Harrogate area Supporters club

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stu_Blade

Reaction score
Hi All,

Maybe a bit of guidance or potential to answer the question here. Does anyone know if there is a Harrogate/North Yorkshire supporters club. I have looked on the branches of the Sufc supporters association but there isn't one there and I have pinged them a message. If not would there be anyone in the Harrogate/North Yorkshire area interested in becoming part of a branch with meetings at a pub and potential for travel to matches especially midweek when it's difficult to get back on trains etc.

You Fill Up My Senses
Like a designer MAMIL
Like a Joules coat and Hunters
Like a botoxed ex-wife
Like a high tea at Betty’s
Like a pair of red trousers
You Fill Up My Senses
Come fill me again!

;)
Definitely sums up the centre of Harrogate fortunately/unfortunately for my bank balance I don't live in the million pound southern estates

Definitely sums up the centre of Harrogate fortunately/unfortunately for my bank balance I don't live in the million pound southern estates

I put the red trousers reference in as I recall Carlton Blade (or another poster) suggested I’d been spotted in Bawtry in a pair of red trousers.

I’ve never been able to live it down. 😊

Hi All,

Maybe a bit of guidance or potential to answer the question here. Does anyone know if there is a Harrogate/North Yorkshire supporters club. I have looked on the branches of the Sufc supporters association but there isn't one there and I have pinged them a message. If not would there be anyone in the Harrogate/North Yorkshire area interested in becoming part of a branch with meetings at a pub and potential for travel to matches especially midweek when it's difficult to get back on trains etc.
Is this in anticipation of watching them against pigs next season?

Hi All,

Guisborough

hi Stu, I live in Killinghall and our boozers have all shut! Work in town. You?

hi Stu, I live in Killinghall and our boozers have all shut! Work in town. You?
That's ashame the Three Horseshoes used to be a good one. In the days I went in, I suppose they don't think about these things when they build new housing estates like they have up your way. I am the other side of town, my local would be I suppose the Woodlands but I go to what is now The Cricketers used to be The Union in Calcutt (technically Knaresborough but only just over the border)

Can any of you Harrogate blades recommend a pub for the England game on Tuesday?
Depends where you are, if you are in the Town centre. The Alex is always a good shout or The Empress on the Stray probably my 2 favourites. The Tap on Tower Street is OK too but not a huge pub so can get crowed. If you are out of the centre towards Knaresborough, the Cricketers at Calcutt definitely recommended . Plenty of choice to be fair

Can any of you Harrogate blades recommend a pub for the England game on Tuesday?
Depends where you are, if you are in the Town centre. The Alex is always a good shout or The Empress on the Stray probably my 2 favourites. The Tap on Tower Street is OK too but not a huge pub so can get crowed. If you are out of the centre towards Knaresborough, the Cricketers at Calcutt definitely recommended . Plenty of choice to be fair
I used to go in the Alex a few years and second Stu_Blade. A friend who frequents Harrogate pubs more than I do suggests The Harrogate Arms on Parliament Street (just down from Bettys and The Ivy).

I used to go in the Alex a few years and second Stu_Blade. A friend who frequents Harrogate pubs more than I do suggests The Harrogate Arms on Parliament Street (just down from Bettys and The Ivy).
No idea where The Harrogate Arms is. The Alex is always a good atmosphere. I fact I watched Bouncing Day in there. Scared the pub to death when Duffy scored. :)

No idea where The Harrogate Arms is.
Neither had I until My friend told me about it. I'm sure there used to be a Harrogate Arms way outside Harrogate in the 70s. I checked on the internet - it definitely exists :)

Neither had I until My friend told me about it. I'm sure there used to be a Harrogate Arms way outside Harrogate in the 70s. I checked on the internet - it definitely exists :)
That's the one I remember. Past Harlow Carr Gardens? Just googled the 'new' one. Near 'Spoons but I've never been in.

The Empress is used by Harrogate Town fans on match days. When I had a season ticket for Town's first-ever season in the National League (Reyt glory-hunter, me!) I went in there on the three occasions their homes games didn't clash with Blades games and they're a decent bunch. I'm still in touch with them even though I've now moved away from North Leeds. Had we stayed here and should old age have reduced my trips to the Lane, Town (only 25 minutes away by the white-knuckle ride that is the 36 bus) would have been my alternative footy fix. They're doing ok these days as well.

Back
Top Bottom