Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grbić looks shocking but, to give him his due, he’s moved abroad into an unfamiliar situation behind a team that’s been letting in loads of goals anyway. It’s hardly a good situation to begin with.
Unfamiliar situation??? His job is to stand between the regulation sized goal posts and stop the ball flying past him, the dopey cunt can't kick, can't jump, can't save, gets nowhere near the ball, he must think he has won the lottery getting a contact with us

Lee Baxter is simply not comparible to Grbic. He had one game, 2 goals.

Does anybody at this point know (without looking) how many goals Grbic has conceded? I have lost count. How many shots has he actually stopped? It has compounded many times over what Baxter did, due to the amount of appearances Garbage has had.

It has got to the point now where the season highlights video can have its own spin-off video highlighting Grbic's own version of being a goalkeeper in professional football.

Does anybody at this point know (without looking) how many goals Grbic has conceded? I have lost count. How many shots has he actually stopped? It has compounded many times over what Baxter did, due to the amount of appearances Garbage has had.

It has got to the point now where the season highlights video can have its own spin-off video highlighting Grbic's own version of being a goalkeeper in professional football.

The stats for him are terrible and it's best you don't look at them.

Got me wondering today - which transaction weakened the side most significantly: swapping Ndiaye for Hamer (I know they don’t play the same position really, but it’s sort of where we spent the money), or swapping Wes for Grbic?

Got me wondering today - which transaction weakened the side most significantly: swapping Ndiaye for Hamer (I know they don’t play the same position really, but it’s sort of where we spent the money), or swapping Wes for Grbic?

The former by a country light year

The former by a country light year
I was thinking the same in terms of Ndiaye having such a massive impact on the team, but then if EVERY decent shot is a certain goal in your own net … that’s quite a significant other side of the coin. Goals make such a difference.

I was thinking the same in terms of Ndiaye having such a massive impact on the team, but then if EVERY decent shot is a certain goal in your own net … that’s quite a significant other side of the coin. Goals make such a difference.

We could have had peak Yashin in goal today and still lost

Just need to put this guy and us out of our misery. He really shouldn't play for our club again. And that applies to a fair few others as well. That said, GK is such a key position and the shit show we've witnessed mean (for me) that there's no way back and no future for this lad at BDTBL. It would be best for everyone to remove him from the firing line. Enough is enough.

Anyone who says Grbic is our worst ever keeper clearly wasn’t at Burnley 20 years ago to witness Lee Baxter’s only 45 minutes of English football.
I think we’re ranking him against the ones we’ve stuck with. We at least realised the error if our ways with Baxter after 45 minutes. 😀

Before today, Grbic was conceding over one goal PER GAME more than he should, according to xG. Obviously it's an overly simplistic way of looking at it, but if you take away one of our conceded goals in every game he's played, that's 8 more points. I'd argue he cost us points today as well.

Ndiaye would have definitely secured us a few more points this season, but there's definitely an argument that the goalkeeper swap has had a bigger impact.

If we'd kept both Ndiaye and Wes, I think we'd have enough extra points to stay up.

O M G hope he’s not first choice next season league 1 here we come 25/26 never been a keeper don’t who scouted him but they want sacking

Someone put some stats up showing he had easily the worst stats in top flight European football - by a country mile.

He's always been crap, those that drunk the kool aid will tell you differently though. They were wrong then and they are wrong now. He's stealing a living as a professional goalkeeper.

Whilst I've been out at the Lane this afternoon, my dog has been perfecting his Grbic impressions. I think he's done a good job 👍

Attachments

• IMG-20240420-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20240420-WA0010.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
Before today, Grbic was conceding over one goal PER GAME than he should, according to xG. Obviously it's an overly simplistic way of looking at it, but if you take away one of our conceded goals in every game he's played, that's 8 more points. I'd argue he cost us points today as well.

No keeper in the world is stopping either their third or fourth. The other two would need world class reflexes to even stand a chance of keeping them out, and even that might not have been enough. Costing us points today? That's one hell of a claim, show your work

No keeper in the world is stopping either their third or fourth. The other two would need world class reflexes to even stand a chance of keeping them out, and even that might not have been enough. Costing us points today? That's one hell of a claim, show your work
We were easily the better side when he conceded the first one. The games completely different after that.

He's a big lad. Maybe he could play left sided centre half.

I’ve been holding off because I refuse to believe he’s as bad as his form. You don’t get to play for Atletico Madrid playing like this. In fact, you don’t get to play anywhere…

But my amateur eye tells me his footwork is just too ponderous for him be a really good keeper. His handling seems ok, but his movement just looks cripplingly bad.

I really hope his contract reflects his showings. We can’t be paying generous money for a championship reserve.

Unfamiliar situation??? His job is to stand between the regulation sized goal posts and stop the ball flying past him, the dopey cunt can't kick, can't jump, can't save, gets nowhere near the ball, he must think he has won the lottery getting a contact with us
🤣🤣

We were easily the better side when he conceded the first one. The games completely different after that.
And so was our defence. They stood and watched for the second, and then went absent without leave for the remainder of the match, not managing a worthwhile challenge between them for the third and fourth. The midfield left them largely exposed, making matters worse.
Buying a new centre half pairing is our biggest priority during the summer transfer window, with emphasis on aerial dominance and fleetness of foot. We need others too, including a new goalkeeper option. Grbic doesn't look good enough, but todays scapegoating is ridiculous and ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom