Good news in the next couple of weeks?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Forest will get no points deducted so our 1:1000 change of staying in this miserable league is finally gone?
Taking out every other seat for more legroom?
They have to be punished broke the rules and has to be points 6" I think Everton would have something to say if they get away with it.
Will suit Luton! They have a team of competitors what do we have ?

The good news is that we're not laying across the new few weeks, so we can't lose 5-0.

By this point, we take those.

The good news is were eventually going get players in what can complete 90 mins instead of this unfit rable whats mascarading as professional footballers. Arblaster excluded he's going to be some player🙏

The next bit of exciting infrastructure news!
The hotel’s opening again. Hope the catering doesn’t fall under the Compass deal…..
https://www.sufc.co.uk/
First off this is a good thing. It’s not a good look to have a closed down hotel as part of the site.

But it does remind me of one of the frustrating things at work.

Someone lets a task slip for whatever sob story, money ends up in arrears, billing behind schedules, breaks on accounts not resolved etc.

Next thing you know ‘progress’ is being tracked and a massive slap on the back when things are on track again.

I’ve always found this a weird one because groups that don’t allow themselves to cock things up in the first place tend to not get the whoop whooping of a successful cleanup project (often created by their own ineptitude).

This actually feels very similar. We let the hotel go derelict and now we are boasting about it creating jobs and being good for the local community. I don’t remember us particularly owning the loss of a similar amount of jobs.

It’s good it’s back anyway but a pity, especially being in the PL we would not have had it back long before now or have kept it going all the while. I know there was COVID but there were also opportunities there to use such facilities.

Still, training ground, hotel. Wonder what’s next? Buy some decent players? 😉

First off this is a good thing. It’s not a good look to have a closed down hotel as part of the site.

But it does remind me of one of the frustrating things at work.

Someone lets a task slip for whatever sob story, money ends up in arrears, billing behind schedules, breaks on accounts not resolved etc.

Next thing you know ‘progress’ is being tracked and a massive slap on the back when things are on track again.

I’ve always found this a weird one because groups that don’t allow themselves to cock things up in the first place tend to not get the whoop whooping of a successful cleanup project (often created by their own ineptitude).

This actually feels very similar. We let the hotel go derelict and now we are boasting about it creating jobs and being good for the local community. I don’t remember us particularly owning the loss of a similar amount of jobs.

It’s good it’s back anyway but a pity, especially being in the PL we would not have had it back long before now or have kept it going all the while. I know there was COVID but there were also opportunities there to use such facilities.

Still, training ground, hotel. Wonder what’s next? Buy some decent players? 😉

Wasn’t the hotel under McCabes control rather than the clubs? It was part of the agreement but not a club asset. iirc McCabe insisted on closing it rather then let it continue as a going concern. Can’t see why the club/owner is responsible for job losses.

Wasn’t the hotel under McCabes control rather than the clubs? It was part of the agreement but not a club asset. iirc McCabe insisted on closing it rather then let it continue as a going concern. Can’t see why the club/owner is responsible for job losses.
I don’t fully recall to be honest. Was the hotel still running when PA won the court case? It’s part of club assets that were transferred.

Just checked.

Sep 2019 was the court case.

June 2020 was when the hotel closed.

But I did find this which supports your earlier comment:

“The deal for the latter was vacant possession, meaning all the hotel's fixtures and fittings were removed and the contract with Copthorne was cancelled, leaving the venue in a state of disrepair.”

This suggests without rummaging around too much on the web that it would make the hotel un-operational (is that a word?!) at handover and requiring cladding etc to be put back and fixtures added, which I’d imagine, was money we didn’t have.

So, whilst it’s been unpleasant getting regularly battered on the field, it does look like PA has at least had in mind to get the infrastructure back on track.

It’s just a pity that grown adults can’t avoid such petty squabbles. I suppose you could ask the question too how much additional monies could have been offered to have bought the required fittings at the time to keep it running. I’d imagine COVID happening at the time just created an additional uncertainty with the timing.

It does feel that common sense didn’t really prevail. But with acrimonious court cases, perhaps that’s to be expected.

I don’t fully recall to be honest. Was the hotel still running when PA won the court case? It’s part of club assets that were transferred.

Just checked.

Sep 2019 was the court case.

June 2020 was when the hotel closed.

But I did find this which supports your earlier comment:

“The deal for the latter was vacant possession, meaning all the hotel's fixtures and fittings were removed and the contract with Copthorne was cancelled, leaving the venue in a state of disrepair.”

This suggests without rummaging around too much on the web that it would make the hotel un-operational (is that a word?!) at handover and requiring cladding etc to be put back and fixtures added, which I’d imagine, was money we didn’t have.

So, whilst it’s been unpleasant getting regularly battered on the field, it does look like PA has at least had in mind to get the infrastructure back on track.

It’s just a pity that grown adults can’t avoid such petty squabbles. I suppose you could ask the question too how much additional monies could have been offered to have bought the required fittings at the time to keep it running. I’d imagine COVID happening at the time just created an additional uncertainty with the timing.

It does feel that common sense didn’t really prevail. But with acrimonious court cases, perhaps that’s to be expected.

Owned by a Scarborough controlled company.

There was a big hoo-hah when the hotel was transferred from SU Ltd to another arm of the Scarborough Group for £1 a few years ago, despite certain sages (you and me amongst them, IIRC) pointing out that it was loss-making and therefore better off away from the football club.

A quick search of Companies House shows that Sheffield United (Hotel) Ltd became Bramall Lane Hotel Ltd on 31st March 2020 and then Scarborough Partnership Residential Ltd on 17 June 2021.

Chris Wilder:

"I keep saying, we've got good things happening and I'm sure more things will come out in the next two or three weeks."

Wonder what he’s referring to?

Hotel is already under refurbishment.

Deal to buy HSBC sports ground for 1st team training centre agreed and announced.

Cant see anything that can happen on the pitch can happen in the next couple of weeks.

I’m hoping he’s referring to ground redevelopment, hopefully work to start on the Kop in the close season.

The Prince did state last season that was the plan.

Wait until Wilder checks in for his flight to Saudi.
He finds he’s going cattle class and there’s no seat for his lawyer?

The best Hotel in League One. Filled to capacity with Leyton Orient, Crewe and Shrewsbury fans. Fucking great.

I've got a week off for Easter, thats good enough news for me!

Here it is the big announcement

View attachment 180619

Nice to see the the club partnering up with the guys from shorehamview as well .
I've got one of these (second right). He's great, but after the Arsenal game Mrs Numpty turned him around to face the other way (looking out of the window rather than towards us). I asked why she'd done this, and she said that my gnome "was ashamed" about the result. This very much reflected my own feelings, but we've both got over it and he's facing the right way again.
Until the next game! ☹

What I'd great news is that I genuinely forgot that United didn't have a game this weekend until Friday night. I was genuinely chuffed to bits when I realised that the spineless goons aren't going to be pissing me off again this week. Bonus.

Back
Top Bottom