Get well soon David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This kid can't catch a break with the glandular fever, ankle operation fuck up and now this. Wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery!

Awful news, gutted for him.
best wishes to him from a Wednesday fan. I still have nightmares about him form the derby a few few years ago. I think I’m still dizzy. Sensational performance. Seems w good lad too

Bill Shankly couldn’t have been more wrong with that quote.

Never get tired of watching this. Wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best to you and your family. Will always get a warm welcome at the Lane !
As a Wednesday fan it still gives me nightmares.

However I’d watch it time and time again and happily have lost 25 nil in exchange for him making a full recovery.
Puts rivalries into perspective. Thoughts with him

Sending loads of strength to Brooksy, this is horrible news but he has absolutely got this, come on lad! 💪🏻

What awful news, I had a sinking feeling in my stomach when I read it. Get well soon David.

Horrible news that. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I wanted to wait for the momentum to damp down a little on this before posting as it isn't about me, but I had the exact same diagnosis to David 34 years ago when I was 30. To say it was a shock is an understatement, but any cancer patient caught in early stage I or II has a good chance of not only survival but of living a full & happy life.
I was very fit myself at the time, not professional footballer fit but not far off, & I believe this helped a lot in my recovery. It took around a year or so to get back to full fitness & put back on the 2 stone I lost, worse thing was my hair didn't grow back, but still a small price to pay I would say.
Get well soon David, I hope you smash it & get back to playing at the level you were born to.

Well done, mate. Fair play.

Whilst not the same situation this seems an appropriate time to put the link up again.
Please take the time to register yourself, quick, easy and painless and you could save someone.
You need to be 17-55 of reasonable health and that’s it
Please help, donors have dropped during the Covid wilderness years whilst people on the list keeps growing.
Thank you in advance 🙏

Whilst not the same situation this seems an appropriate time to put the link up again.
Please take the time to register yourself, quick, easy and painless and you could save someone.
Please help, donors have dropped during the Covid wilderness years whilst people on the list keeps growing.
Thank you in advance 🙏
I signed up years ago and can safely say its an easy process to sign up not yet being called up but would be more than willing to help if needed

Thank you in advance 🙏
Just signed up

I expected Quest to mention this , as it was the good side of fans for a change . I did not see it advertised anywhere was it just spontanious ?

Last edited:
I expected Quest to mention this , as it was the good side of fans for a change . I did not see it advertised anywhere was it just spontanious ?
I think the possibility of clapping on 36 mins was suggested by someone on here. I couldn't believe that the chap sitting next to me thought it 'stupid and what was the point'. Pretty heartless I thought

I think the possibility of clapping on 36 mins was suggested by someone on here. I couldn't believe that the chap sitting next to me thought it 'stupid and what was the point'. Pretty heartless I thought

Just the opposite for me, a couple of lads a few rows in front of me, who I would describe as monumental bell ends, were clapping and singing ‘Brooks will tear you apart again’ with gusto, takes allsorts I suppose.

It was me who half suggested it on here, not sure if it was the right time to do it given he might obviously be a bit down. Never thought it might be picked up and done but was wholeheartedly, genuinely delighted at the crowd's response, Stoke fans more than responsive. Well done everybody and give it some young man.

Just seen on bbc pages norwich’s young goalie has been diagnosed with testicular cancer, my thoughts go out to him and all his family and friends, 20 is no age for such an illness, the sooner we find a cure the better for all humanity

Back
Top Bottom