win. They expected us to win as much as we did. Remember, there was even a time recently when we were flying when even some Premier teams were wary when playing us.

Things have improved post Slav and I'll take that.

As I walked away from the ground tonight on my own it was interesting to overhear some of the conversations.

One chap said"That just shows Hecky is shit, he's no idea how to win a game".

I shit you not. 22 shots on goal, and 12 corners. Granted we didn't score, but we were hardly shrinking violets.

Unbelievable comments. I was/am astounded.
I was going to say you couldn’t write it could you but you have and I too couldn’t believe some of the stick he and many of the players were getting -

Hecky has done a great job - team overall have done great and we are a nats away from the playoffs

We were set up well last night - should have won by three but one would have done . We played a team who wanted to delay , frustrate , slow us down , destroy any rhythm - and we still should have crushed them .

If he starts a game I am behind him and would love him to score and win us the game
So tell me you didn’t slag him off DURING last nights game and got right behind him and the team….. because I wouldn’t believe you for a minute.

Well after lastnights showing in the shoutbox. I've just got up and opened the curtains and there's no fucking snow anywhere to be seen.
Way things were heading I thought we'd all be snowed in with 6ft of snow minimum.
The wind was blowing abit in the early hours but struggling to see where its blown all the snow too.

Billy, at 36, was overdue an appearance on bench after playing 690 out of 720 mins since our fixtures resumed at Wolves. It's so easy for an older player to pick up injuries when not 100% and with Brewster, Mousset and possibly McGoldrick done for the season I don't mind us being careful with him.

Norwood and Hourihane were both missed on Saturday but are the wrong side of 30 and shouldn't be expected to play 3 games in 6 games just because there's a lack of faith in the alternatives. They've both still started twice in 6 days so missing Huddersfield (and Norwood still came on) shouldn't cause them to be rusty. Neither had a good game tonight, which softens their absence at the weekend.

I feel we missed Bogle more than anyone and he certainly wasn't rotated. He's in good form but I accept tonight was the obvious game to give him a break to properly get over his knock. I'm sure he could've played but isn't 100% and I'd rather he missed 1 game than 10.

We did more than enough to win tonight and were unfortunate to not to.
Bang on

Hecky isn't shit but I wouldn't say he is a good manager either at this level

Right now he is just copying what CW did without the bottle to go and change a game and go for a win like Huddersfield and last night

Put it this way id say there is plenty of managers better than him in this league

Is he doing a good job though , yes but he should be with this squad

A sense of perspective is needed.

Last night was frustrating but it was as much down to the opposition's tactics as us - they came to make life difficult and succeeded. Their fan's bizarre celebrations showed they saw it as a win. They expected us to win as much as we did. Remember, there was even a time recently when we were flying when even some Premier teams were wary when playing us.

Things have improved post Slav and I'll take that.
Well said

The meltdown some people display when we don’t win is comical -

Against all their shithousing we did more than enough to win comfortably

Let’s be honest it’s not like we play against opposition who try to stop us is it

Let’s blame our wingbacks - Hecky - Norwood - O Mac

What about the guy who keeps missing sitters IN ?

Hecky isn't shit but I wouldn't say he is a good manager either at this level

Right now he is just copying what CW did without the bottle to go and change a game and go for a win like Huddersfield and last night

Put it this way id say there is plenty of managers better than him in this league

Is he doing a good job though , yes but he should be with this squad
Lol. Seriously. 3rd best form in the league over the last 10 with a team struggling under the last manager. With no money and having to sell players.

Unless I am missing something, that is exactly the case with Hourihane and Norwood on Saturday and exactly the case with Sharp tonight.

You are speculating that they were not fully recovered. Has anyone said that?

The real key here is starting your best side. That is 2 games in a row we have not done that. We did not win either game. There may be some correlation there.
Absolutely I'm speculating, but no more than anyone who suggests it's tinkering.

We don't get an explanation of every individual's status so interpreting the choices made is the best we can do. I'm not passing off my opinion as gospel, nor am I necessarily suggesting they were the correct choices. I'm saying I understand why he's made them, and that I don't have a problem with them.

He's alluded to using his squad and everyone getting minutes etc and I don't have such little faith in him to think he'd do that for the fun of it.

