Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HiOllie Watkins “ for a back 5 he was surprised at the amount of space”

That’s the bloody problem. Wilders tactics are shite. Same as Heckys. Same problems every match but as some say in this thread
“don’t worry about it”..
He was surprised we left him one on one all game. When we could have put it 2 on him.Holgate job was to mark space , space where there was no bloody players instead of doubling up with Anel on watkins.Thats problem with 5 at back , false sense of security and no urgency. And that basic fact that 5 Vs 1 meant 9 Vs 5 in their favour on the rest of the outfield, no wonder we could not get near them.

Last edited:

It’s completely embarrassing and I blame Hecky for putting us in this position and I suppose Ndiaye for aiding and abetting

I don't expect us to beat Villa today but our approach and defending for the first hour was sheer cowardice imho.
I think it was the opposite. The big difference in the performance at Villa park and this one is how we chose to play. At Villa we sat and defended deep, creating nothing but nicked a point.

Today we went for it. Attacking lineup, high press, high defensive line. It was a brave choice, but the wrong one as we've seen. We just can't compete against these teams.

If you carry on being complacent, and telling everyone who criticises your beloved Prince to ferk off, you will pretty soon get your wish.Did you see how many Blades had literally,ferked off, by the final whistle?
Time to wise up, my friend.
For years I have said that I am disillusioned with football in general especially since 1992 but I will always support the Blades through thick and thin. I don’t love or hate our owner but I can't see anyone richer than him being interested in taking over our club because we have never been a glamorous club etc. We are definitely a better run club than the likes of Wendy, Birmingham City and Derby County.
I always am disappointed when we lose but when I get home I never take it out on my family or my friends when I go out.

We have surrended. Simple. They have totally given up. Including wilder. We are in danger of Becoming the very worse side in top flight history. I honestly can’t see us getting another point. Absolutely embarrassing. What the fuck is it all about?
I've been going to the Lane since the mid 1950's and have seen some good times and some ok times and YES some real dross. For a lot of that time all clubs were playing on a level playing field and the likes of Man u and Liverpool were relegated. The rot set in as soon as Sky TV got involved and it will only get better for the majority of teams if, and it's a very big if, Sky and all the others were to stop funding it. Yes, we were shocking last night - Yes Wilder picked the wrong team and tactics etc etc BUT what do you all expect when we have Brooks and Osula who are both promising youngsters but the opposition have a team full of seasoned and very well payed and in a lot of cases Internationals. What supporters should be ashamed of is a team that is so good but have players who still feel the need to cheat by acting as if they have been badly hurt by a tackle just to win a free kick and possibly try to get the other player booked. So NO I will never be embarrassed to be a Blade.

I think it was the opposite. The big difference in the performance at Villa park and this one is how we chose to play. At Villa we sat and defended deep, creating nothing but nicked a point.

Today we went for it. Attacking lineup, high press, high defensive line. It was a brave choice, but the wrong one as we've seen. We just can't compete against these teams.
I'm talking about the defensive side.

People being statues, not putting tackles in, leaving players not just unmarked but in acres of space from set pieces.

No leadership, no one taking control, no-one trying to set the tone. All very weak.

I agree the set up and tactics didn't help and left us exposed but honestly can't remember duvh a shambolic defensive performance from corners and free kicks. It beggared belief how much space they had in our box when we had everyone behind the ball.

I still think getting relegated to Division 4 back in 1981 was my worst moment of being a Blade especially as we were still in Division 1 in 1976. It was the culmination of a most desperate period of shit football in our history.

This season has been bad but we're miles better than those dark days.
I supported us through those dark late 70s early 80 years but there other things to soften the disappointments.
The current predicament really hurts just give Wilder another million and fuck him off let’s get a man in who knows the modern game

I actually passed the embarrassment stage a while ago and am now squarely in couldn't go give a fuck territory.

Luton was the last match I attended and that was only due to it being Boxing Day. Since then I have listened in or watched the odd stream intermittently, whilst doing other things.

Yesterday I turned off when the 2nd went in and focussed on making a nice dinner for the family.

Fuck this season.

Prior to this season I’d never left more than a couple of minutes early and that was a rare occasion.

Newcastle game I left at 6-0.

Yesterday I was wanting to leave when the third went in. I went on the fourth. I just couldn’t stomach what I thought was going to be a record Premier League hammering. I’m actually relieved it ended up being only five.

And I’m not embarrassed to admit leaving that early one bit.

For years I have said that I am disillusioned with football in general especially since 1992 but I will always support the Blades through thick and thin. I don’t love or hate our owner but I can't see anyone richer than him being interested in taking over our club because we have never been a glamorous club etc. We are definitely a better run club than the likes of Wendy, Birmingham City and Derby County.
I always am disappointed when we lose but when I get home I never take it out on my family or my friends when I go out.

You sound just like me Silent more or less how I feel. The game as changed so much yes disillusioned is probably the right word. But
like you say I will always support the Blades.

