Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It would be crazy to sell the best player we've had in the last decade.
Good midfielders are hard to come by. Wasn't long ago we were desperate for a decent all rounder in midfield and we hit the jackpot for nowt!

Doing a different job, and now playing teams who are looking to stifle us.
He’s still class.

Fleck can’t just be replaced, his work rate, bite in the tackle and game management are excellent. He hasn’t been as good as last season perhaps but still excellent.

The only way I would sell is really silly money.
He’s maybe valued at £8m in the market....however willy money for me is 12mil

It would be crazy to sell the best player we've had in the last decade.
Good midfielders are hard to come by. Wasn't long ago we were desperate for a decent all rounder in midfield and we hit the jackpot for nowt!

A large part of our fanbase seems to think we're a charity and should dole out bargains every transfer window. I've just watched David Brooks single handedly destroy Chelsea tonight (not the only team he's destroyed); after being told I was wrong and we were getting an amazing price for him all summer (by many of the same posters).This, too, after Howe gave an interview laughing at the figure they paid, and by implication us (yes, I do know there were other reasons he was sold, but my point still stands). It's a funny old game.

Like everything else in 2019, opinions have to be polarised.

The majority either think he's a world beater, or fucking shit, based on what I've read over the last few days.

Give me strength.

Like everything else in 2019, opinions have to be polarised.

The majority either think he's a world beater, or fucking shit, based on what I've read over the last few days.

Give me strength.

I'd be gutted and I really hope we hold out but we could play Dowell there and I think we'd be ok, but then we don't have Duffy cover outside of McG.

He's been off form but he's better than anything we could afford, and even when he's quiet it's rarely in a way that causes us to lose, especially this close to the end of the window.

I'd be gutted and I really hope we hold out but we could play Dowell there and I think we'd be ok, but then we don't have Duffy cover outside of McG.

He's been off form but he's better than anything we could afford, and even when he's quiet it's rarely in a way that causes us to lose, especially this close to the end of the window.

I'll be really disappointed to see him leave, especially for a disappointing fee like some of those quoted.

However without speaking too soon we seem to have turned a corner when it comes to outgoings.

If he does leave I'm confident it will be on realistic terms with a replacement lined up.

He's not been as consistent this season so far, but he's still been influential in plenty of games.

Those going as far as to say he's been crap are fucking idiots.

Doing a different job, and now playing teams who are looking to stifle us.
He’s still class.

Fleck can’t just be replaced, his work rate, bite in the tackle and game management are excellent. He hasn’t been as good as last season perhaps but still excellent.

The only way I would sell is really silly money.
He’s maybe valued at £8m in the market....however willy money for me is 12mil[/QUOTE]

"willy money for me is 12mil"
You learn something new about someone every day.

He's been awful all season mate ,pains me to.say it as he is the one player I'd like to see do well above all the others
Brief glimpses of his talent but mostly looks a bit lost and gives the ball away needlessly way too much

I don’t think you should ever base a players’ valuation purely on their recent form. He’s not old, he’s not injury prone, we know the standards he can reach. As previously mentioned, I’d value him at around £6m. However, at this late stage in the transfer window we just plainly should not sell. We can’t replace him and he’s too valuable to what we’re trying to achieve.

Just been reported Burnley have sold Vokes to Stoke for 10M, with Crouch going the other way. Either Sean Dyche has had a bang to the head, or is raising money for another player. Fleck to Burnley seems much more logical than Fleck to W Ham, for both clubs and Fleck himself.
Just pure speculation and getting wrapped up in deadline day hype on my part. Roll on 11pm.

Just been reported Burnley have sold Vokes to Stoke for 10M, with Crouch going the other way. Either Sean Dyche has had a bang to the head, or is raising money for another player. Fleck to Burnley seems much more logical than Fleck to W Ham, for both clubs and Fleck himself.
Just pure speculation and getting wrapped up in deadline day hype on my part. Roll on 11pm.

They've been linked with Che Adams and have had bids in that region rejected.

Hope they are fund raising the move for Adams then. We keep Fleck and get some sell on money from the Adams deal.. win/win

Me too. Southampton are after him too. Brum are so far refusing to sell as the authorities wont let them replace players due to them breaking FFP rules. They have a judgement on whether they'll lose points in February so they may have bottled it. I hope so.