We didn't have our best team out at Birmingham and made 4 changes to the previous game, but won. I'm definitely not one to take analysis from the result, so I don't tend to agree when others look to blame something or someone when we don't win, especially if the reason was true for games we happened to win.

There might be some correlation either way. Every game during a run like this has its own nuances and context though. The situation is fluid and ever-changing.

I think had we started Norwood and Hourihane at Huddersfield and they played like they did tonight, we'd have lost.

I also think if Sharp had been rested at Huddersfield instead and started last night we might've won both.

The idea that we have a best XI might also be news to some!

Lol. Seriously. 3rd best form in the league over the last 10 with a team struggling under the last manager. With no money and having to sell players.
It’s just not good enough though

It’s the championship and we’re sheff u and he should be doing better much better

How dare he only draw away against a top six side unbeaten since November and only draw against a crap hull team when if we had beaten then by three (which we should have done if only our players could score open goals - not to mention the other 18/19 attempts) we would have gone above Middlesbrough into the top 6

He’s not good enough and neither are his players , tactics and team selection

Yes but thats mainly becasuse hes just gonna and copied CW hes done a good job doing that btw

His main idea is to just go and copy what you did under CW

Yes but thats mainly becasuse hes just gonna and copied CW hes done a good job doing that btw

No shit Sherlock.

And what's wrong with that?? He's inherited players that were bought for a particular system. The system wasn't working and we were getting hammered every week, so the bloke that bought them cleared off. A new, experienced manager came in, tried a different system and couldn't get a tune out if them. As supporters we were bored.

Hecky gets the gig, we go from relegation material (according to some), to the in form team and play off contenders. It's the Wilder system but he's got it working again, and he's shipped out much of the crap he was left with, and is building a squad with what he's got left.

In my book if a manager gets a team doing better than the sum of its parts, then he's doing a good job.

So you still slag him off because he's copying Wilder and hasn't reinvented football in the 11 games he's had.

I've been looking at your other posts and you do spout some crap. Go away and give your head a wobble.

I know - this all day

We should have kept on with Slav who didn't try to copy Wilder , he was on the cusp - and i mean , cusp of success - so glad he didn't try to transform the squad and team and tactics to end up with the system and players he preferred. So thankful he went with a back 4 and encouraged, right from the get go , certain players he had to become out and out fast , decisive, aggressive wingers and sidelined the wasters we had ,such as Basham.

Sick to the stomach that we ended up with with the clueless Hecky who only copies Wilders tactics - he will get us nowhere and fast, as he knowsnowt (sorry knowsnowt).

Talk sense you absolute attention seeker

I haven't seen anyone saying "Hecky is shit."
Or expecting autos.
Bit clickbaity...

So 1 person, after he chucked the thread up...

There is a massive lack of perspective on here (as ever). In the summer we appointed a fraud (cheque book Slav) who massively failed leaving us with a mountain to climb in terms of making the play offs.

This was compounded by all the games that were cancelled, which has left us with a schedule that would make Man City blush. Already we've had two serious injuries to key players as a result (Didzy, Brewster) and other, hopefully less severe injuries (Bogle, Osborn, Stevens, Davies). Everybody knows about the shit show of a pre season that has also left a fitness stain on the squad - that is unlikely to be erased this season.Then there is the numbers we have offloaded: although we aren't crying about it, it has thinned the squad out.
The net result is that we have to manage our resources very carefully in February and March. Players can't be overloaded or we risk decimating the squad. Of course, if there was a club that got fucked by Covid it had to be SUFC.
That doesn't exonerate the manage from any scrutiny though. He went with two tens - that didn't work. Should he have left one on the bench and played another striker or orthordox midfielder? That way he would've had a fresh ten off the bench and Sharp to come on for one of the front two later on. The ten that didn't start would also be fresher for the weekend.I doubt they are doing much shape work due to the schedule, so it seems strange to me to see us switching formations
For what it's worth, my Hull team was the same as Hecky's but with Jebbo for MGW or Ndiaye. It was clear to me that Bogle hasn't been right recently. There was an argument to bring Davies in for Robbo - due to his quality vertical passing - but it would be difficult to drop JR him after Saturday.