I don't feel embarrassed, what I do feel is a complete lack of affection for everyone currently representing the club. I wouldn't care one jot if any player out their yesterday didn't play for us again, or if Wilder fucked off out the back door again pronto. I don't like any of them and I wouldn't care if I never saw any of them in our colours again.

Yes - losing to the likes of Fleetwood and Crawley. The humilation is a bit more public eye right now (because it is the PL) but the L1 hell was worse.

Don't take this the wrong way, but in a masochistic sort of a way I'm not totally hating this season.

Obviously I want to win every game, that goes without saying, but I'd resigned myself from the start that weren't good enough and now go expecting us to lose most games. The games that hurt are those losses to Luton and Burnley. Most of the others are expected and beating teams like Wolves or even the draw with Villa are worth celebrating.
Even when we score first, even against Palace, you know the chances are we're still going to concede, probably 2 or 3, and lose.

Last year every game mattered, every minute important, this year, it's like, yeah, never mind, brilliant if we win or even draw, lose, it's to be expected really. Shame and some performances have been dreadful which can't be excused but in the grand scheme we are where we are and where most of us expected us to be.

What I hate more than anything is the blatant playacting, moaning, very poor decisions and the way we are being represented in the media who seem to think we should just go and spend money we haven't got on players we can't afford just to entertain them, compete with teams who have been here for years and we can't compete with and sod the financial security of the club, doesn't matter to them, they'll be another one along next year to take our place, in fact they'll probably then criticise us for spending money we didn't have.

Yes - losing to the likes of Fleetwood and Crawley. The humilation is a bit more public eye right now (because it is the PL) but the L1 hell was worse.

At least with League One you could turn up and think "United might win today". There's none of that now.

Of course whether maybe losing to Fleetwood or definitely losing to Villa is a worse experience is up to the individual.

The current predicament really hurts just give Wilder another million and fuck him off let’s get a man in who knows the modern game
Not disagreeing with you on this. I was surprised that he came back to us and I see it as a risk but we are not as dire as we were under Hecky this season.

This is the lowest and most embarrassed I've felt. Yes we've had worse sides and been much lower but I've never seen us with nothing to play for by February. I'm seriously thinking of not bothering with the Brighton game. I get 2 days off a week and I'm wondering whether I could spend my time better then trudging to a game that means absolutely nothing. Despite how bad we were, I never felt like that in the Adkins season because there was always the silly hope we could put a run together and make the play offs.

75-76 season relegation under Sirrel was a nightmare
The season before my first appearance, only other one that springs to mind was 77/78 when we lost to Arsenal 5-0 in the cup , 1-5 home to Bolton & 6-2 at Sunderland but we finished mid table that season

Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?​

Nothing could ever make me own up to being embarrassed to be a Blade,(embarrassed,upset,angry at Results yes) but not for being a Blade.

Its shit being the whipping boys week in week out in the Premier League i dont like it nobody likes it,there will be more thrashings along the way ive no doubt.

Being a Blade ive witnessed some heartbreaking defeats in my time as others will have,Walsall/ Givens and what that meant,Boxing Day Massacre,Wembley v Pigs,Play off final v Wolves,and there are many more.
Yep was at all those ⚔️

I was initially disappointed that for most of Saturday I’d been best mates with the toilet, and didn’t fancy trusting my arthritic knee to help me scuttle rapidly to the facilities on the Kop or in the Albion without the need for a launderette, and perhaps a pressure washer.

So I took the wise decision to stay at home, where there was a nice warm fire, and the telly, and as I’d got the house to myself no danger of Chateau SV’s sole lavatory being occupied by some interloper thus enabling me to ease the trouble in my innards at what was extremely short notice for most of Saturday afternoon and early evening.

I turned the match off after the second goal, put a nice programme about old cars on, and had a few looks on here and Xwitter to follow our progress, with the small though that at least if we had some kind of epiphany and decided to play some football with even a resemblance of competence then I could always change the channel back to the football. It was not to be. And to be honest, collapsing at the top of the Kop steps in a puddle of my own fetid liquid shit would have been preferable to watching the whole debacle that some hardy souls with a more reliable digestive tract than mine managed to sit through.

But embarrassed? No. There’s worse things to be than embarrassed about the football team you support.

At the stage where the fourth went in I just did a high pitched slightly hysterical laugh and got pissed up.

This is the lowest and most embarrassed I've felt. Yes we've had worse sides and been much lower but I've never seen us with nothing to play for by February.
This was the league table after our 1-0 defeat at Arsenal (crowd 14,477) on 31st January 1976. My dad took me and my 3 mates from my boarding school near Newbury to Highbury that day.

1707049402267.png

This was the league table after our 1-0 defeat at Arsenal (crowd 14,477) on 31st January 1976. My dad took me and my 3 mates from my boarding school near Newbury to Highbury that day.
I was there too. Absolutely bloody freezing cold. There weren't many Blades fans there that day, so we may have been stood next to each other.

Back
Top Bottom