Get Well Soon Dave Bassett

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wish him well. I have always liked his sense of humour. Looking back on clips on YouTube at his time with us and with Wimbledon his self confidence shone through. He said what he thought and obviously with his managerial record he could motivate players. Great memories from his time.

Hope you smash this Harry like you got smashed by the slaps !!!

Best wishes.

DB.

UTB.

Cheers digger

Prognosis ok cos they’ve found it early due to having a PSA test every year for the last 10 years as I was starting with an enlarged prostate. (Symptoms can be similar) Since diagnosis now every 3 months. Another blood test next month………can’t wait ☹️

Good advice for everyone here - I also have a enlarged one. Chaps of a certain age should get checked regularly - I get checked at each birthday now. Big prostates of the Lane unite!

Along with John Harris my favourite Blades manager, had the pleasure of meeting him when over for a game back in the early nineties, what a Gentleman in every way, remember he kept us in the top flight for

All the best to you all who are suffering from this terrible illness. God bless. (although I'm no way religious).

Good to hear you beat it fella 👍
One thing I heard regarding Alan Roberts was he never really was happy at the Lane. Apparently after a goal he would occasionally slope back quietly to the half way line.
Alleged to have had problems with Bassett.
Never knew if it was true.
Always remember him in DB team 1988 89 though.

Absolute Legend, he was in the Hare and Hounds the night after he left the blades, had a chat with him and wished him the best for the future.
Lovely lovely man and very funny.
Get well soon 'arry.
❤️

Wishing him all the best in his battle. Hoping we can make a full recovery!

DB was just before my time, started going in 96/97. I watched the interview last night and you could see the passion he has for the game. I doubt the interviewer will ever have an easier interview to do, DB loved to talk about his time at various clubs and would often go off reminiscing about various events without the need to be asked.

Get well soon Dave!
Guy is a legend. Gave us Deane and Agana.
Had to make do with signings from Sutton United in the top league when the club were penniless. Signings even made by using fans donations.

Get well soon DB. My all time favourite manager. Put together a terrific team from largely unknown players, albeit in that era there wasn't the in depth info we can access on players today. Deane,Tracey,Bryson,Roberts,Webster,Hill etc, all relatively unknown to me before they turned out for us.
I think the "United" TV series also endeared DB to many. Honest, down to earth, knew his limits and completely got us.

Back
Top Bottom