CONFIRMED Harry Maguire - Signed for Hull City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Eyup lads, Hull fan in peace. Now i must say i don't know anything about the lad Maguire, i didn't even notice him at Wemblee. But having read through this thread, i can see a lot of you aren't too chuffed to lose him,even though the price (anywhere between 2 and 3m) is a very good one for a div 3 defender.

Some of you even believe he might play for England ??? Now you do realise we have signed him as a development player ? Now this won't mean he'll play in our reserves, as our reserve set up is frankly pathetic for a prem club. As you will know, we are in the Europa league this season, and that's where Harry will get his games,as well as the other cup games.

In those games he'll have to rapidly show he is even ready for our bench. Before he can even think about getting past Davies and Chester, he'll need to get past Paul Mcshane, Alex Bruce and possibly, Brede Hangeland. Harry has a lot to prove.

Anyway, if he's anything like as good as Stephen Quinn, we'll be more than happy.

You stole Stephen Quinn from us for peanuts. The fee was undisclosed but your twat of a manager decides to gloat in the press how he took our best player from us for nothing. Very honorable. Then you deprive us of an FA Cup final and we have to put up with indignity of Hull fans coming on to this forum and patting us on the head, 'Aw, didn't little Sheffield United play well'. Now you have taken our latest academy product and arguably best player and have decided to tell us all he probably wont play.

Your team is entering a West Ham level of hatred and i sincerely hope your Premiership bubble bursts and you join them in the relegation zone come May.

Your team is entering a West Ham level of hatred and i sincerely hope your Premiership bubble bursts and you join them in the relegation zone come May.

Really? I don't see anything that this poster has done or said that is anything other than being interested in their new signing. So it comes across patronising (if you have a chip on each shoulder).

Best of luck to Harry, best of luck to Hull. I would rather see 20 of them in the Premiership buying primarily English talent from the lower leagues than Chelsea and Man City taking foreigners from wherever and paying them astronomical wages.

If Harry plays for Hull in the Premiership it will be another Blade along with the Kyles, Jags and Lowton (off the top of my head). I think actually we should be looking as to why they left rather than kicking ten bells out of the teams they left for.

As we discussed the other day, that was then and this is now. I think that expecting today's footballers to behave by the standards of the 70's is rather utopian.

So you go down the line of every young person has a strop and won't play? Don't agree. I think the majority may well strop but they will then get on with the job in hand. Its not asking people to behave like those of yesteryear as much as it is about someone making a stand and getting players to honour their contract. They were happy enough to sign it in the first place. Perhaps if more teams did that then player power wouldn't be rife throughout our game.

So you go down the line of every young person has a strop and won't play? Don't agree. I think the majority may well strop but they will then get on with the job in hand. Its not asking people to behave like those of yesteryear as much as it is about someone making a stand and getting players to honour their contract. They were happy enough to sign it in the first place. Perhaps if more teams did that then player power wouldn't be rife throughout our game.

As I said earler, it's about whether you want to cut off your nose to spite your face on a point of principle. Like it or lump it, a player playing when he wants to be elsewhere is not likely to be as effective as a player who is happy to be there. As I have said, I think it is an entirely reasonable decsion to take £2.5M for a dissatisfied very good 3rd division defender and spend the money on 2-3 good 3rd division players for whom playing for SUFC would be a step up (if we do that).

As I said earler, it's about whether you want to cut off your nose to spite your face on a point of principle. Like it or lump it, a player playing when he wants to be elsewhere is not likely to be as effective as a player who is happy to be there. As I have said, I think it is an entirely reasonable decsion to take £2.5M for a dissatisfied very good 3rd division defender and spend the money on 2-3 good 3rd division players for whom playing for SUFC would be a step up (if we do that).

Therein lies the crux of the matter:
  • Selling Maguire is a bad decision if we don't reinvest the money

• Selling Maguire is a good decision if we invest the money in players who are going to improve the team. I'd also like to see us moving away from the old policy of signing players at or past their peak and going for those who should improve and gain in value.

Southampton's latest wantaway player is Morgan Schneiderlin. They picked him up for a nominal fee from Strasbourg aged 18 and now, 6 years later, he's the subject of a £25m bid from Tottenham. When was the last time we bought a player in and sold him for a profit? Blackman?

The other thing we need to do is play the players who are going to improve. Cases in point for me are McGahey and Reed. Yes, there may be better options in their position at the moment but not by much and the potential outcome is that we'll end up with two very effective players once they've gained some experience this season.

It's interesting that Chesterfield have turned down a bid for a defender from Leeds this week, now they may come back with another offer or the player may strop and get his transfer, but if would be frustrating if they can hold on to a player and we cant.

It's interesting that Chesterfield have turned down a bid for a defender from Leeds this week, now they may come back with another offer or the player may strop and get his transfer, but if would be frustrating if they can hold on to a player and we cant.

He'll go! The most naive of football fans can answer the simple question, 'Who would you rather play for, Chesterfield or Leeds?'

Southampton's latest wantaway player is Morgan Schneiderlin. They picked him up for a nominal fee from Strasbourg aged 18 and now, 6 years later, he's the subject of a £25m bid from Tottenham.

The Secret Footballer has been tweeting a lot on this deal and the way a transfer works in practice. Is it possible Harry quietly put in a transfer request in the last week too, which simply wasn't revealed to the media? Would also help to explain the sudden sunstrokegate incident.

image.jpg

The Secret Footballer has been tweeting a lot on this deal and the way a transfer works in practice. Is it possible Harry quietly put in a transfer request in the last week too, which simply wasn't revealed to the media? Would also help to explain the sudden sunstrokegate incident.
View attachment 9040

Quite possibly, as that would also explain why our asking price mysteriously dropped. I didn't realise that clubs selling players owed that player anything but it makes sense now - hence us subsidising Blackwell's legacy wages left, right and centre.

Back
Top Bottom