Has the famous bbc finished

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reading this thread brings me to the conclusion that most of us of a certain age must have spent every Saturday and some week nights between august and may in the 70s and early 80s totally off our faces and so can't selectively remember anything that we did to be classed as cheeky rascals (that's what big dave the Sargeant from West bar used to call us ) ;):D

Reading this thread brings me to the conclusion that most of us of a certain age must have spent every Saturday and some week nights between august and may in the 70s and early 80s totally off our faces and so can't selectively remember anything that we did to be classed as cheeky rascals (that's what big dave the Sargeant from West bar used to call us ) ;):D
Was that the Welsh copper whos patch was London Rd and Ecclesall Rd as well as the Lane end on match days ? He used to come in the place I worked for a coffee and tell us stories about smacking away fans for a laugh !!

Yes and most of us have turned out alright

Yeah, wank wasn't it, having a pub full of lads and pissing yourself on minibuses to away games, remember tho, they weren't real blades fans they were cunts and idiots.....

Yeah, wank wasn't it, having a pub full of lads and pissing yourself on minibuses to away games, remember tho, they weren't real blades fans they were cunts and idiots.....
Watch it Tezza you'll he all the ex John St East Enders on your case:)

Was that the Welsh copper whos patch was London Rd and Ecclesall Rd as well as the Lane end on match days ? He used to come in the place I worked for a coffee and tell us stories about smacking away fans for a laugh !!
Always used to stand back of kop (he must have been 6 foot 6 and same across ) he used to do city centre and desk on west bar if he said come here f**k me you went :eek:
Them steps in West bar where really slippy (or so I was told)

Watch it Tezza you'll he all the ex John St East Enders on your case:)
Yeh just remember we were crowd surfing on the John street terrace back in 1960's before iggy pop thought of it and standing up for game's not sat down :p

My memory maybe be playing tricks on me but I'm almost certain he did time. Not seen the guy since the late 70's. Did you know him?
Yes pal, not putting names on here though, still see on London Rd after home games.
My memory maybe be playing tricks on me but I'm almost certain he did time. Not seen the guy since the late 70's. Did you know him?

I have not asked for a name. Nor would I expect to see one. But I will PM you if the site has the facility.

A family friend of ours told me a story once about a bloke who was playing at The Music Factory (I think, might have been another club). He got told the BBC were coming but, because he wasn't from round here, chose to do his hair and spruce up whilst still spinning records...The lad thought the TV cameras were coming down to film him :D

He was quite confused as to why everyone else was trying to lock the doors up. Why on earth wouldn't they let the BBC in?

It all started going down hill back when Greg Dyke took charge. :)

Claiming that the BBC dealt in illegal substances makes them sound like a para-military organisation rather than a collection of individuals who meet up at certain games. The guy who was murdered was a big Blades fan and your description of him might offend some people.

It wasn't a claim Eddie, it was common knowledge as well as being known by the SYPF. As for offending some people, perhaps if they'd known the chap in question and some of the activities in question, then maybe his 'folk hero' status might vanish.

Where dealers and security almost always do have some kind of relationship is that the security will 'tax' the dealers on the drugs they sell inside the club

By most accounts, the Blade that was murdered was killed for doing exactly the same thing.

It wasn't a claim Eddie, it was common knowledge as well as being known by the SYPF. As for offending some people, perhaps if they'd known the chap in question and some of the activities in question, then maybe his 'folk hero' status might vanish.

Some of the BBC were drug dealers, but your description paints a picture of a mafia-type organisation which is laughable. I realise that you had a hard time and that your business was affected, but I'm guessing that the people who would get offended did know him.

Indeed Itsinyerblood, indeed...

Being a "lad" and being "game" is one thing, being a vicious petty criminal is another.

There's been a long history of trouble between Blades and doormen at the venue in question.

A good friend of mine ended up on life support after getting his skull smashed in by a bouncer down there.

This was well before it became the Music Factory, it would have been the Locarno or maybe even still Tiffs.

Sorry for the delay, been in hospital all week.

Yes, Gary. I believe he's still about but had no contact for years. He was assistant manager all the while I was there.

Is that the same Gary who managed the Limit during its final years? Ex-Drummer from a local band?

Some of the BBC were drug dealers, but your description paints a picture of a mafia-type organisation which is laughable. I realise that you had a hard time and that your business was affected, but I'm guessing that the people who would get offended did know him.

Eddie, all I wrote was that drug dealing was an activity that the BBC were active in. If you choose to interpret that as a gang being chased by Interpol that's your affair mate. Read what I said and then put it in a local context, that way it'll make sense.

By most accounts, the Blade that was murdered was killed for doing exactly the same thing.

You're correct Eddie. No local names mentioned of course, but said individual was someone who was regarded as 'tasty' by his peers, but as the head doorman at the time, a certain Chris Bailey from Nottingham, was someone that our local hero wouldn't confront I guess it's all a question of big fish and then even bigger fish. To me. all of this reeks of tragic chasing after status and money, and the remains are probably fatherless children, go figure.

