Pre-Season 17/18 Hallam FC v. Sheffield United XI - 01/08/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brayford gave away a stupid penalty and that was really there only attack.

Thomas showed glimpses of what he is able, very direct runs at people. He could be an excellent sub for the time being!

Lundstram is basically Coutts, but a little more mobile. Hard to really judge him but he looks like he's the potential to do well at this level. Thought after Thomas he was the second best player on the pitch.

Brayford gave away a stupid penalty and that was really there only attack.

Thomas showed glimpses of what he is able, very direct runs at people. He could be an excellent sub for the time being!

Lundstram is basically Coutts, but a little more mobile. Hard to really judge him but he looks like he's the potential to do well at this level. Thought after Thomas he was the second best player on the pitch.

Can I assume from your report that Thomas is one of those players that plays all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order? In other words, gets in the right places but can't finish for toffee?

Surprised on above opinion re:Thomas. Thought he was really wasteful all game He is not as quick as I thought either.

Agree about Lundstram re Coutts comparisons but he is not as mobile but a big lad and would sit in front of defence I feel. We are crying out for some out and out pace up top. The squad is still very slow for me

Can I assume from your report that Thomas is one of those players that plays all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order? In other words, gets in the right places but can't finish for toffee?

Yes! He is not a bad footballer but final product tonight left a lot to be desired

Bearing in mind he's a winger and scored double figures last season in a relegated side, I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before making an assertion like that on him.

I'm on the 'Save the Plough' group and we will be running a stall outside.

We need £120k to reopen this unique pub that is integral to the development of the rules of football and the setting up of both Hallam FC and CC. We've raised £90k so far and are selling shares to the community in £250 units, but even loose change in our buckets will be welcome.

Not sure if Grappler can make it and we will have a Stokie in our group too, but we're happy to chat to anyone about the history of the pub, it's current state and our plans for the future.

I work in retail & leisure property. The selling agents appointed by Enterprise (Fawley Watson Booth in Leeds) circulated their sales particulars to the market by email earlier today. I'm sure you've already seen them, doubt there's any info on there you haven't already seen however I'm sure you can get them on their website. If not let me know and I'll forward them to you somehow.

No mention whatsoever of the Save The Plough campaign or the failed Sainsburys proposals unsurprisingly.

Guide price is £555,000 as you probably already know.

The details appear to be aimed at publicans rather than property developers however don't mention the fact it's opposite a football ground which I find very odd.

The plan on the details shows only the pub and it's immediate grounds, there is no mention of the lease to Hallam FC so the football ground is not part of what is being marketed.

Lundstram is basically Coutts, but a little more mobile. Hard to really judge him but he looks like he's the potential to do well at this level.

Kinell DB, I hope the Northern Counties East League isn't his level :eek:

Bearing in mind he's a winger and scored double figures last season in a relegated side, I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before making an assertion like that on him.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, as I am for all of them, even Freeman and Evans. I referred to this game.

No mention whatsoever of the Save The Plough campaign or the failed Sainsburys proposals unsurprisingly.

No mention of the ACV either which is in place until 2020 and was the main reason the Council turned down Sainsburys. You might think a selling agent might want to point out a 'minor detail' like that. Caveat emptor and all that.

You are correct the football ground is not included as they have a separate lease granted by Whitbread that predates Enterprise.

Interesting to know it is being hawked around retailers though.

No not really, one minute he ghosts past 3 leaving them for dead and plays a good ball in, next minute he's a frustrating player who takes too many touches etc. But he sure does have some talent!

Here is tonight's game in a nutshell; Jake Wright pulled the strings at the back, letting Wallace and Brayford do all the running. Brookes controlled the game at the front, sitting behind Lavery, lots of runs into the box. Hallam were tough and packed their box out.

That is pretty much how it was for most of the night. The result was never going to be in doubt.

Thomas has a shot like a missile, he just needs to compose himself before letting it go.

United made hard work of it whilst being comfortable against very willing opponents.
Lafferty had a very good showing and Brooks was very average most of the time in front of a Man You scout but his movement was still outstanding. Lavery did ok and bagged a brace but Id be amazed if Clarke dosent start alongside Sharp. Lundstrum seemed solid,Thomas looked to run at the defence and Brayford was largely ok. Dont think Wilder will have got too much out of tonight.

No mention of the ACV either which is in place until 2020 and was the main reason the Council turned down Sainsburys. You might think a selling agent might want to point out a 'minor detail' like that. Caveat emptor and all that.

