CONFIRMED Femi Seriki signs new contract and joins Rotherham United on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should be a great move for all involved. Femi gets to play in some really big games against European level sides, in a beautiful country, under a good coach.
Beerschot get a good, quick and exciting young player, with a huge future ahead of him. Better level than Broadbent imo.

This is how UW should work.

Do you think there's a chance we'll loan any of your players PurpleRain? I know your backup players probably aren't up to Champ level. Thinking more for our development squad, probably a centre back since our young ones may well be needed to supplement the first team as it stands. Be a great experience I think to trade players between us 2 and Chateroux on loans, a work experience sorta thing think of it as.

Unfortunately for him he's got to compete with Baldock and Bogle here, so it's a great move for us that he gets game time in a good league.

Hopefully he comes back in a year or two and makes the RB spot his own.

Should be a great move for all involved. Femi gets to play in some really big games against European level sides, in a beautiful country, under a good coach.
Beerschot get a good, quick and exciting young player, with a huge future ahead of him. Better level than Broadbent imo.

This is how UW should work.

Do you think there's a chance we'll loan any of your players PurpleRain? I know your backup players probably aren't up to Champ level. Thinking more for our development squad, probably a centre back since our young ones may well be needed to supplement the first team as it stands. Be a great experience I think to trade players between us 2 and Chateroux on loans, a work experience sorta thing think of it as.
I can’t really see any players going in your direction at this moment. Our youth academy is a work in progress since our drop to non league and our climbing back up again the last seasons. We are signing some 17-18 year olds with potential now to fill the gap. There are 3 Nigerian u21 internationals doing tests currently and our manager said one of them should be signed. These would go in the reserve team. I know Chateauroux have a very big talent in left winger Chouaref, best for take-ons in ligue 2 last season, French youth international. He was reported to want to leave Chateauroux following their relegation. I hope they can bring him to Sheffield or to us because as a group of clubs letting such big talent leave would be painful.

I can’t really see any players going in your direction at this moment. Our youth academy is a work in progress since our drop to non league and our climbing back up again the last seasons. We are signing some 17-18 year olds with potential now to fill the gap. There are 3 Nigerian u21 internationals doing tests currently and our manager said one of them should be signed. These would go in the reserve team. I know Chateauroux have a very big talent in left winger Chouaref, best for take-ons in ligue 2 last season, French youth international. He was reported to want to leave Chateauroux following their relegation. I hope they can bring him to Sheffield or to us because as a group of clubs letting such big talent leave would be painful.
What are the facilities like in your academy? What about sending a meme we of staff over here for a year or 6 months? Our facilities aren’t great at the moment but our staff are exceptional with proven track records for developing players and producing international standard footballers. Coming over here and seeing how we do things would seem to be something that would be beneficial for beerschot and in the long term benefit the group as a whole.

What are the facilities like in your academy? What about sending a meme we of staff over here for a year or 6 months? Our facilities aren’t great at the moment but our staff are exceptional with proven track records for developing players and producing international standard footballers. Coming over here and seeing how we do things would seem to be something that would be beneficial for beerschot and in the long term benefit the group as a whole.
From what I heard, the respective heads of development have visited the academies and have exchanged training methods and know how, already when Beerschot just entered the group in 2018. Our current training facilities are quite poor compared with the better pro league teams, they are still the same as in 2013 when we were in non league. A complete new training center has been promised since 2018 but building still has not started. The latest news last month was that the Flemish government has agreed to give a big subsidy covering 30% of the cost. So maybe now it will start. Our stadium and pitch is still quite good. Also on that topic discussions are ongoing with the city of Antwerp to build a complete new stadium at the river Schelde and even part of the stadium in the river. In september the club would receive the result of the feasibility study. One of our minority shareholders is a large construction company and the idea was always that they participate in the club with a view to build a new stadium.

