Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

K Mac back with us would be awesome. Still a quality middy

If it gets to late making it not possible to get McDonald over the line I assume we'll not accept any bid and Fleck won't go. No idea whether Fleck wants the move or not. All I know (from someone reliable) is that we have given West Ham a price, if they meet that we have McDonald lined up to replace. West Ham were not serious before today, they're now very serious and due to us to having a medical set up & McDonald lined up, I assume we're expecting/prepared for that bid to come in. If it doesn't, he stays.

Is this like when you said we were signing jamie ward, and when sam gallacher was on a plane to come and sign for us, or that we were signing tom bayliss from Cov,

Citing 'someone reliable' is utterly meaningless. A mountain of bollocks has been and continues to be promulgated in the name of 'someone reliable'.

Odd how some people only turn out in Jim White windows, isn't it?
If you think I'm talking bollocks that's fine, I wouldn't believe it either if I wasn't told directly. I'm referring to the person as "someone reliable" because I don't think it's appropriate to mention his name for various reasons. What I will say is that he works for the club at one of the club's facilities, and isn't someone who talks bollocks.

If you think I'm talking bollocks that's fine, I wouldn't believe it either if I wasn't told directly. I'm referring to the person as "someone reliable" because I don't think it's appropriate to mention his name for various reasons. What I will say is that he works for the club at one of the club's facilities, and isn't someone who talks bollocks.

That's what they all say. You enjoy yourself.

Who knows, maybe you're right. But I'm suspicious of someone who comes from nowhere claiming they have a source inside the club, or whatever. If that was the case, you'd have a hell of a lot more info than this one story. The one-time wonders aren't well-sourced, they normally just get lucky.

If it gets to late making it not possible to get McDonald over the line I assume we'll not accept any bid and Fleck won't go. No idea whether Fleck wants the move or not. All I know (from someone reliable) is that we have given West Ham a price, if they meet that we have McDonald lined up to replace. West Ham were not serious before today, they're now very serious and due to us to having a medical set up & McDonald lined up, I assume we're expecting/prepared for that bid to come in. If it doesn't, he stays.

So basically, we're encouraging West Ham to bid for Fleck? Not like us, is it!

Anyway, McDonald would have to be permanent, which seems unlikely. If he came on loan we'd have too many to fit in the matchday squad. I know Johnson could be jettisoned but we don't have other LWB cover.

Haven't piled through all the thread yet, but is this the time and place to come up with a variation of everybody's favourite jibe?

How about we send someone up to storage, then plug in that trusty old fax machine - you know the one of fabled folklore that delayed Flecky arriving years earlier - and see how the evening progresses?

Failed attempt after failed attempt as the clock ticks down and the smell of fear mixes with a resigned air of failure in the hallowed halls of Bramall Lane among United's office staff... :D:p

Probably miles off here but If West Ham are bidding for a player, then surely they would want to do their own medical/checks on the player rather than have the selling clubs say on it.

Hogan
Madine
Henderson
Johnson
Dowell

McDonald would be 6 but you can keep Johnson out of the 18 at a push and for me hogan isn’t going to be fit for every game even on as sub.

I don’t see why we wouldn’t do it as a loan

Haven't piled through all the thread yet, but is this the time and place to come up with a variation of everybody's favourite jibe?

How about we send someone up to storage, then plug in that trusty old fax machine - you know the one of fabled folklore that delayed Flecky arriving years earlier - and see how the evening progresses?

Failed attempt after failed attempt as the clock ticks down and the smell of fear mixes with a resigned air of failure in the hallowed halls of Bramall Lane among United's office staff... :D:p
Ironic given the original excuse was for when we failed to sign Fleck.

Probably miles off here but If West Ham are bidding for a player, then surely they would want to do their own medical/checks on the player rather than have the selling clubs say on it.
I wasn’t aware that West Ham did medicals. They signed Wilshere FFS. And Caroll....

Another issue is

I’ve listened to Talksport all day (work from home) and they’ve had Moose reporting on the West Ham transfer action.
Moose is a big West Ham fan and presumably has inside information.
Not once has he mentioned his club having the slightest interest in John Fleck.