I really hope we can keep hold of Fleck, he has been terrific for us for a long time now & to those who think he is not playing well at the moment need to realise that since Norwood came into the side he has a different role in the team now, but is still a vital part of the side & we don't have a ready made replacement. He is consistent & doesn't get injured often & that is so important, he doesn't get picked week in week out for nothing.

I really hope we can keep hold of Fleck, he has been terrific for us for a long time now & to those who think he is not playing well at the moment need to realise that since Norwood came into the side he has a different role in the team now, but is still a vital part of the side & we don't have a ready made replacement. He is consistent & doesn't get injured often & that is so important, he doesn't get picked week in week out for nothing.

We’ll have to blame Tufty then:

Flecky, Ollie’s here now, so I want you to give the ball away regularly, weight your infrequent accurate passes badly, allow opponents to run in behind you at will and run like you’re in quicksand. As for shooting - blaze it high and wide every time. I want you to be a shadow of the player you were last season.”

Flecky, Ollie’s here now, so I want you to give the ball away regularly, weight your infrequent accurate passes badly, allow opponents to run in behind you at will and run like you’re in quicksand. As for shooting - blaze it high and wide every time. I want you to be a shadow of the player you were last season.”

Since when were you appointed Wilders official confidant? You profess to know everything he ever thinks despite not one of these thoughts making it to print.
I get that Fleck is not playing at his best level right now, but it is nothing to do with him reaching his level, he was superb the first half of last season, & if he wasn't playing to the level Wilder requires him to he wouldn't be playing every game would he?
It seems everything is either black or white to you, a player can be a little below his normal standards & still be a good player, & I would rather have a Fleck at 75% than a Lundstram (for example) at 100%.

Looking at some of the transfer fees being bandied about, £4m is derisory. £7m would be the starting point for a discussion.

Completely agree. I wish we had players like Hammond and Doyle back in our midfield.

Christ, we’re third in the league. Life’s short. Stop moaning for the sake of moaning.

Completely agree. I wish we had players like Hammond and Doyle back in our midfield.

Christ, we’re third in the league. Life’s short. Stop moaning for the sake of moaning.

I’m not a moaner, far from it. Try matchday Shoutbox if that’s who you’re looking for.

I see what I see, not the Emperor’s New Clothes. He’s not an asset at the moment. I like Fleck and want him to play excellently, as we know he can. That doesn’t happen by pretending he’s playing better than he is.

The troll must miss the days of Nick Montgomery.

Since when were you appointed Wilders official confidant? You profess to know everything he ever thinks despite not one of these thoughts making it to print.
I get that Fleck is not playing at his best level right now, but it is nothing to do with him reaching his level, he was superb the first half of last season, & if he wasn't playing to the level Wilder requires him to he wouldn't be playing every game would he?
It seems everything is either black or white to you, a player can be a little below his normal standards & still be a good player, & I would rather have a Fleck at 75% than a Lundstram (for example) at 100%.

I listen carefully to his interviews. Tell me what you think I’ve got wrong about what he’s said. What you actually mean is that you close your ears when he says things that don’t suit you, as do many others.

Just to assist, the statement I’ve quoted above is a deliberate and complete fabrication, calculated to make a point. You’ve not so much missed the point, more the whole dartboard.

base it on the fact we need better for the prem
Fleck is a good championship player to me ,
has bad games now and then when his radars off
was too good for league one

No, we'll need better if/when we get to the PL. Build a side that's good enough to get you up and then re-assess. That's why Lampard is getting old but proven players in at Derby.

Why is Mother Teresa Prime Minister?
Because the Tories would tear themselves apart if any other of them became PM - CW has numerous options to choose from if he wishes to replace Fleck.

I listen carefully to his interviews. Tell me what you think I’ve got wrong about what he’s said. What you actually mean is that you close your ears when he says things that don’t suit you, as do many others.

Just to assist, the statement I’ve quoted above is a deliberate and complete fabrication, calculated to make a point. You’ve not so much missed the point, more the whole dartboard.

Okay, so I say that what you said is nonsense, then you admit it was nonsense, & I am missing the point? Wow, Wendy levels of delusion.

Because the Tories would tear themselves apart if any other of them became PM - CW has numerous options to choose from if he wishes to replace Fleck.

Just because CW has numerous options to choose from if he wishes to replace Fleck doesn't make Fleck an asset though does it?

Back
Top Bottom