Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Being a shit, skint, dysfunctional League One club is not good, at least if you piss League One you've probably got the best part of a Championship side ready.
Being a shit, skint, dysfunctional Premier League club that doesn't have a Championship side ready is worse

People will bring up Adkins and the league one years I’m sure but fuck me, have we ever been so fucking embarrassing on an international stage so consistently?

This is fucking shite. I left after the third goal today and I didnt feel a fucking thing. We deserve to be remembered as one of the worst teams in Premier League history.

Every single one of our players should be fucking ashamed of the part they have played in one of the most pathetic teams in English footballing history.
it's a 60 year no from me. I have stopped going due to poor mental health being made worse by this depressing set of tossers.

Being a shit, skint, dysfunctional League One club is not good, at least if you piss League One you've probably got the best part of a Championship side ready.
Being a shit, skint, dysfunctional Premier League club that doesn't have a Championship side ready is worse
But it keeps us on our toes though. Better than being a boring club like Birmingham or Preston where nowt happens

I've never been embarrassed to be a Blade, why the fuck would I? Nobody forced me to take a shine to the club, nobody promised me a rose garden so fuck being embarrassed for something that I chose to become.

If it embarrasses you, feel free to fuck right off because you aren't a fan. Days like today hurt, a lot but that's life. Stick your chest out, smack anybody in the mouth who gives you any shit and crack on.

Never got the 'ashamed to be a Blade' bollocks that I've seen from time to time, same with the embarrassed shite.

UTBFTP 👊👊👊
Travelling up and down the country for years qualifies me as a fan but if you wanna play the bigger blade game then I bow down to you as the most massive fan ever. See you in league 2 when you’ve clapped us all the way down there

We have had far far worse teams than this one but which ever division they have played in they have been competing with the teams around them. The last time we were relegated from the Premier league we hardly competed but this lot is not even competing most games, we are so far off the pace. Other teams are miles better compared to us, on both occasions Wilder had a big part in it. Makes you wonder if he is any good above mid championship level maybe momentum and luck took us to his promotion to the Premier league and a challenge for a top six place.

Travelling up and down the country for years qualifies me as a fan but if you wanna play the bigger blade game then I bow down to you as the most massive fan ever. See you in league 2 when you’ve clapped us all the way down there

Why travel up and down the country, only to feel embarrassed? Nobody's doing the bigger Blade bollocks, I don't get why you'd follow something that embarrasses you.

People will bring up Adkins and the league one years I’m sure but fuck me, have we ever been so fucking embarrassing on an international stage so consistently?

This is fucking shite. I left after the third goal today and I didnt feel a fucking thing. We deserve to be remembered as one of the worst teams in Premier League history.

Every single one of our players should be fucking ashamed of the part they have played in one of the most pathetic teams in English footballing history.
Maybe the players should be ashamed but not to forget who brought them to the club after watching them presumably and buying/loaning them,maybe whoever was responsible for them being here,has also a lot to answer for.

No I haven’t and it’s down to the Prince. He’s made us the biggest laughing stock and potentially the worst premier league club ever. Message to PA: If you have any respect for us whatsoever FFS reduce the selling price and sell ASAP - we don’t fuckin deserve this!
We need to step up this. Where's all the 4 years of Prem many millions, sponsor money, attendance money, hospitality money gone? That we need to build a Prem challenging side with freebies, loans & offers of contacts to existing players on bottom of the Championship wages. Abdullah must be raking in the money, for the past 4 years, into his United World bank account. While s pittance comes back for freebies & loans. Any shill or arse hole creeper who comes on here praising him needs sectioning. All our ex players & legends are in agreement with this. They can't all be wrong!

We need to step up this. Where's all the 4 years of Prem many millions, sponsor money, attendance money, hospitality money gone? That we need to build a Prem challenging side with freebies, loans & offers of contacts to existing players on bottom of the Championship wages. Abdullah must be raking in the money, for the past 4 years, into his United World bank account. While s pittance comes back for freebies & loans. Any shill or arse hole creeper who comes on here praising him needs sectioning. All our ex players & legends are in agreement with this. They can't all be wrong!

Nice rant, can you prove any of it?

You’re not allowed to admit you’re embarrassed because you’ll get told either:

a) it was worse back int day
b) pigs are worse

For me it’s global embarrassment factor and the fact that we seem to be breaking more records for shitness than is acceptable.

It could always be worse, however at least in league 1 only a handful of people know you’re wank because you’re pretty much irrelevant.

It’s been spent on the running costs of the club, as has been explained to you on numerous occasions. Bad decisions were made, however there isn’t some mysterious black hole into which the money has disappeared.

