Fans back for last game? But would you go?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

silver blade

Reaction score
Fans could be allowed back for our last game but as we could be relegated long before then would you go.
If so would you boo them or clap them as they leave the pitch?
Should we be allowed into Wembley to see the Blades lift the cup, it's scheduled to take place 2 days before the restrictions are lifted?

I'd love to go and if I did I'd clap them. We arent where we are due to a lack of effort or indifference. We've been let down by injuries, mistakes and a recruitment policy that seems to have been limited by a combination of budget and too much focus on the future rather than the here and now.

Most of these players brought us through 2 divisions and for that alone I am grateful despite the disappointing end to our journey to the promised land

I'd love to go and if I did I'd clap them. We arent where we are due to a lack of effort or indifference. We've been let down by injuries, mistakes and a recruitment policy that seems to have been limited by a combination of budget and too much focus on the future rather than the here and now.
.. and some really poor refereeing decisions hasn‘t helped.

Is this really a question? Anyone who would have a ticket to just go and boo a team that have given us some of the best times we have had in our history needs a proper shoeing and should never be allowed to set foot in the ground again.
Does that answer your question?

I don’t like the last game of the season as a rule unless there is anything dependent on it. Too many memories of looking ahead to boring weekends in the 70s and 80s until the new season. But yes I would definitely love the chance to go if safe and I would also clap and cheer them.

Despite being a regular season ticket holder and having a decent amount of points I wouldn't be arsed to scrap over a reduced number of tickets. Dont think I could enjoy it with everyone sat two chairs apart from each other. Outside of the Bashs and Billys I dont think a good number of our players give a fuck if we support them or not. Would skip out until it can be FULLY back to normal.

Defo go and stop for lap of honour proud to be a BLADE ,ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL

I'd love to go, probably cry a bit, cheer my bollocks off on the lap of honour they never got to do last year, then cheer them off all over again as they go round a second time for this year too. Then go to the Beer Engine and see everyone I've proper missed for 12 months, get leathered and cry a bit more.

I distinctly remember being in the garden on 9th May 2020, during the first lockdown.

It was an absolutely glorious sunny day and I was thinking how utterly 'typical' of the sort of fates that seem to perpetually conspire against us, that we had been denied what would surely have been a superbly memorable occasion of giving United a massive Lane send-off in the final home game of the 19/20 season versus Everton.

Moreover, without the lockdown, and given the drive and focus that we had, I've little doubt that we'd have more than likely have been turning Everton over and securing a European spot.

The fact that there is now a chance that, 12 months of imitation football later, 8,000 or so will be allowed to attend a wake, against sodding Burnley, as we are consigned to second-class football on the back of a fake season of training ground matches, just about sums up the fates that befall this football club.

I may well have a very good chance of a ticket. Frankly, though, in common with many other Blades, I'd prefer to wait until we can all go back and football resumes properly.

Is this really a question? Anyone who would have a ticket to just go and boo a team that have given us some of the best times we have had in our history needs a proper shoeing and should never be allowed to set foot in the ground again.
Does that answer your question?
Shoeing ? Shooting more like !

Did those of who who remained for last game of the 2015/16 season all clap?

I think it's the people who have completely forgotten that team, that season, that manager and what has happened since, that are so vocal on here at the moment.

That team didn't deserve a lap of honour (or a salary), this team/manager have brought us a long way from that abyss. I'd be there in a fucking heartbeat. Might even look Raul up, that's how much I've missed it all!

Not go?
What? And miss the wild celebrations when we survive by beating Burnley to send them down?
COYRAWWizaaaaaaards!!

Back
Top Bottom