You're correct Eddie. No local names mentioned of course, but said individual was someone who was regarded as 'tasty' by his peers, but as the head doorman at the time, a certain Chris Bailey from Nottingham, was someone that our local hero wouldn't confront I guess it's all a question of big fish and then even bigger fish. To me. all of this reeks of tragic chasing after status and money, and the remains are probably fatherless children, go figure.

Someone you paid money to was alleged in court to be doing the same thing (taxing drug dealers). You seem to be taking some pride in being connected with him, yet the Blade who was murdered you refer to as a "big BBC twat", before pointing out that your man has a much "tastier" reputation.
Would you not consider this hypocritical?

Someone you paid money to was alleged in court to be doing the same thing (taxing drug dealers). You seem to be taking some pride in being connected with him, yet the Blade who was murdered you refer to as a "big BBC twat", before pointing out that your man has a much "tastier" reputation.
Would you not consider this hypocritical?

Eddie, you are now glued into assumption territory regarding myself. I managed the club, I did not own it. As regards what may, or may not, have transpired with the BBC and other individuals, please don't attempt to imagine what my role or duties were. I never paid, or authorised payment of any type, to anyone employed or not employed by the club. What other employees, sub-contractors, or owners of the club chose to do was done without my knowledge. I hope that's clear to you.

The fact that you say I took 'pride' in an action concerning drugs is completely wrong and incorrect. You quoted me as using the term 'big BBC twat'. Can you identify where I used this phrase? You've shown a talent for misinterpretation on a major scale, so please read what I write carefully before quoting words or phrases that never existed. If you wish further exchanges about this then PM me, otherwise I will not respond on here. Not because I'm concerned, but as you appear to want to show negatives that never existed I don't want to waste my time correcting you.

Eddie, you are now glued into assumption territory regarding myself. I managed the club, I did not own it. As regards what may, or may not, have transpired with the BBC and other individuals, please don't attempt to imagine what my role or duties were. I never paid, or authorised payment of any type, to anyone employed or not employed by the club. What other employees, sub-contractors, or owners of the club chose to do was done without my knowledge. I hope that's clear to you.

The fact that you say I took 'pride' in an action concerning drugs is completely wrong and incorrect. You quoted me as using the term 'big BBC twat'. Can you identify where I used this phrase? You've shown a talent for misinterpretation on a major scale, so please read what I write carefully before quoting words or phrases that never existed. If you wish further exchanges about this then PM me, otherwise I will not respond on here. Not because I'm concerned, but as you appear to want to show negatives that never existed I don't want to waste my time correcting you.

You must have been the only person who didn't know what the door staff were up to. It was common knowledge and as you said, you managed the club.

You must have been the only person who didn't know what the door staff were up to. It was common knowledge and as you said, you managed the club.

Sean, for the sake of clarity I'll explain so there's no misunderstanding. The club in question was in constant change regarding ownership. It was known as The Music Factory (now it's a branch of Sainsbury's) while I was there. Before my tenure it was known as The Palais, and it was there that the bulk of the trouble commented on happened. So please don't fall into the same trap as assuming I was aware of any of this, because I wasn't. The Palais had it's own, and excessive, history of trouble. When the new owners of this site took over we communicated with the police to such an extent that it was hoped we could eradicate such behaviour. Whatever happened under my wing it had nothing to do with payments regarding court appearances, unless of course you can provide evidence rather than unspecific suggestions.

Sean, for the sake of clarity I'll explain so there's no misunderstanding. The club in question was in constant change regarding ownership. It was known as The Music Factory (now it's a branch of Sainsbury's) while I was there. Before my tenure it was known as The Palais, and it was there that the bulk of the trouble commented on happened. So please don't fall into the same trap as assuming I was aware of any of this, because I wasn't. The Palais had it's own, and excessive, history of trouble. When the new owners of this site took over we communicated with the police to such an extent that it was hoped we could eradicate such behaviour. Whatever happened under my wing it had nothing to do with payments regarding court appearances, unless of course you can provide evidence rather than unspecific suggestions.

I frequented the place in its various guises so forget the history lesson. It isn't an unspecific suggestion its a fact what the door staff were doing. Which had a great deal to do with the ongoing trouble in the first place.You didn't know, your staff didn't know, but plenty did. Whoever owned the club is irrelevant to the conversation because presumably they weren't aware either despite court cases.

I frequented the place in its various guises so forget the history lesson. It isn't an unspecific suggestion its a fact what the door staff were doing. Which had a great deal to do with the ongoing trouble in the first place.You didn't know, your staff didn't know, but plenty did. Whoever owned the club is irrelevant to the conversation because presumably they weren't aware either despite court cases.

I didn't know.

Back
Top Bottom