Abdullah and/or UW can’t take any money for himself without the accounts reflecting this, they don't apart from 2 or 3 million £ to UW over the last couple of years so stop bleating on about it.

Here in the States, literally no one gives a shit about Sheffield United. Well, almost no one, any way that's one international country that we are not an embarrassment too.

Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?​

Nothing could ever make me own up to being embarrassed to be a Blade,(embarrassed,upset,angry at Results yes) but not for being a Blade.

Its shit being the whipping boys week in week out in the Premier League i dont like it nobody likes it,there will be more thrashings along the way ive no doubt.

Being a Blade ive witnessed some heartbreaking defeats in my time as others will have,Walsall/ Givens and what that meant,Boxing Day Massacre,Wembley v Pigs,Play off final v Wolves,and there are many more.

Nope and ever will be, 100% blade no matter what,. Yes we are shit and our club is a shambles... it always has been apart from 1st wilder season in prem..

I will never stop supporting our team. I've been here during all the low times and never left early and never will.

Proud to be a blade, there's much worse we could all be. We are just not good enough for the Premier league at the minute with the current ownership. Never be embarrassed of your roots.

Here in the States, literally no one gives a shit about Sheffield United. Well, almost no one, any way that's one international country that we are not an embarrassment too.
When I play football a few of the lads look at my training top and ask who it is. That’s about it!

The League One days were really rough. But at least back then there was genuine hope that brighter days higher up the league lay ahead someday, "the only way is up!" type of thinking. So we were embarrassing but we had HOPE.

Whereas currently our thinking is "there is zero point getting out of the Championship without a new rich owner. No happier days higher up than the Championship lie ahead, why bother?" It feels totally HOPELESS. Extremely depressing.

However there's a caveat.. Wilder showed in 19/20 that you can cause shock in the Prem, just as Luton are showing now. The main thing is "DON'T SELL YOUR BEST PLAYERS UPON GAINING PROMOTION". But also we were so much more convincing in our 18/19 promotion than in 22/23... we had a system, we looked like we had a real gameplan. If Wilder can get that going again in the Championship, then maybe there's a chance with proper momentum (and not selling our star players) that we could have a better time in the Prem than this season. The problem is it's so hard to have any faith in our recruitment now, and so hard to trust we won't sell the family silver at the most painful time possible.

So for me its not the most embarrassing time, but it's probably the most hopeless and depressing time.

It's always darkest before the dawn though right?

I have never lived in Sheffield. But I am a Blade because I am my father’s son. My son has never lived in England. But he is a Blade because he is my son. My family are Blades and I’ll never be embarrassed to a Blade.

I’m more amazed people weren’t expecting this more after we sold our 2 best players and replaced them with utter shite.

We would have been 10th in the Championship with Illiman. Then we let all the players contracts run down and signed worse players than we currently have.

Our team would probably finish 16th in Championship.

It’s gone past the stage of embarrassment

Conceding 5 goals is becoming the norm. That isn’t the Sheffield United I grew up with.
This bunch of wankers have no fight, no personality.

People moan about all the out of contract players in the summer, why would you want any of this lot back again? They don’t give a shit about this club.

Rip the squad up and start again, build with the promising youth Arblaster, brooks, Osula.

I don’t blame Wilder, the problems lie deeper than that, years of poor planning have led to this. He’s made mistakes such as Anel captain, but I think he was hoping giving it him would get a positive reaction from him and improve performances but he’s clearly just not up to it.

The club don’t deserve this fanbase at the moment!

Not embarrassed to be a Blade at all.

I will run the gauntlet of abuse at work tomorrow from fans of Liverpool, Man Utd and Leeds who rarely, if ever, go to games and I don't give a damn. A few years ago people I know and sometimes people I didn't know were stopping me in the street when they saw my colours to talk about my club for a different reason. Meanwhile, Lineker, Shearer and Wright were creaming their shorts every time we were on MOTD.

In other words, football has given us ups and downs with this one definitely being a down but if I know one thing it's this, we will have our day again.

I don’t know if I’m embarrassed but it is genuinely one of the shittest experiences I can remember being a blade.

The League One years were dismal but at least you could be hopeful we had a chance in most games. This season I’ve seen people trying to be positive about only losing by two goals?

I know it sounds cliche but the one thing United have always had is passion and pride. Other fans might not rate our team, but Bramall Lane was always seen as a tough place to go. It always felt we could give anyone a game there. To lose 5-0 and 8-0 to teams in the same division is embarrassing.

We can point to the gap in money, but Luton have less resources than us and they went up to Newcastle yesterday and scored 4.

I’m not embarrassed to be a blade but the results and performances are embarrassing.

We’ve tried to run a Premier League campaign on what looks to me like a mid-table Championship side.

Back
Top Bottom