This thread will gather some serious momentum if Hecky keeps picking McBurnie.

Oh I don't know. He's been in the job a over a month now.

He's not moaned once about the training ground roof and the backing he got in the window!

Like any relationship you often look back more fondly on the good times.

Our first season back in the Championship, marred as it was by Coutts' injury, Chris made an absolute pig's ear of replacing him. Lundstram, Evans, Leonard. All failed entirely to satisfy the need the absence created.

Even the promotion season we chucked points away persevering with a flat midfield three. Only when Duffy returned did we start to play anything like.

I recall we were down to 10 men against Bristol after Fleck got sent off. He made a ridiculous substitution to try and win a game we were hanging on in and lost it.

Point being the notion that Chris was somehow infallible is just that, a notion, not a rule.

He did great. But given the circumstances of squad trimming and poor morale I don't think Hecky has done a bad job at all.

Even the last two; Good save or not, we hit the inside of the post and it could have gone anywhere, to our player, off the keeper's back and in. We had one ricochet off the line which could have ping-ponged into the net. That's just bad luck.

Against Hull, for all our frustrations the team set up 2 strikers 1 v 1 and 22 efforts on goal.

He's entitled to expect one of those to go in.

I would still have played Sharp. But if Sharp went off injured then we'd have all been upset. So you're a bit damned if you do being proactive. You just hope it goes your way.

Last edited:
I know - this all day

We should have kept on with Slav who didn't try to copy Wilder , he was on the cusp - and i mean , cusp of success - so glad he didn't try to transform the squad and team and tactics to end up with the system and players he preferred. So thankful he went with a back 4 and encouraged, right from the get go , certain players he had to become out and out fast , decisive, aggressive wingers and sidelined the wasters we had ,such as Basham.

Sick to the stomach that we ended up with with the clueless Hecky who only copies Wilders tactics - he will get us nowhere and fast, as he knowsnowt (sorry knowsnowt).

Talk sense you absolute attention seeker

If you actually read what I have posted I have said that he is doing a good job and there is nothing wrong with copying what we have previously done as its the best fit for this squad

If you go re-read the posts from a week before Slav was sacked i was suggesting we sack him and get daniel farke and received pelters as per

I'm not slagging hecky off he is doing a good job but do i think he is a top manager at this level no i dont even if he got us promoted I would think that

No shit Sherlock.

And what's wrong with that?? He's inherited players that were bought for a particular system. The system wasn't working and we were getting hammered every week, so the bloke that bought them cleared off. A new, experienced manager came in, tried a different system and couldn't get a tune out if them. As supporters we were bored.

Hecky gets the gig, we go from relegation material (according to some), to the in form team and play off contenders. It's the Wilder system but he's got it working again, and he's shipped out much of the crap he was left with, and is building a squad with what he's got left.

In my book if a manager gets a team doing better than the sum of its parts, then he's doing a good job.

So you still slag him off because he's copying Wilder and hasn't reinvented football in the 11 games he's had.

I've been looking at your other posts and you do spout some crap. Go away and give your head a wobble.

Thanks for reading my other posts

Im not slagging him off , he has done a good job sine he took over I'm merely pointing out I'm not sure whether he is good enough as per the last two games he refused to change it at all on Saturday and didn't dare until ten minutes to go

Show one post where someone tonight has said Hecky is shit?

Go on.
I was sat next to a Muppet who was saying it all night, except for when he was banging on about McBurnie being shit.

I was sat next to a Muppet who was saying it all night, except for when he was banging on about McBurnie being shit.
You may well have been but that doesn’t prove that the drama queen who done this thread was making things up that people were saying Hecky is shit on here.

Couldn't be arsed starting a new thread so I'm going to stick this here:

Lots of interesting stuff in there, but a couple of things jump out at me:

* Our performances under Slav were better than the results indicated.

* The biggest improvement since Hecky came in and went to three at the back has been our defending--no surprises there. But that improvement has come without any real cost in terms of attacking output. In fact, it looks like we're getting the ball into the opposition third more quickly and are shooting more from inside the box more and shooting more accurately.

By the way, whoever runs this Twitter account does a really good job. Always lots of interesting content.

Back
Top Bottom