Five years since we played Wednesday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Me too. I really hope the bastards go down. Next season would not be a good time to be playing them. There's been some pivotal moments of history following derby wins/losses. My first real recollection is 70/71 season. We licked em at Lane 3-2 and drew 0-0 at Swillsborough. I remember as a kid wearing my red and white scarf with pride on their kop. For the rest of that decade our fortunes swung in opposite directions - how great were those school years :)

Then there was of course Boxing Day. As a lad now working and on the pop in town every weekend, that was a horrible experience - and we know how our fortunes differed after that. Of course we played them a few times in early 90s but both clubs were on a high, so (semi final apart 😫 ) they didn't really make any major difference. A few games followed in 2000s and when they beat us at Swillsborough in 2011/2012 it set them on their run to pip us at the post for promotion back to the Champ. The next really significant game was the Bouncing Day Massacre. Oh what a night!! That then set the course for the next block of years.

If they do manage to stay up, they will be on a real high! Everybody had them down by October. We will of course be in transition and who knows how we will be as a team/club mentally next season. Yep, we are as good as down now, let's just hope those bastards go down too so it gives us another season at least to get our shit sorted before we play the scrubbers.

Last edited:
It was a 0-0 where once again they parked the bus. Here's to the next five years of not playing them (I hope!)
They didn't park the bus that night at all. Of the 3 previous derbies (all 0-0) that was the one where they actually had a go.

Agree with the last sentence though, but think we'll be playing them this year

Me too. I really hope the bastards go down. Next season would not be a good time to be playing them. There's been some pivotal moments of history following derby wins/losses. My first real recollection is 70/71 season. We licked em at Lane 3-2 and drew 0-0 at Swillsborough. I remember as a kid wearing my red and white scarf with pride on their kop. For the rest of that decade our fortunes swung in opposite directions - how great were those school years :)

Then there was of course Boxing Day. As a lad now working and on the pop in town every weekend, that was a horrible experience - and we know how our fortunes differed after that. Of course we played them a few times in early 90s but both clubs were on a high, so (semi final apart 😫 ) they didn't really make any major difference. A few games followed in 2000s and when they beat us at Swillsborough in 2011/2012 it set them on their run to pip us at the post for promotion back to the Champ. The next really significant game was the Bouncing Day Massacre. Oh what a night!! That then set the course for the next block of years.

If they do manage to stay up, they will be on a real high! Everybody had them down by October. We will of course be in transition and who knows how we will be as a team/club mentally next season. Yep, we are as good as down now, let's just hope those bastards go down too so it gives us another season at least to get our shit sorted before we play the scrubbers.
Was on Kop that day too. Not that many Pigs on, just red and white. Crap match.

It entirely depends on how we do next season.
If we are looking strong and are promotion contenders then we should not fear anyone even in the derbies.

What I would caveat though is that Rohl has got them picking up results and their fans say they are playing well. I think he's going to keep them up assuming this form continues. He's got them into the sort of form which would probably get you top 10 in championship since he took over.

Have they magically stayed up? Fs lads they’ve beaten 3 teams in the bottom 7, they’re not fucking Barcelona.

Even if they win their next game and everyone above them loses, they’ll still be 23rd.
Come on lad, get with the programme. Them and Luton are the new Galacticos.
🤣

Come on lad, get with the programme. Them and Luton are the new Galacticos.
🤣
Have they magically stayed up? Fs lads they’ve beaten 3 teams in the bottom 7, they’re not fucking Barcelona.

Even if they win their next game and everyone above them loses, they’ll still be 23rd.
They’ve been certain to stay up since blade too long pronounced them relegated.

It was a 0-0 where once again they parked the bus. Here's to the next five years of not playing them (I hope!)

Not only parked it but jacked it up and nicked the tyres before setting it on fire in the goalmouth. Awful performance from them.

When did we stop using this term?

My dad and grandads used to use this. It's not something you here very often these days.

Sorry if i've made you feel old, Snake ;)
We did actually lick them. We cornered a bunch of them behind the Railway and gave them some proper tongue treatment.

Never want to play them again. Hate them .
Mate of mine takes a spare pair of trainers after visiting hillsborough and he burns the ones he's worn in the ground.
We are the sheffield club not followed by the numpties from barnsley areas .
Everytime they come near the lane I want every blade to hate them .

To be fair an away draw was classed as a win in them days 5 years ago in pork mythology 🐷 hence 100,000 Wendy went home to Barnsley joyous

Never want to play them again. Hate them .
Mate of mine takes a spare pair of trainers after visiting hillsborough and he burns the ones he's worn in the ground.
We are the sheffield club not followed by the numpties from barnsley areas .
Everytime they come near the lane I want every blade to hate them .
This is a bit of a sweeping statement which isn't necessarily correct.
Lots of Blades in Dearne valley,are they numpties ?
The hate comment is just childish

Don't come on here many times but we'd definitely be up for it
Big difference being shite in the prem to being shite in the championship. Not sure a team whose best player is a 30 odd year old bald midget, one that scraped a win vs a horrific Rotherham side, would cause any team in the prem problems, including us and Burnley.

Assuming his trousers and maybe jacket touch the seats as well and his hands touch a handrail walking up the stairs does he take a full outfit and chop his hands off before he swaps his trainers?

Where does he keep the spare trainers during the game?

If he hides them in a bush does it have to be a certain distance away from the ground so it doesn’t get contaminated?!

So many questions.

Assuming his trousers and maybe jacket touch the seats as well and his hands touch a handrail walking up the stairs does he take a full outfit and chop his hands off before he swaps his trainers?

Where does he keep the spare trainers during the game?

If he hides them in a bush does it have to be a certain distance away from the ground so it doesn’t get contaminated?!

So many questions.
I'm assuming it's a I hate Wednesday more than any one else thingy , and here's why ...
Pathetic isn't it

Looking very likely now that this is coming back next season. Hate to say it but this manager they have seems to know his shit! I hate these fixtures….. and given our likely team next season…. Not looking forward to it one bit.

Back
Top Bottom