Frees and loans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hope United world know what they’re doing with recruitment because we’re about to miss out on all the good free transfers that were available. Playing catch up again, couldn't make it up really.

We are literally one or two injuries away from a disaster. If one of Berge or N'Daiye go down.... We be fucked.
Not bringing in any permanent players is going to be our downfall. With about five players contracts ending at the end of this year.... Leads me to question whether or not we have a plan for next year.
I hate to say it but this recruitment team needs to go.
What! We've got a recruitment team, bloody hell when did that happen 🤭

Why are we so desperate for a bloke to come and chuck money at us, rather than us earning our way through things? Do we want to become yet another bankrolled club? I know I don't want that.
I do

You think a club that constantly gets 27k+ crowds is earning L2 levels of money? Stop with the ridiculous hyperbole ffs, it's embarrassing.
It's probably league one. Considering almost every championship club has owners with more money than ours. You can want us to just spend what we earn, but nobody else does. It's not a level playing field. Without parachute payments we're probably bottom 6 in this league for revenue, just like we were before we were promoted. That's not likely to happen again

It's probably league one. Considering almost every championship club has owners with more money than ours. You can want us to just spend what we earn, but nobody else does. It's not a level playing field. Without parachute payments we're probably bottom 6 in this league for revenue, just like we were before we were promoted. That's not likely to happen again
They all had owners with more money than ours when we got promoted and finished 9 th

Just over 2 months now to wait for the dregs to come in 😬

Any itk'ers on loans or frees from Europe, Africa etc. Cause that is what the crack recruitment team are doing. I hope they find another one or five Anels. Hard but not impossible. I hope!!!

Wilder spent all the money ,including the parachute money

Hope that clears it up
  • + the club lost a lot of planned revenue from Covid
  • + The Prince used a substantial portion of the PL money on purchasing the Stadium.

Really the biggest issue was signing Brewster. It was a bad deal that Wilder should never have pushed, and the Prince should not have signed off on. The Prince got lucky as he rolled the dice with our future parachute payments on that transfer, and we managed to bounce back despite him not substantially contributing.

I think the Prince is smart in limiting Hecky's budget this time. We shouldn't be spending millions on squad fillers who wouldn't see the pitch on any other PL team like we did last time (i.e. Callum Robinson, Burke, Bogle, Freeman, Osborn, Lowe). If we are smart we can fill out those squad roles on frees/loans.

Hopefully there will be enough money to get one or two key players purchased (Doyle + one other) we can build around the next year or two.

Premier League team with a League 1 budget, with a need for at least 4 first team players…….

This could get very embarrassing 🙈

Premier League team with a League 1 budget, with a need for at least 4 first team players…….

This could get very embarrassing 🙈
A League 1 budget 😂

You forgot the 3 or 4 squad options we also need, in your optimistic analysis buddy!

How many League 1 teams, or even Championship teams, do you think will have a wages budget of £50m+?
The problem is that the wage budget needs to be £100m+ in order to have a realistic chance of survival. Spent on the right players of course and not just giving most of it to Jesse Lingard and Dele Alli!

Back
Top Bottom