Get well soon David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Were thinking of you lad keep strong , wish we still had you at the Lane , should never had been sold in my opinion

Never get tired of watching this. Wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best to you and your family. Will always get a warm welcome at the Lane !

You play football with a smile on your face, and you put a smile on ours. Keep smiling, David, you can do it

Get well soon David and hopefully you will be tearing them apart again.

He's had it rough really, what with glandular fever hitting gin when he just broke through with us

Get well David. Hope to see you playing soon

terrible news get well soon brooksy will always be a legend of the lane for the 24th september 2017 utb fto

Terrible news, really hits me this week, I lost a good friend to cancer last Thursday, hopefully they have caught it early enough

All the best brooksy

Good luck Brooksy, god knows you deserve it. Hope you come back even better, as long as you don't score against Blades of course.
Well don't get a hat trick at least. All the best fella.

If you're reading all the best lad!
If you're not reading. All the best lad!

Horrendous news. Seems a decent young bloke, and gave me a lifetime-standout favourite memory with his goal at Elland Road.

All the best David, hope you kick the arse out of this disease and come back strong.

The exact cause of Hodgkin lymphoma is unknown. However, your risk of developing the condition is increased if:

you have a medical condition that weakens your immune system
you take immunosuppressant medication
you've previously been exposed to a common virus called the Epstein-Barr virus – which causes glandular fever

Just read that on NHS website so probably will have something to do with it. Awful news and I hope he makes a full recovery.

Mark Cavendish suffered from Epstein-Barr virus... possibly caused by the week in week out exertions of 4-500 miles cycling training causing fatigue, suppressing the immune system coupled up with all the supplements professional cyclists take leading to it. Federer suffered a bout of mononucleosis a few years back and took a year to recover. Hodgkins lymphoma is a few steps on from those.

Speedy recovery Brooksy 🙏

I feel really stunned reading these reports . My heart goes out to you mate you will always be a blade as far as we are concerned . Beat this disease mate Football is nothing as long as you come through this fit and well that is the important thing. sending you and your family all our love ,

Stay Strong David lad, and ‘Skin it’ like you did poor own ‘Hunty’ on ‘Bouncing-Day’.

I actually felt sick when I heard the news.
Thoughts are very much with the young lad and his parents who must be very worried.
Fingers crossed for the lad.

I wanted to wait for the momentum to damp down a little on this before posting as it isn't about me, but I had the exact same diagnosis to David 34 years ago when I was 30. To say it was a shock is an understatement, but any cancer patient caught in early stage I or II has a good chance of not only survival but of living a full & happy life.
I was very fit myself at the time, not professional footballer fit but not far off, & I believe this helped a lot in my recovery. It took around a year or so to get back to full fitness & put back on the 2 stone I lost, worse thing was my hair didn't grow back, but still a small price to pay I would say.
Get well soon David, I hope you smash it & get back to playing at the level you were born to.

Back
Top Bottom