Hamer's free kick

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There was one last week too where instead of playing it into the box, Hamer tried to pass it short to Osborn and kicked it straight out for a goal kick. I normally like us switching it up at set pieces but when we're in the position we are, just stop over complicating it ffs
A bit of smart management would see Hamer relieved of his dead ball duties.
Now, where do we got some smart management from…..

Wes's lack of dribbling skills and Grbićs not quite able to tap the ball in to touch on Sunday should get honorable mentions along with the own goals and sendings off. Video would run for a couple of hours as it is.

It can’t be easy when you’ve gone from looking up and seeing O’Hare and Gyokores scampering away and making intelligent runs, and also a competent defence behind you compared to whatever it is he has now.

Disappointing overall yes but not entirely his fault imo.
Aye
That’ll be when playing for a side (a league below) with teammates “scampering away” to net 15 less goals; “competent” defenders conceding 7 more and accumulating 21 fewer points than his current employers in the same time scale?

Aye
That’ll be when playing for a side (a league below) with teammates “scampering away” to net 15 less goals; “competent” defenders conceding 7 more and accumulating 21 fewer points than his current employers in the same time scale?
… what are you talking about? 😂😂

I don’t think you’re making the point you think you’re making, sweetheart

Absolute dross. Up there with the signing of Brewster in how to waste millions of pounds on useless footballers. The blokes a fraud and needs shipping back to Coventry at the first opportunity.

It can’t be easy when you’ve gone from looking up and seeing O’Hare and Gyokores scampering away and making intelligent runs, and also a competent defence behind you compared to whatever it is he has now.

Disappointing overall yes but not entirely his fault imo.
No one need scamper around for the free kick…basic get it in the box …no hang on a mo I bet I can hit the corner flag

No one need scamper around for the free kick…basic get it in the box …no hang on a mo I bet I can hit the corner flag
Aye
Including the fact that O’Hare “scampered” the sum total of 11 games last season but it’s better to create a (lazy) narrative that other clubs / players were / are ‘better’ - see also current ‘love in’ for Luton

Aye
Or
You don’t think……
Pet
So you don't think Gyokores is better than what we're currently lining up with? Against inferior defenders no less.

And you don't think Coventry's defence, against inferior attacks no less, is better than ours?

Interesting... it sound like you're trying to do a Coventry vs Us from last season. When that's not what I said...

Aye
Precisely that
What makes you think that Im doing “a Coventry vs Us from last season when all I did was directly compare their record with ours from last season ?!?
What relevance does Hamer’s abilities / performances & teammates for Coventry have for his performances in the Prem?
All indications are that Gykorese would likely be more prolific than any of our current forwards (as he was last season) (even) in the Prem - purely conjecture of course
No ‘evidence’ that + Gykores + O’Hare (for 11 outings) + the Cov defence) would ‘improve’
Hamer’s (Premier) performances and is very much moot
Are you suggesting that last years Cov team would be performing better than us (in the Prem) albeit against superior defenders & superior attacks no less ?

Hamer, like Berge, in that neither on their own ability will come into a struggling PL side that's really a Championship side, and make much difference. However, again like Berge, he will play a pivotal role in any promotion attempt next season. I'd still rather Hamer than Berge too I may add.

Hamer, like Berge, in that neither on their own ability will come into a struggling PL side that's really a Championship side, and make much difference. However, again like Berge, he will play a pivotal role in any promotion attempt next season. I'd still rather Hamer than Berge too I may add.
Stop talking shit. Berge is twice the player Hamer has been or will ever be.

Aye
Precisely that
What makes you think that Im doing “a Coventry vs Us from last season when all I did was directly compare their record with ours from last season ?!?
What relevance does Hamer’s abilities / performances & teammates for Coventry have for his performances in the Prem?
All indications are that Gykorese would likely be more prolific than any of our current forwards (as he was last season) (even) in the Prem - purely conjecture of course
No ‘evidence’ that + Gykores + O’Hare (for 11 outings) + the Cov defence) would ‘improve’
Hamer’s (Premier) performances and is very much moot
Are you suggesting that last years Cov team would be performing better than us (in the Prem) albeit against superior defenders & superior attacks no less ?
Who said it would improve his Premier league performances?? What on earth are you on about?

But FWIW Gyokeres is quite literally taking the piss in the Portuguese prem as we speak.

Of course they’re of relevance. Because he looks a shadow of the player and there’s clear reasons for that.

I don’t understand what you’re failing to grasp that a player is obviously going to do a lot better in a settled side…?????

Oh right I’ll wait for this amazing championship player to turn up next season then! Do me a favour. He’s garbage.

I'd be amazed if he suddenly looks like a top end championship player next season. Whoever and whatever he was for Coventry.. he's not that person any more. Bit like Brewster & McBurnie after leaving Swansea.

I'd be amazed if he suddenly looks like a top end championship player next season. Whoever and whatever he was for Coventry.. he's not that person any more. Bit like Brewster & McBurnie after leaving Swansea.
Absolutely. Flash in the pan. There’s some very poor players who have hit a bit of form and looked half decent. Hamer falls into this category.

Mousett for us looked a quality find for half a season.

He wasn't last season for Coventry
There’s a long list of players who have been signed for big money after 1 decent season and been an absolute flop. Means nothing. He will never recapture form like that again.

I had forgot about this free kick.

Thanks for putting it back onto main forum page 😂

Callum Robinson and Luke Freeman were top championship players, sign big money for us then go shite too.

Back
Top Bottom