You are correct the football ground is not included as they have a separate lease granted by Whitbread that predates Enterprise.

Maybe the sales agents were never informed about the ACV by Enterprise?

No not really, one minute he ghosts past 3 leaving them for dead and plays a good ball in, next minute he's a frustrating player who takes too many touches etc. But he sure does have some talent!

Thanks. That's interesting and constructive. Worth persevering with and not an obvious waste of time. Could be worthwhile as a starter in time?

United made hard work of it whilst being comfortable against very willing opponents.
Lafferty had a very good showing and Brooks was very average most of the time in front of a Man You scout but his movement was still outstanding. Lavery did ok and bagged a brace but Id be amazed if Clarke dosent start alongside Sharp. Lundstrum seemed solid,Thomas looked to run at the defence and Brayford was largely ok. Dont think Wilder will have got too much out of tonight.

I think Wilder will have been seeing who gets a place on the bench on Saturday.

Thanks. That's interesting and constructive. Worth persevering with and not an obvious waste of time. Could be worthwhile as a starter in time?

He looks good and exciting at times, and ran into dead ends at other times. Definitely worth persevering with.

very average most of the time in front of a Man You scout but his movement was still outstanding

Nick Cox was there tonight, also a number of young uns who I'm assuming are around for the Youdan Cup. He'll already know far more about Brooks than he'd have learned from. Being in attendance tonight, due to his previous role and contacts at the Lane.

Lets hope we see one in the other direction, rather than them taking one of ours.

Yep no mention of the ACV and the details specifically state 'no onerous planning conditions', technically true but sailing pretty close to the wind. Caveat Emptor doesn't afford agents as much protection as it used to given the most recent legislation.

For now the details appear to be squarely aimed at pub operators rather than retailers, however the agent they have chosen very much covers both the retail and leisure sectors extensively.

Good luck anyway, I spent plenty of time in The Plough as a young'un and still have lots of family and mates close by. Would be great to see it thrive again.

Yep no mention of the ACV and the details specifically state 'no onerous planning conditions', technically true but sailing pretty close to the wind. Caveat Emptor doesn't afford agents as much protection as it used to given the most recent legislation.

For now the details appear to be squarely aimed at pub operators rather than retailers, however the agent they have chosen very much covers both the retail and leisure sectors extensively.

Good luck anyway, I spent plenty of time in The Plough as a young'un and still have lots of family and mates close by. Would be great to see it thrive again.

Echo that.

Spent a fair bit of time in there late 90s early 2000s, and be good to see it back to something similar. Certainly thriving then when I went in.

Enterprise certainly are utter cunts though.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, as I am for all of them, even Freeman and Evans. I referred to this game.
I'm all for giving you the benefit of the doubt but your post seemed to me that you was implying what sort of player you thought Thomas was going to be like, just read it back mate.

It was a cracking boozer until around five or six years ago, when there was (what seemed like) a deliberate policy to run the place down and off load it. They took the card machine out, so it was cash only, which put loads of families off, no free wi-fi anymore, closed the kitchen so no food. The middle management went bust a couple of times, only to resurface a few days later under a new name, yet Enterprise were happy to leave them in charge.

I looked at it in 2005 when it was available. Needed a lot of investment and Enterprises terms were ridiculous. It was closed at the time and the available historic trading figures were awful. Sentiment means nothing in business,be it a box making factory or a pub. If the numbers aren't right it closes. The reality is The Plough has failed. It hasn't been supported by the community that now see it as a community asset. A very common occurrence in areas like this. Maybe money will be raised for it to reopen as a freehold pub. Maybe not and it will go to change of use. Not the first,not the last. Use it or lose it was the slogan for this situation years ago. Frankly countless far more important pubs in Sheffield have gone than this gaff.

I looked at it in 2005 when it was available. Needed a lot of investment and Enterprises terms were ridiculous. It was closed at the time and the available historic trading figures were awful. Sentiment means nothing in business,be it a box making factory or a pub. If the numbers aren't right it closes. The reality is The Plough has failed. It hasn't been supported by the community that now see it as a community asset. A very common occurrence in areas like this. Maybe money will be raised for it to reopen as a freehold pub. Maybe not and it will go to change of use. Not the first,not the last. Use it or lose it was the slogan for this situation years ago. Frankly countless far more important pubs in Sheffield have gone than this gaff.

I would be interested to know what pubs you refer to as "far more important"? The Plough is unique in footballing terms.

Can't remember exactly who had the pub in 2005, think that was when Paul did a runner and it shut for a few weeks?

Back
Top Bottom