favourite away pubs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

scholarblade

Reaction score
brentfords decision to change grounds could well ruin one of my favourite days out, what could be better than a ground surrounded by pubs and standing
Got me thinking of my other favourite days out that are not the same due to clubs moving grounds or pubs closing or changing.
Bolton used to be good fun as did leicester, but the new grounds are nowhere near as good and drinking options are few.
The springbok at qpr and the larwood at florist used to be great and full of blades but the day out experience was less fun when they both stopped away fans going in.

There are but some great pubs have gone from around the lane that have changed the match day out and even my spiritual home the scholar is under threat. Its as well we are in this division with the current crowds otherwise i don't know where we could all drink and get served, especially with the regularity required!
Loads of pubs gone from around the rust bucket too, but not such a problem for those boring gits as most just go to the match and then home.

London trips area always good, as you have an abundance of places to choose from. Though, they tend to be low key away from the area of the ground, as it'd be more coincidental to get a group of Blades in somewhere like Holborn, when we're at Leyton Orient.

Thats why brentford is so good, and the springbok at qpr, because the pubs were decent and right next to the ground. The away pub at orient fills with blades but it is a bit of a dump.
Charltons a decent trip (by train and tube) with decent pubs near the ground

Our Mutual Friend / Stevenage. Shame this has gone for the coming season - Stevenage away was always a good day out. Free parking at the pub, 10 mins from the stadium and a load of good ales. They even had Jaipur on at Christmas.

There is a pub at west brom under the underpass that does great indian food, not such a good pub for massing up at tho'.
I missed a certain pub at wycombe due to holidays that my son raves about, maybe we will draw them in the cup sometime!

There is a pub at west brom under the underpass that does great indian food, not such a good pub for massing up at tho'.
I missed a certain pub at wycombe due to holidays that my son raves about, maybe we will draw them in the cup sometime!
The Vine I think. I remember having an amazing curry / flatbread pre match there once.

Our Mutual Friend / Stevenage. Shame this has gone for the coming season - Stevenage away was always a good day out. Free parking at the pub, 10 mins from the stadium and a load of good ales. They even had Jaipur on at Christmas.

For some reason, I just love the Stevenage trip. Don't know why, obviously we've done shite there, even went to see Huddersfield there a couple of seasons back, and they drew. The pub, the small ground, the stewards wishing us Merry Christmas (and an optimistic 'see you next year...')

Re the pub: I think, not certain mind, that they get a vaguely local beer from the away side, because I swear last season for the 4-0 joyfest, there was a Sheffield beer on, or maybe another Thornbridge.

Other pubs?
TBI in Notts?
The Brewery Tap near Peterborough station was alright as well - the boat less so.

The Brewery Tap near Peterborough station was alright as well - the boat less so.

I thought the boat (forget the name) was pretty decent. The only time I went was several years ago when the match was called off due to a frozen pitch - I had just passed the Welcome to Peterborough sign when they announced that the game was off on R5. We kept to the plan and met up on the boat, just we stayed a bit longer than origianally planned. The locals were as miffed as we were that they had called it off.

Back
Top Bottom