Focus on... Geoff Salmons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

adored Sir Geoff as a kid. Flash git with his Triumph 2000, bet he never drove that into the country of south america

Get the feeling that as he was working his way down that list of questions, he was thinking “why doesn’t this journalist just sod off and leave me in peace?”

Very good player in a great team, ran Tommy Smith into an absolute froth at the Lane...

Biggest Drag in Soccer?!? Did people talk like that in the 70s?

Thought he was better than Currie at one point. My first experience as a kid of Blades selling their best players. Broke my heart when they sold him to Stoke. Another in the category 'Best not to play for England'.

By the way when he was sold my dad uttered his immortal & much repeated since phrase 'ugh ... what do you expect from a team that sold Jones & Birchenhall in the same year?'.

A quality player who would have been perfect for our current Left Wingback role .

I met him after he retired when he was running a pub - somewhere near Wath I seem to remember . I also remember he served a superb pint of Tetley's and I thought it would be rude to leave without having several . :)

Miscellaneous Likes: Having a drink on a Saturday night

Transl: "Getting fucking bladdered, telling the landlord to fuck off and getting pie and hips on t'way ooerm."

pommpey

Plus Cassius Clay had changed his name well before this interview.

More holes than a cheese grater this one Geoff.
If you’d have called him Cassius he’d have chinned you.

Geoff used to have the Manvers Arms pub, somewhere out Wath direction. I chatted to him a few times.

(Did he mean me?)😟

Back
Top Bottom