Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sorry no time for hurty feelings on this one.. we suffered long enough with poor keepers with Simmo, Long, Howard we know where it leads… six years in Legaue one, everything that can be done has to be done to get this useless waste of space out of the club.
Perhaps you should spend half an hour reading through the Mental Health thread and maybe your perspective of how people’s feelings are tragically overlooked. There’s more important things in life than berating and humiliating a person who is simply trying his best, however good or bad that is perceived.

Whilst he has not made the best start if you watch the 1st goal, he looks for a pass out but the defence turn their backs and run away and a defender waves his arm as if to say hammer it, so he does. By which time he is closed down, its not just our keeper who is woeful.

Perhaps you should spend half an hour reading through the Mental Health thread and maybe your perspective of how people’s feelings are tragically overlooked. There’s more important things in life than berating and humiliating a person who is simply trying his best, however good or bad that is perceived.

I am sure his weekly wage packet will be a consolation for him

A serious flaw in his technique which I and a few others highlighted after his very first game for us - and there are others.

There is no way on Earth that this lad is a better goalkeeper than Wes , who in my view has been unfairly maligned by both a section of our fans and the manager based on a few errors , the likes of which almost all of even the most highly rated PL keepers have been guilty of throughout the course of the season .

Add to that the fact that Wes’ mistakes were made whilst being under almost constant bombardment playing behind a defence which at this stage of the season has conceded by far the most number of goals in the entire history of the PL .

When it comes to team selection , I would happily pick Wes ahead of at least half a dozen other PL goalkeepers I could name , a list which would certainly include Mr. Grbic .
As with Hodgy’s thumb, I’m also a long standing member of the union and won’t normally listen to the uneducated views of plonkers who have never played the most difficult position in the team. I think I can spot a journeyman or a career No.2 pretty well as I did with George and Simmo and others. All keepers (see recent ricks by Ederson, Onana) make bad errors and thereby depart from the expected perfection. Sometimes they lose confidence over weeks or more. Wes has made monumental fuck ups and more than usual this season. However apart from distribution and control of the space between him and his deepest he's adequate enough. He’s just had a bad season, but it certainly seemed time we needed an upgrade. However, Ivo, seems to have been a knee jerk reaction to that perception that we needed an upgrade. Almost like “find me a keeper quick”. We ought to have taken some time. Wes was still under contract and wasn’t going to throw his place away. Now Ivo may come good. He may realise that English football is hugely different to that played in Italy or Spain where a keeper usually doesn’t face a bombardment from the air and there is more slow build up and less intensity. He will have to react more quickly and assess positions and patterns of play and certainly get used to being under the cosh at corners. At the moment I think teams have an extra man in our box because it’s pointless restricting his movement as he isn’t going anywhere to get a cross. What did it for me was an incident in the Fulham game when he actually left his line to deal with a “loose ball” and rather than claiming it he bloody well under hand punched it about 5 yards. Weird! So in short after all the above setting the scene, he is presently no upgrade on Wesley and doesn’t seem to be suited to the Premiership although I do hope to be proven wrong.

As a member of the goalkeepers union, I do my best to defend this much maligned species. For example, Olsen played pretty well for Ville yesterday at M a City. I think the first goal this evening is something Grbic can learn from, and needs to do so quickly. What puzzles me is why he so often dives across his goal, but doesn’t put his arms out. He is so big he should be able to reach all parts of the goal, but he often doesn’t. Strange.
I don't think it was saveable, but like you mention he didn't seem to stretch.

1712307011450.png

Weerz arms??

We’ve been blessed with some really good keepers over the last 35 years. And as such it’s probably easier for us as a fanbase than most to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Grbic isn’t the answer, even in the Championship. He’ll deal with fewer well placed shots, but probably more crosses and set pieces next year. And it’s the latter he has major issues with.

Need a new keeper in the summer.

For the 3rd goal, not only was he in no-mans land but he jumped in the air just as Gakpo was heading it. So he had no chance to then adjust to try to actually save it

1712308110308.png

How would you cope if you were a plumber in Beighton and then you had to be a plumber in Croatia? You'd make loads of mistakes. Cut the kid some slack
bollox mate, a ball is a ball in whatever language, as is a pipe. BTW, can he come and fit me a new kitchen tap? on second thoughts...

