Outgoing? Furious...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we can get a decent price I’d be well up for selling baldock. The lack of legs in our midfield and lack of pace at centre back makes having a back up wing back of George’s quality a ludicrous waste of resources.

I would expect him to move on for around £2m Which puts money into the transfer kitty and reduces our wage bill.
don’t think Seriki is good or experienced enough yet, is Osborn a good back up ?

George has still got two years left on his existing deal, so £2m seems low for a player who's held his own in the PL. He's 29 now of course though, I think Baldock won't want to leave unless a PL club comes in for him, but saying that if United accept a bid from a top Greek club then maybe he'd fancy it to strengthen his international chances of starting. I'd be sad to see him go in many ways but at the same time if we got good money then I'm sure the club would have to think about it. I wouldn't want Osborn as the back-up though but saying that he can cover the position for a few games, but we still need someone who can cover there if Baldock goes in my view. Maybe when we sign a RCB that whoever that is can cover the RWB spot also.

Whether Bogle is fit for the start of the season could be a factor in whether we let George go or not,

If the funds from George go back into the transfer pot, I would roll the dice having Seriki as back-up. I think Seriki will suprise a few this coming year.
We need some legs in the midfield.
I think we need to send Seriki out on loan again for experience and if that means signing a journeyman replacement for a season I'd be up for that as Seriki needs game time to improve. It's the same for the likes of several others like Lopata, Osula, Jebbison and Harrison Neal. Just my view though, maybe 1 or more will come back and stake a claim for a shirt, or at least to stay as a squad player but I'd like to see them go out and get some experience.

I think we need to send Seriki out on loan again for experience and if that means signing a journeyman replacement for a season I'd be up for that as Seriki needs game time to improve. It's the same for the likes of several others like Lopata, Osula, Jebbison and Harrison Neal. Just my view though, maybe 1 or more will come back and stake a claim for a shirt, or at least to stay as a squad player but I'd like to see them go out and get some experience.

I don't disagree that Seriki and the other kids would benefit from another loan spell. However, if the rumors are true that we have no transfer (or minimal) pot I wouldn't want to be putting money into backup players. Use every penny you get from George and get the best possible midfielder. Seriki can cover if needed, plus get the odd cup game as well.

I'd much rather let a LWB go.

Going into the season with no natural cover for Bogle would be a high risk strategy and frankly stupid.. You're then looking at Seriki ,who is miles away and likely not to ever be Champ standard, and then using someone out of position. Osborn certainly isn't the answer

Last edited:
Can’t see why we’d want to sell Baldock, unless it was for some ridiculous seven figure fee.

Seriki needs to be playing games, ideally in league one, it would be of absolutely no developmental benefit to him or the club, to keep him as back up to Bogle.

Jebbison, Osula, Lopata and Neal also need to be looking at an EFL loan this season and hopefully get an uninterrupted run of games. Personally I think the Championship is probably a step too far for any of them at the moment

Baldock completely turned the tide in the second leg vs Forest, that being said a fully fit Bogle is a better option IMO…
Tough one but a good enough bid and use money to reinvest elsewhere might not be the worst business we’d do this summer.
Agree we would need cover though - Seriki isn’t ready yet, unless there’s good development in Joe Starbuck

It's a tricky one with George.

I assume he's on a big wage (for the division). I'd rather keep him but if we get a few million and that wage off the bill, then could be worth it. I suspect he might not want to play second fiddle to Bogle, which could also be a factor. He's 29 now. I suspect there's one big move left for him.

Bogle has had a couple of lengthy injuries already at such a young age, so a decent back up is a must. Especially when Baldock's qualities are different. It's a great situation to be in.

Would personally really miss Baldock if we sold him.

Gives us an excellent (usually more defensive) option at RWB.

Then again... If he's worth a decent figure (£5-10m)... Do we need a defensive RWB in the Champ? Harsh to say after one of his best ever attacking performances away at Forest.

I was wondering the other day if Byrne on a free from Derby would be a nice cheap like for like foil for Bogle. Not seen a tonne of him lately to judge as well as I'd like.

If he goes to olympiakos he will be playing champions league footy, and for a team that wins everything. He’d also be under the nose of Gus Poyet. I’d rather keep him though.

I would expect him to move on for around £2m Which puts money into the transfer kitty and reduces our wage bill.
don’t think Seriki is good or experienced enough yet, is Osborn a good back up ?
An international RWB with 2 years left on his contract. Doesn’t want to leave and we don’t need to sell. He’s not going for £2m 😂

Last few days on here have been weird with people trying to off Berge and Brewster for £8-10m and now GB for £2m

An international RWB with 2 years left on his contract. Doesn’t want to leave and we don’t need to sell. He’s not going for £2m 😂

Last few days on here have been weird with people trying to off Berge and Brewster for £8-10m and now GB for £2m
A lot of our fans seem to desperately yearn for the return of Kevin McCabe style decisions.

I guess it unlikely that his late grandmother taught him to speak whichever version of Greek is used at Olympiakos, so maybe he would not be keen to go and live over there (?)

I guess it unlikely that his late grandmother taught him to speak whichever version of Greek is used at Olympiakos, so maybe he would not be keen to go and live over there (?)
80% of greeks speak English, and there are so many foreign players that english seems to be the language that they use

Back
Top Bottom