forums from days gone by.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What about Shitters, Shitbag, Shit for brains etc. Sure me and Topblade, now he was a rock and roller, gave you those lovely monickers over the years.

I was BathBlade on Viewpoints and BU but then when I moved out here I changed to VancouverBlade which got shortened to get rid of the somewhat redundant 'Blade'.

Think it was, wasn't it set up to protest against Reg Brearley or Mike McDonald?

Found a copy of Greenwich's book at home the other week, what happened to him?

I was on the old viewpoints and SUISA forums ages ago under a different name.moved from a classic car name to a classic diesel loco.

Been around for many a year, first as Biltonblade. There was another wedding too, Witham blade and True blood blade, her with the little feet. They moved to Corfu I believe but came back when Julia was poorly. I also met BHA as did Raul and a couple of others I believe, when she came over to watch the Blades. She wanted to see Leeds castle, not realising it was in Kent! She fell out with a couple of sexist posters and has never returned to my knowledge. I can testify deeks and Mary are married, as I was at the wedding. Went to see them in Seattle last year and they have visited us in Harrogate. We only met because Blade in Nelson asked me and the better half to look after her on her first visit to England. Was surprised when she hooked up with BM as he and I had many a keyboard warrior run in. Now I have to be nice to him :) no, he's OK really, all keyboard no trousers.

I was on the old viewpoints and SUISA forums ages ago under a different name.moved from a classic car name to a classic diesel loco.

Ahem.... I remember the thrill of "cabbing" Queens Own Highlanders (9004) when i was a kid with nothing better to do on a saturday morning!.... but don't tell anyone, that's kinda like admitting liking prog-rock.

No4, lucky boy. Lots of excitement in the Deltic world recently.
Prog Rock - can think of nothing worse though I get the same reaction when I mention The Smiths or Morrissey.

Allus been Kenilworth in the forum space - 'cos I used to live there. Viewpoints, BladesUnited then here.
Asked BU Webbo to change the name from Kenilworth in 2007 as I hadn't lived there for 5 years but got no response so stuck with Ken ever since.

Remember saving a chapter that Greenwich Blade had lost once, before he published. They were always a good read but quite long posts spread over a couple of posts - I used to copy and paste and print them so I could read on a train journey. Lucky for GB I had the copied txt to send to him :)

Never had an infraction - despite the odd random rant resplendent with colourful expletives. Linz sent me an email to warn me of summat once but it was pretty trivial (can't even remember what it was for) and I got a snotty response from BU Webbo once for cracking a Ginger joke - I didn't know he was a red top :oops:

Don't frequent BM or other boards as this one is top class and not so full of knobheads

One thing I do miss is the random alias capability from BU. When posting you could edit your profile moniker (to show something different just for that post) if you put a full stop before the alias you typed in as an alternative. So if there was an obvious double entendre then .pervy blade was oft used by me and a few others - also .pedant_blade was a good one for the grammatical and the apostrophe horrors on show - again more than me used that one ;). You could think up several witty alter aliases if you were so minded. I'm sure there was a way to see who it was but that's too geeky for me.

Anyway - Darren hasn't changed much - was always the site Statto competing with the ever reliable Silent Blade - both being top drawer for reminding us lesser mortals of what actually happened instead of our sketchy recollections from yesteryear. Not so sure Darren's preferences were as well known in BU days :eek:

Len was always a WUM and I actually enjoyed watching some of the fireworks going off - it's a calmer place without him though.

Come on you f**king Cup Tarts!

I posted as the legend on Bu but never signed up to unitedite or bom as they were very cliquey and full of tossers, especially the mod on bom...power crazed fool
I dont agree..not a tosser at all, deffo a crazed power mad fool though

Allus been Kenilworth in the forum space - 'cos I used to live there. Viewpoints, BladesUnited then here.
Asked BU Webbo to change the name from Kenilworth in 2007 as I hadn't lived there for 5 years but got no response so stuck with Ken ever since.

Remember saving a chapter that Greenwich Blade had lost once, before he published. They were always a good read but quite long posts spread over a couple of posts - I used to copy and paste and print them so I could read on a train journey. Lucky for GB I had the copied txt to send to him :)

Never had an infraction - despite the odd random rant resplendent with colourful expletives. Linz sent me an email to warn me of summat once but it was pretty trivial (can't even remember what it was for) and I got a snotty response from BU Webbo once for cracking a Ginger joke - I didn't know he was a red top :oops:

Don't frequent BM or other boards as this one is top class and not so full of knobheads

One thing I do miss is the random alias capability from BU. When posting you could edit your profile moniker (to show something different just for that post) if you put a full stop before the alias you typed in as an alternative. So if there was an obvious double entendre then .pervy blade was oft used by me and a few others - also .pedant_blade was a good one for the grammatical and the apostrophe horrors on show - again more than me used that one ;). You could think up several witty alter aliases if you were so minded. I'm sure there was a way to see who it was but that's too geeky for me.

Anyway - Darren hasn't changed much - was always the site Statto competing with the ever reliable Silent Blade - both being top drawer for reminding us lesser mortals of what actually happened instead of our sketchy recollections from yesteryear. Not so sure Darren's preferences were as well known in BU days :eek:

Len was always a WUM and I actually enjoyed watching some of the fireworks going off - it's a calmer place without him though.

My favourite alternative alias was Gordon Greenidge Blade when posting about the all-conquering 1976 West Indies Test side.

My favourite alternative alias was Gordon Greenidge Blade when posting about the all-conquering 1976 West Indies Test side.
My favourite photo of Gordon Greenidge was when he hooked a John Snow bouncer for 6 at the Lords Test in 1976. The fearless 45 year old Brian Close was fielding very close to him and didnt flinch or bat an eyelid when Greenidge hit the ball, he just kept his eyes open and followed the flight of the ball when virtually all of the close fielders would have taken cover and lose sight of the ball

112.jpg

I posted as the legend on Bu but never signed up to unitedite or bom as they were very cliquey and full of tossers, especially the mod on bom...power crazed fool

I'm related to a load of folks called Heppenstall/Hepptinstall.

Darren was outed on BU 2008ish precisely because of the anonymous alias capability. Someone used said alias to tell everyone he had done some detective work with my email I had been daft enough to post on the public forum.

I strongly suspect that person is on here, but he has never had the guts to fess up.

Darren was outed on BU 2008ish precisely because of the anonymous alias capability. Someone used said alias to tell everyone he had done some detective work with my email I had been daft enough to post on the public forum.

I strongly suspect that person is on here, but he has never had the guts to fess up.

44f7687d72ebc1e1201fcc3b9e5b05f978d44e580f2bc76d72928a58e3be9c67.jpg

I remember that episode and you left BU as a result. I tried to send a supportive e-mail, but I think you must have closed the account so I doubt you ever received it. It had a 68 in it (oof, right next to 69). Anyway, you're back and no harm done :)

Recently, you referred to the outing and you said it was "against (your) will", which implied you might have had some say in the matter. Is that what you meant, or was it untypically imprecise use of language on your part? Just curious.....

Back
Top Bottom