Match Thread Fleetwood v Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fleetwood v Blades

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kazarre13

Turkish Blade
Reaction score
Fleetwood v Blades
Stadium: Highbury Stadium
Date: 13/12/2014 - 15:00

What do you think about match?

Blades 2-0, this should be a comfortable one with Fleetwood out of form and a few injuries in their ranks. Murphy and Baxter (pen) with the goals, see you all up there.

This is the stage of the season we have to step up to the plate.

We have five easier fixtures starting today and then it gets harder.

January coming up and I sense Clough is going to sort some wheat and chaff. We are one of the bigger clubs and will have more options than most.

All well and good but we have to do a bit of catch up this month.

Odds of 6/4 for tomorrow are a gift. Fill your boots!! Go Blades -1 too.(9/2).

Last edited:
Just give me three points and scoreline be damned..!

I assume that's based on how long he has gone without a goal, rather than actually 'due' one. I don't remember Basham ever having a shot on goal!
Apart from his header against Notts County from a lovely JCR cross and many others that i can't be arsed to mention,and yes,there are a lot of other shots from Basham,you'd be suprised,or perhaps not:rolleyes:Do you watch the matches while you're there or do you look at your feet:D

Since the Swindon and Chesterfield debacles we have become quite solid on the road. I'm hopeful of a win today but we all know away form is not where our problems lie at the moment. I think 2-1 Blades today. We'll take the lead, they'll build pressure and inevitably equalise but then we'll finally score from a corner to win in roughly the 84th minute.

Now I have seen the team I will be happy to take a point. That midfield doesn't inspire and two guys upfront are similar

Apart from his header against Notts County from a lovely JCR cross and many others that i can't be arsed to mention,and yes,there are a lot of other shots from Basham,you'd be suprised,or perhaps not:rolleyes:Do you watch the matches while you're there or do you look at your feet:D

He might have shots and headers, he's just not very good at them!

Something had to change. A good looking team and a strong, talented bench with McNutts, Flo, JCR and Basham to choose from.

Hmmn - I might have got our scorer wrong but the result was correct and does us no good at all
Can't score enough goals - despite a 2 up top today - neither COG nor Higdon appeared to come any closer today
At this rate we will be out of the top 6 by Christmas - not sure that's acceptable, really - what do you think?

2 points dropped.

Looks like playing more strikers up front means fuck all.

Automatic is a pipe dream now. Play-Off's are in the balance. If we don't at least get top 6 then the season has been a total failure.

Looking like around 6 teams for remaining two places at the minute

And all this crap from Clough about being a stronger side second half of season, I don't buy it

There is no logical reason to assume this will happen

We won't get promotion, p
Nothing wrong with a point at Fleetwood. It's pussy footing around and not getting points at home that's hurting us.

UTB
shows how far we've dropped when we are glad of a point away at fleetwood!!! Fuck me I think it's a disgrace that we are where we are an are struggling really struggling to get out of this shit third tier!

Shame, it sounds like we really took it to them in the first half. Wallace had a great debut, Harris scored a cracking goal, and we should have had more before H/T. Our normal "game of two halves" was reversed though, as the same 11 let Fleetwood come right back into it in the second half, and they could have nicked it at the end.

Credit to Clough for trying something new, and it almost came off. Maybe we should have started with McNulty.

Looking at the table, I agree that automatic looks very doubtful now. We need a run of form akin to last season, and I just can't see it. There are three or four teams in this division that look far stronger than us and keep grinding out results.

Despite our record, I wouldn't write us off in the Play Offs given Clough's record in one-off cup ties.

It is way too early in the season to write off automatic, let alone play-offs. No one's running away with it and as long as we're in touch we shouldn't be despondent. I know there's a lot to fix, but surely Clough's on it - he's not just going to roll over.

Back
Top Bottom