Another issue is

I’ve listened to Talksport all day (work from home) and they’ve had Moose reporting on the West Ham transfer action.

Yeah, someone, somewhere with close links to West Ham would have said something today should it be a possible transfer. I reckon it's looking like an agent perhaps at work trying to get a contract extension and further pay rise.

Another issue is

That's because they haven't

Another issue is

That's what I think but who knows.

I think he means our club we’re lined up to do a medical on Kmac if Fleck was to leave rather than scrambling round last minute.

Fleck would have his medical done by West Ham.

Medicals aren't carried out by the club per se, they're carried out by medical professionals, who generally aren't allowed to lie about things.

So we're asking McDonald to say fuck off to any other potential suitors in the hope we sign him should Fleck leaves, but there is a possibility we won't be needing to sign him and he'll be stuck not playing for Fulham for the rest of the season? Can't see it myself, but we'll soon see.

But if Fleck left, and McDonald arrived, and CW played McDonald rather than the other alternatives he has, would this then mean that McDonald was the asset? And what of the alternatives still on the books, are they not assets? And which asset is the best asset, the asset who went to Wet Spam or the asset who arrived from Fulham.....Arrgghhhhhhh o_O

What's bugging me is the threat of Fleck going and the lack of info. We've had no Wilder interview today from Radio Sheffield - presumably because Wilder wanted to delay it till tomorrow so he can concentrate on transfers, potential or otherwise. We've heard nothing from Radio Sheffield on whether our business is done or not - not on twitter anyway. There's little mention of Fleck going at all in the media, and yet its that fear that the deal is going ahead on the sly and it'll be announced at 10.55 that worries me! And there's no loan window to open after today.

What's bugging me is the threat of Fleck going and the lack of info. We've had no Wilder interview today from Radio Sheffield - presumably because Wilder wanted to delay it till tomorrow so he can concentrate on transfers, potential or otherwise. We've heard nothing from Radio Sheffield on whether our business is done or not - not on twitter anyway. There's little mention of Fleck going at all in the media, and yet its that fear that the deal is going ahead on the sly and it'll be announced at 10.55 that worries me! And there's no loan window to open after today.

I demand a statement!

We ❤️ Statements.

I think he means our club we’re lined up to do a medical on Kmac if Fleck was to leave rather than scrambling round last minute.

Fleck would have his medical done by West Ham.
It doesn’t matter it’s too late now. There’s no way that our fax machine could handle a fax out and fax in this late in the day. If Fleck goes we’re scuppered, medicals or not. :(

I demand a statement!

We ❤️ Statements.

I'm not demanding a statement Pinchy, just saying I'm inpatient and I've seen it before thinking that's us done only to sell someone at the last minute. Tonge and Slew spring to mind; ok the latter turned out to be crap, but we didn't think that at the time.

I'm not demanding a statement Pinchy, just saying I'm inpatient and I've seen it before thinking that's us done only to sell someone at the last minute. Tonge and Slew spring to mind; ok the latter turned out to be crap, but we didn't think that at the time.

Just having a bit of fun, mate.

I’m confident Tufty will not allow us to be caught high and dry in that way.

Just having a bit of fun, mate.

I’m confident Tufty will not allow us to be caught high and dry in that way.

Its what Fleck wants that worries me. I agree that Wilder would definitely see us with our pants down, but if Fleck wants the move then maybe Wilder has relented and he's waiting on a higher West Ham bid, but who knows and I'm just flapping a bit!

Its what Fleck wants that worries me. I agree that Wilder would definitely see us with our pants down, but if Fleck wants the move then maybe Wilder has relented and he's waiting on a higher West Ham bid, but who knows and I'm just flapping a bit!

That may be right mate. I didn’t so much mean there was no chance of Fleck going today (though I don’t think he will) but that CW would have a replacement lined up. It’s not as though their interest has come out of the blue at the last minute.

I think you need to see my Italian mate, Benny Di Azipine.

Back
Top Bottom