McAtee Highlight Reel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stretch

A member of approximately average size.
Reaction score
Apologies if already posted elsewhere, but I have just seen this compilation.

I have to admit that I tend to focus my attention on Ndiaye for the majority of games (suspect I am not the only one) and feel I haven't given this lad all the credit he deserves. Some sublime skill on show at times.

The transformation from his first game has been a joy to behold.

A LOT of good stuff in there.

Been really impressed with his first touch, pace and finishing (which might be the best in the team bar billy!?)

He’s never going to be a player who’s involved all the time - and may drift in and out of matches. But he’s one that can turn a game and did that numerous time for us this season with something decisive or out of the ordinary.

We should really look to get him back next season if we possible can. He can provide that bit of magic to change a game which we missed last time out in the Prem.

I’d you’d added him and Ndaiye to the side that went down. Some of those one goal defeats become draws etc etc and we end up a lot closer to safety.

I have to admit that I tend to focus my attention on Ndiaye for the majority of games (suspect I am not the only one) and feel I haven't given this lad all the credit he deserves. Some sublime skill on show at times.

He's been great. A terrific loan for all 3 parties. hopefully we repeat next season

Been a fantastic signing for us this season , the Cardiff away game seemed to be the game he found his feet in the Championship & from that game forward has been our player of the second half of the season .
Hope we can get this lad back next season ⚔️

A LOT of good stuff in there.

Been really impressed with his first touch, pace and finishing (which might be the best in the team bar billy!?)

He’s never going to be a player who’s involved all the time - and may drift in and out of matches. But he’s one that can turn a game and did that numerous time for us this season with something decisive or out of the ordinary.

We should really look to get him back next season if we possible can. He can provide that bit of magic to change a game which we missed last time out in the Prem.

I’d you’d added him and Ndaiye to the side that went down. Some of those one goal defeats become draws etc etc and we end up a lot closer to safety.
This is in no way me being critical of the lad as I think he's been terrific for us this season and a pleasure to watch but he does seem to me to have missed as many one on ones when clean through as he's scored.
Although ...... I seem to remember someone else who was a bit like that for us last season and he seems to have come on rather well in this one 🤔

Didn't realise he was THAT good. Make no wonder he's valued at 25m. We talk about investing in players amd that's so we can sell on for more. His value ain't gonna drop. We might be out of the market for him mind. Which is a shame. A loan in the PL might make City interested though. And maybe a loan to buy on the proviso we stay up next season?

Going to Forest for £42 million

I did half jokingly think to myself earlier that I could see Forest signing Doyle and offering to pay all of McAtee's wages for a loan.

I could barely hate them anymore than I already do, but this would make me.

Last edited:

Beautiful.

I love how he just opens his body up and strokes the ball into the net. We saw this against Blackpool, Sunderland and Cardiff.

He tried it twice v Blackburn in the FA Cup too, but unfortunately both missed.

Beautiful.

I love how he just opens his body up and strokes the ball into the net. We saw this against Blackpool, Sunderland and Cardiff.

He tried it twice v Blackburn in the FA Cup too, but unfortunately both missed.

Yep, the goal at Sunderland in particular, was a thing of beauty. The first touch whilst moving at pace, his balance and body shape before just passing it in. Wonderful.

This is in no way me being critical of the lad as I think he's been terrific for us this season and a pleasure to watch but he does seem to me to have missed as many one on ones when clean through as he's scored.
Although ...... I seem to remember someone else who was a bit like that for us last season and he seems to have come on rather well in this one 🤔
Ndiaye misses chances.
Did you watch Haarland vs Leeds? He looked like a blonde Connor Salmon.

McAtee is 20, he's going to get better and better.

I did half jokingly think to myself earlier that I could see Forest signing Doyle and offering to pay all of McAtee's wages for a loan.

I could barely hate them anymore than I already do, but this would make me.
That’s the sort of thing they’d do out of spite…and not play them.

Screenshot_20230509_172543.jpeg

Yeah. It Might be my selective memory - but my abiding memory of his finishing is how calm and composed he seems like to be.

Never seems to rush or snatch at a chance and seemed to just get an accurate shot off and stick them away. Never tried to smash it too hard, just place it past the keeper.

9 goals and 4 assists in 21 starts is a record most strikers would take tbf.

Yeah. It Might be my selective memory - but my abiding memory of his finishing is how calm and composed he seems like to be.

Never seems to rush or snatch at a chance and seemed to just get an accurate shot off and stick them away. Never tried to smash it too hard, just place it past the keeper.

9 goals and 4 assists in 21 starts is a record most strikers would take tbf.
This is what those in the know remarked on with David Brooks. The best example maybe the goal against L***s away. I just watched him score and thought Good Goal, but the coaching cognoscenti were really taken with how calm he was.

And given how much I used to shit myself when I was 15 yards out with the keeper to beat playing for The Sportsman against the Red Lion a Sunday morning at Lodge Moor, they might have a point.

For shitting yourself in front of goal (three times) see also Will Osula against Birmingham a couple of days ago :)

Calmness Grasshopper.

Back
Top Bottom