Harrogate area Supporters club

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Empress is used by Harrogate Town fans on match days. When I had a season ticket for Town's first-ever season in the National League (Reyt glory-hunter, me!) I went in there on the three occasions their homes games didn't clash with Blades games and they're a decent bunch. I'm still in touch with them even though I've now moved away from North Leeds. Had we stayed here and should old age have reduced my trips to the Lane, Town (only 25 minutes away by the white-knuckle ride that is the 36 bus) would have been my alternative footy fix. They're doing ok these days as well.
I don't know if they still do but the York City Harrogate supporters group. "Harrogate minster men" used to have supporters club meetings at the Empress, as you can imagine they are not being impressed being in Conference North while Harrogate are in League 2. I have seen a few games at Harrogate if I get chance although not too much recently and don't rely on me to pick the fixtures the last time I went was firstly to a 0-0 draw in the FA Cup against Wrexham in the 4th Qualifying on a Tuesday night then went again on the Saturday again against Wrexham in the league this time and another fantastic 0-0 I think there was about 4 shots on target across both games. Not ones for the neutral!

That's the one I remember. Past Harlow Carr Gardens? Just googled the 'new' one. Near 'Spoons but I've never been in.
I bank with Natwest across the road and never noticed it turned into a pub! I bet they get a fortune from people turning up early to eat at The Ivy and end up going next door. Might have to give it a try sometime

The Empress is used by Harrogate Town fans on match days. When I had a season ticket for Town's first-ever season in the National League (Reyt glory-hunter, me!) I went in there on the three occasions their homes games didn't clash with Blades games and they're a decent bunch. I'm still in touch with them even though I've now moved away from North Leeds. Had we stayed here and should old age have reduced my trips to the Lane, Town (only 25 minutes away by the white-knuckle ride that is the 36 bus) would have been my alternative footy fix. They're doing ok these days as well.
Doing ok is a bit of an understatement.😀

Any Blades in Costa Teguise lanzarote?
I m moving there in November. Long way back for home games though.

Neither had I until My friend told me about it. I'm sure there used to be a Harrogate Arms way outside Harrogate in the 70s. I checked on the internet - it definitely exists :)
The original Harrogate Arms is/was behind Harlow Carr, and is owned by Harlow Carr Gardens/RHS, who I believe intend to redevelop the building whilst retaining the original character. I think live music used to be held there a while back

Funnily enough I was at Harlow Carr Gardens the other week and I was looking at the alterations which will include the old Harrogate Arms - but didn't remember it's name

It may also have been a hotel and spa before that, in a previous life

Back
Top Bottom