Forest deducted four points

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In my mind we still owe forest big time for their treatment of our players after the playoff semi final.

If we can help to see them go down, we deserve to do that and I expect the players to be told in no uncertain terms that we are to make that pitch an absolute battle and the crowd need to give it every effort to make it hostile and a horrible place to be for 90 minutes.

VAR will certainly be on their side that day so they will have no excuses.

If we can win that game that would give us a huge boost for next season in nothing more than learning how sometimes we have to just front up and that comes to our fans too.

Apathy keeps being talked about this season but surely everyone needs to be up for this one. No one headbutts our Billy.

UTB

But again when its that situation, if there is doubt, VAR has been told to go with onfield decision.
That may be the case in principle, but to me the majority of VAR pen reviews are doubtful weather there's enough contact, the arm is away from the body enough etc. I think all 3 of their pen claims were much stronger than a lot of other pens that have been given this season. The hand ball one for example, his arm is much further out and more unnatural than the one that was given against man u on the same day.

Having said that the calls for bias/corruption really are embarrassing, never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. VAR has shown time and again that it is wildly inconsistent and often makes mistakes. Thank god we'll be rid of it next season.

I didn't hear any of the canine shagging wankers crying after Huddersfield had two stonewall penalties turned down in the playoff final. Look at how those decisions effected both clubs.

I really hope we relegate them in the last game
Didn’t the players sing about it in the dressing room after? I’m sure I saw a video of them singing “it was a pen” a few days later

What exactly do they pay Mark Clattenburg for? Surely anyone with a brain can see that accusing an individual of corruption on social media is not a good idea.
It can work in reverse.
Claiming bias will only generate a fine/ ticking off and a chat with the authorities

They have cleverley put a spotlight on them. Any bias against them will be highlighted by media and they can say “see, we told you” any bias in their favour will obviously not be mentioned again and poor old Luton / Burnley will be relegated. Very sad

The unconscious bias though will now be in action, they’ll have decisions going for them should they arise as officials will be afraid to prove them right…

Didn’t the players sing about it in the dressing room after? I’m sure I saw a video of them singing “it was a pen” a few days later

I didn't see it, but I can believe it.

I have no confidence we will get any sort of positive result against Forest (or anyone) after Saturdays showing. I’d love us to ‘trip up’ Forest - but sadly I think it will be 3 pts for them.

is it correct silent that anthony taylor should have been the ref at the lane saturday and was switched to andy madley ?
Chris Kavanagh should have had the Everton game originally. Antony Taylor was on ours with Madley the VAR. Kavanagh was taken off the Everton game for some unknown reason (he wasn't injured - maybe because Forest complained to start with) and Taylor put on it instead. Madley was then moved to ref for our game and Keith Stroud put onto VAR.

Forest are taking advice from Clattenburg, a ref who has openly admitted to having bias against a team (namely us).

How can anyone take what he says seriously?!
It does beg the question, if Clattenburg thinks that refs show bias in favour of their "own team", does he think that because he knows he himself was biased when he was reffing?

In my mind we still owe forest big time for their treatment of our players after the playoff semi final.

If we can help to see them go down, we deserve to do that and I expect the players to be told in no uncertain terms that we are to make that pitch an absolute battle and the crowd need to give it every effort to make it hostile and a horrible place to be for 90 minutes.

VAR will certainly be on their side that day so they will have no excuses.

If we can win that game that would give us a huge boost for next season in nothing more than learning how sometimes we have to just front up and that comes to our fans too.

Apathy keeps being talked about this season but surely everyone needs to be up for this one. No one headbutts our Billy.

UTB
I was told that they even tampered with wifi access for the Sheffield united team staff in game analysis and the treatment of blades in the lounge from their chair and his sons was shocking. I hope they get relegated by a var decision that goes against them.

The biggest surprise would be that anyone is surprised that referees are biased.

There are several refeee biases in many matches.

1: Refs tend not to make big decisions in the early minutes, so no penalties or red cards unless it's really really obvious.

2: Refs have a bias towards the team playing the best at the time and most deserving to win.
If we play a team and they miss loads of chances, hit the woodwork a few times,
We've been incredibly lucky but I always say if any of their players fall in the box, they'll get a soft (but deserved) penalty and they do.

It works the other way for us too, if we have a match where we're dominating and missing loads of chances, then we're more likely to be given a penalty.
This explains why Liverpool in the 80's and Man Utd in the 90's used to have so many penalties, it's because they're attacking so much.

3: Refs tend to have a bias to help the losing team so it stays a contest.
They try to apply a sense of justice, so the scoreline reflects the general play on the pitch.
If a losing team are truly crap and being outclassed then there's no bias but if the losing team are giving it a real go, like Coventry in the FA cup semi, then regs will help the match become more entertaining and be bias to help the underdog slightly.

4: And finally refs often have a slight bias in favour of the home team. Naturally they'd prefer not to receive abuse.

Ref the other day after he played advantage for the Burnley player diving… once play stopped went after him and gave him a warning to cut out the simulation, gesturing that next time was a yellow…

No, ref. The gesture should be after booking him you tell him to cut it out or he gets a red

Later in the game, Ozzy complains that he got fouled, yellow comes straight out.

That’s not right.

Ref the other day after he played advantage for the Burnley player diving… once play stopped went after him and gave him a warning to cut out the simulation, gesturing that next time was a yellow…

No, ref. The gesture should be after booking him you tell him to cut it out or he gets a red

Later in the game, Ozzy complains that he got fouled, yellow comes straight out.

That’s not right.
I am pretty sure Ozzy got booked for pulling their player back.

I was told that they even tampered with wifi access for the Sheffield united team staff in game analysis and the treatment of blades in the lounge from their chair and his sons was shocking. I hope they get relegated by a var decision that goes against them.
i really hope forest get relegated at turf moor on the last day of the season and if its only for one game would love our players to tear in to them from the kick off when they come here and put a big dent in their survival hopes

i really hope forest get relegated at turf moor on the last day of the season and if its only for one game would love our players to tear in to them from the kick off when they come here and put a big dent in their survival hopes
Can we loan our Billy back for this one?

Would be great to have him leading and motivating our demoralised bunch of players on the pitch after what they did to him.

Can we loan our Billy back for this one?

Would be great to have him leading and motivating our demoralised bunch of players on the pitch after what they did to him.
Could always get Mcburnie to do it after that farce of an assault charge, that being said he'd have to do a lot better than he did at Burnley.

You can bet your savings that one of our players will be red carded V Forest now.

If you know football, and you know Sheffield United, you should know that Ollie McBurnie will be the recipient of that red card.

Back
Top Bottom