Otherwise no commanding of the area, patting down shots and bouncing them 🤬

With the power and movement (aided hugely by the modern ball) that modern players can generate on shots and crosses, if a keeper is going to come and catch a ball from either, as opposed to punching, parrying etc, he's got to be pretty damn sure he's going to claim it 100% of the time, as the downside is much larger. The textbook example is Man United's second goal against Arsenal last season at the Emirates, where a corner comes in and Ramsdale, for whatever reason, tries to reach and catch the cross on the edge of the six yard box rather than punching it halfway to Finchley Park, and he spills it right to the shortest player on the park who scores a free header. As a keeper, if you are not guaranteed to get possession, then priority one is to get the ball into an area where the opposition is going to be fairly unlikely to score.

Additionally, if a shot comes in and the keeper is under no immediate pressure, by "patting down" the shot he keeps the play active. The clock from when he needs to release the ball from his hands doesn't start if the ball is not in his hands, which in the context of eating up time in a game away to Liverpool where the result is still in question and we're not chasing the game, is a perfectly sensible thing to do.

There's plenty of things you can pin on Grbic that warrant an angryface emoji, but carrying out Modern Goalkeeping 101 isn't one of them

Last edited:
sorry Rufus but that woke crap is the problem with this country, mental heath my arse. People need to grow some and accept critisism and learn. Wrapping people in cotton wool is not the answer

Said he was shite after his debut and I got fucked for it by 70% of you. I still stand by that verdict. So the 70% of you that disagreed with me I’d love to know your thoughts now 😂

Eyes not tracking the ball , arms nowhere near it - absolutely no use whatsoever - send him back as not fit for purpose under consumer protection law - to call him a goalkeeper is a misrepresentation - my God we will have to pay up his contract and write off the fee - it's not that he's made a few errors , he's just not the right article , can't leap , slow to react , can't stretch his limbs - his acquisition is the joke to end all jokes of our recruitment - i would love the club to produce the evidence upon which they based their decision - I guarantee nobody who was involved had ever seen him play.
What a Muppet was Wilder to declare he comes in ahead of Wes - the latter has made some incredible saves in his time here.
Be more diplomatic Chris , say he's come in to challenge Wes and you'll pick the best based on ability & performances.
The prince must wonder who the hell he's employing to make these crippling decisions , which 25,000 fans can immediately see are bobbins

Said he was shite after his debut and I got fucked for it by 70% of you. I still stand by that verdict. So the 70% of you that disagreed with me I’d love to know your thoughts now 😂
I thought I'd give him a few games. Despite been told I'm still yet to see a decent save from him. You know what keepers make?

As with Hodgy’s thumb, I’m also a long standing member of the union and won’t normally listen to the uneducated views of plonkers who have never played the most difficult position in the team. I think I can spot a journeyman or a career No.2 pretty well as I did with George and Simmo and others. All keepers (see recent ricks by Ederson, Onana) make bad errors and thereby depart from the expected perfection. Sometimes they lose confidence over weeks or more. Wes has made monumental fuck ups and more than usual this season. However apart from distribution and control of the space between him and his deepest he's adequate enough. He’s just had a bad season, but it certainly seemed time we needed an upgrade. However, Ivo, seems to have been a knee jerk reaction to that perception that we needed an upgrade. Almost like “find me a keeper quick”. We ought to have taken some time. Wes was still under contract and wasn’t going to throw his place away. Now Ivo may come good. He may realise that English football is hugely different to that played in Italy or Spain where a keeper usually doesn’t face a bombardment from the air and there is more slow build up and less intensity. He will have to react more quickly and assess positions and patterns of play and certainly get used to being under the cosh at corners. At the moment I think teams have an extra man in our box because it’s pointless restricting his movement as he isn’t going anywhere to get a cross. What did it for me was an incident in the Fulham game when he actually left his line to deal with a “loose ball” and rather than claiming it he bloody well under hand punched it about 5 yards. Weird! So in short after all the above setting the scene, he is presently no upgrade on Wesley and doesn’t seem to be suited to the Premiership although I do hope to be proven wrong.
How can it be the most difficult position in the team when goalkeepers are allowed to use four limbs where as the other ten are only allowed to use two.
The bloke is below standard, like his mate Wes, for Sheffield United F.C. standards, when I look back at the keepers over the seventy six year I have been watching the Blades.

Back
Top Bottom