From what I heard, the respective heads of development have visited the academies and have exchanged training methods and know how, already when Beerschot just entered the group in 2018. Our current training facilities are quite poor compared with the better pro league teams, they are still the same as in 2013 when we were in non league. A complete new training center has been promised since 2018 but building still has not started. The latest news last month was that the Flemish government has agreed to give a big subsidy covering 30% of the cost. So maybe now it will start. Our stadium and pitch is still quite good. Also on that topic discussions are ongoing with the city of Antwerp to build a complete new stadium at the river Schelde and even part of the stadium in the river. In september the club would receive the result of the feasibility study. One of our minority shareholders is a large construction company and the idea was always that they participate in the club with a view to build a new stadium.
Sounds very promising for you in the near future then on the facilities front we’re waiting on our own new training and academy complex with our current one becoming increasingly run down.

Sounds very promising for you in the near future then on the facilities front we’re waiting on our own new training and academy complex with our current one becoming increasingly run down.
If they actually start the works. It’s been delayed so many times that the doubts remain whether they are serious and have the money to get it done. Maybe we are just impatient. Some other teams also in our league just seem to get these things done much more quickly. Also on the transfer front we are quite slow and not big spenders. I get the impression it’s not different here. It’s consistently balancing between positive signs and questionable signs. Like both management appointments were really impressive but then the transfers have not followed. Maybe end of August we’ll be more positive.

If they actually start the works. It’s been delayed so many times that the doubts remain whether they are serious and have the money to get it done. Maybe we are just impatient. Some other teams also in our league just seem to get these things done much more quickly. Also on the transfer front we are quite slow and not big spenders. I get the impression it’s not different here. It’s consistently balancing between positive signs and questionable signs. Like both management appointments were really impressive but then the transfers have not followed. Maybe end of August we’ll be more positive.
Yeah I do feel both clubs are receiving very similar treatment probably as it should be. I do feel the group as a whole needs United to be in the prem to truly flourish. Access to that tv money gives us the financial strength to fund more Coulibaly type deals which it seems the group needs.

You can count on that! Hope it does not get annoying all the updates about my team.
I follow beerschot and Châteauroux on twitter these days, I like the updates from a fan as well. All good stuff.

We read them with interest pal.
Keep them coming.
On that note, rumour today at the club is that Jebbison is also on his way. Will become more interesting for you to follow us with 2 of your big prospects in our squad. Making players eligible however is taking a long time these days. I think our season with the new signings will only get truly on its way start September. Until then we will have it difficult in the league, 2 tough games coming up where points are very unlikely without the new players allowed to play.

if seriki has gone surely that puts to bed any chance of baldock being sold

if seriki has gone surely that puts to bed any chance of baldock being sold

Does it? If we need to sell players, and the offers for Berge and Ramsdale are bunk..... maybe we do sell Baldock if the right offer (8m+) comes in.

I do like Baldock, but I think we can definitely improve on him. Not sure if Bogle is the answer yet, but he is very young and has shown flashes of brilliance. Give him a full season in the Championship might be the best thing for his development. We can pick up a cheaper RB option or recall Seriki.

Does it? If we need to sell players, and the offers for Berge and Ramsdale are bunk..... maybe we do sell Baldock if the right offer (8m+) comes in.

I do like Baldock, but I think we can definitely improve on him. Not sure if Bogle is the answer yet, but he is very young and has shown flashes of brilliance. Give him a full season in the Championship might be the best thing for his development. We can pick up a cheaper RB option or recall Seriki.
still dont think baldock goes now seriki is out on loan all that does is give us another headache with another spot to fill and weve got enough spots to fill already we dont need to create more

On that note, rumour today at the club is that Jebbison is also on his way. Will become more interesting for you to follow us with 2 of your big prospects in our squad. Making players eligible however is taking a long time these days. I think our season with the new signings will only get truly on its way start September. Until then we will have it difficult in the league, 2 tough games coming up where points are very unlikely without the new players allowed to play.
I really enjoy your threads PR, you add a lot to our message board. I look forward to hearing about Seriki and hopefully Jebbison too playing for you this year. Hope they both do well for you (and therefore us too).

PurpleRain - sorry if I missed it, but how's he getting on?
Too early to say anything. Only played 5 minutes in the game at Charleroi before the international break in a team reduced to 10. Our first game after the international break is only on Monday. Being in the position we are now I think the manager will first look to the experienced players to solve the crisis and maybe via subs give the young players playing time depending on how the game plan is going.

Back
Top Bottom