Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That boy at Rotherham looked good again tonight. Assume it's the same guy we've been linked to before?

I was at the Millers game tonight and can confirm that Johanssen fully deserved his MOTM award. Good distribution (when he had options), excellent shot stopping and made a great 1 on 1 stop. If the rumoured relegation release fee is £750k it would be absolutely criminal if we didn't sign this lad.

Also seemed a nice lad when dealing with kids upon receiving his MOTM award.

No we shouldn't have waited til next season, its better we know how shite he is now, rather than finding out after hes taken us to rock bottom in the Championship.

At first reading that comment may seem somewhat over dramatic , but I nave to say that ithere is a distinct possibility that it may not be an over exaggeration.

From his very first appearance for us it has been obvious that he has serious weaknesses in his game and if we do persevere with him next season , we could be in trouble right from the start .

Ever done it? Properly as a career? Over many seasons behind good and bad teams and using different schemes? If not, you have no idea. Well done. You’ve watched. But never done nor understood what it means or takes to be a keeper. Yes in 76 years (you in your 90’s now) he’s not the best we’ve had but ffs he’s allowed to use four limbs? Seriously?
Replying as recognition I've read your, questioning, reply.
I would have thought it better if you could have given reasons why the two present goalkeeping incumbent's, at Bramall Lane, are of a standard expected, historically, by the the club and it's supporters. 'Cos they ain't.
Attacking me is kind of "owlish" behaviour, that's abart the lowest level I can put you, masquerading as a Blade.
You are a Blade????? No?
Please excuse the belated reply, except we nonagenarians tend to be on the slow side. UTB.
Xero is better 😉
Nar!
MYOB every time, speaking as a nonagenarian, that is.
One could also use KYBO, just a suggestion.
I don't know where all these ideas come from, must be the nonagenarian coming out in me.

With the power and movement (aided hugely by the modern ball) that modern players can generate on shots and crosses, if a keeper is going to come and catch a ball from either, as opposed to punching, parrying etc, he's got to be pretty damn sure he's going to claim it 100% of the time, as the downside is much larger. The textbook example is Man United's second goal against Arsenal last season at the Emirates, where a corner comes in and Ramsdale, for whatever reason, tries to reach and catch the cross on the edge of the six yard box rather than punching it halfway to Finchley Park, and he spills it right to the shortest player on the park who scores a free header. As a keeper, if you are not guaranteed to get possession, then priority one is to get the ball into an area where the opposition is going to be fairly unlikely to score.

Additionally, if a shot comes in and the keeper is under no immediate pressure, by "patting down" the shot he keeps the play active. The clock from when he needs to release the ball from his hands doesn't start if the ball is not in his hands, which in the context of eating up time in a game away to Liverpool where the result is still in question and we're not chasing the game, is a perfectly sensible thing to do.

There's plenty of things you can pin on Grbic that warrant an angryface emoji, but carrying out Modern Goalkeeping 101 isn't one of them
I understand your point, but he did it in a crowded penalty area.

The modern day keeper conundrum is a nightmare these days. Why?

Bassett signed Tracey, Kelly, Reece for peanuts and all of them would walk into our team today. Is modern day football that complicated?
In my humble opinion, yes it is.

Like with many positions, goalkeeping has changed somewhat with time. The modern goalie has to be as comfortable with using his feet as he is with using his hands, often acting as an auxiliary defender.

Tracey, Kelly and Rees were all very good keepers, but were also of their time.

We appear to have signed a keeper without a left foot or arms.
IMG_3665.jpeg

He looks like a bloke who’s not actually played in goal, or indeed a football match but has somehow found himself in there, not his fault, someone bought him, someone picks him

Can't see us going into next season with him as undisputed first choice now. That was weak as fuck

Nice of him to kneel down so Madueke has more goal to aim at

I don’t want give him heaps, but if wilder thinks this lad is a quality keeper we’re fucked next season

Genuinely can’t remember one save he’s made where I thought ‘that was going in’

Really poor on that goal.
When your struggling like we are. You just can't afford to give the opposing teams gimmes like that.

Has this bloke murdered the real Grbic and burned his body, and is pretending to be him? How has this lump of wet dog shit managed to con so many that he is a goalkeeper?

Back
Top Bottom