Fan engagement legislation ... Protecting SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

yes i would agree on that because mainly for majority of kids do get affected. but at the moment every idea doesnt solve the problem it just moves it
Have loyalty points been that much if an issue this season ?(apart from small allocations) Plenty of away games have gone to the ballot system so obtaini g a ticket seems less of an issue.
Last season a large number of away games went to ballot and home cup games where higher points are on offer never seem to sell out

Dear Blades,
Many of you will know me if you follow the Blades home and away but I am new to this forum, which a friend told me is the main Blades fan forum. I am hoping for your input to an initiative I am involved in.

In November 2021 Tracy Crouch published her Fan Led Review of Football Governance, which included a ten-point proposal for strengthening how professional football is governed in England. Included in the proposals is a recommendation that supporters would get a “golden share” in their club. This would oblige clubs to consult with supporters in a number of key areas, including any plans to sell the club’s stadium, change the team’s name, crest or colours etc., and ultimately provide them with a veto if they disapproved of their club’s plans.

Crouch’s proposal received cross party support and her key recommendations are expected, at some point, to gain parliamentary approval. I have discussed the legislation with Richard Caborn, a former minister for sport, who is also a Blades supporter. There is still an opportunity to influence any legislation and think through how Sheffield United’s supporters would like their voice to be heard at board level.

With this in mind, please identify the areas where you feel supporters should be consulted in relation to Sheffield United Football Club. Supporter groups in other clubs have considered issues linked to financial sustainability, club history & heritage, youth development and community engagement. What do you think is important?

I will collate responses from this forum, an online survey and one-to-one interviews before proposing a list of priorities to be put to a vote. The outcome of this will then be presented to the relevant parliamentary body with a view to influencing legislation. I will also engage with existing Blades supporter groups to decide the best way forward in achieving effective engagement with Sheffield United’s owners – current and future.

WABAW? Chris Woolhouse
Cut that WABAW shit out that is a 🐷 thing. Oh and how's Paul doing?

Have loyalty points been that much if an issue this season ?(apart from small allocations) Plenty of away games have gone to the ballot system so obtaini g a ticket seems less of an issue.
Last season a large number of away games went to ballot and home cup games where higher points are on offer never seem to sell out
All the more reason to reset now then!

for me i would just leave as it is for adults, because this is the fairest unfair system they have because every system will upset someone & this current system upsets the least

the only change, i wouldnt include kids on loyalty points if your an buying adult because there have been times where i can but they cant because they have 25,000 less than me

The loyalty points need trimming back. Perhaps have them in, for example, a rolling five year amount rather than just a total of all you‘ve ever had, so to keep at the top of the list you need to keep going away and accruing more points?

The loyalty points need trimming back. Perhaps have them in, for example, a rolling five year amount rather than just a total of all you‘ve ever had, so to keep at the top of the list you need to keep going away and accruing more points?
They should roll as you suggest. My mum stopped going about 4 years ago and still has more points than lots if avid fans I know.

Again, theres not a single suggestion that doesn't punish the highest points holders or simply create more of the highest and again, at the moment, it's not really a problem to get to most matches, if you really want to get to most matches and have the money.

Special brownie points for anyone that can manage to find a way that doesn't simply shift the problem a little and doesn't punish those who've been there throughout.

Again, theres not a single suggestion that doesn't punish the highest points holders or simply create more of the highest and again, at the moment, it's not really a problem to get to most matches, if you really want to get to most matches and have the money.

Special brownie points for anyone that can manage to find a way that doesn't simply shift the problem a little and doesn't punish those who've been there throughout.
Part of the loyalty points system is just "the optics". Fans complain about apparent injustices. Such as;
Fans keeping all their points from day one of the system.
Fans who've been season ticket holders for ages, but hardly go to any away games, having more points than younger fans who try to attend away games.

I think a rolling loyalty points system would remove these apparent injustices. But also not punish those who attend the vast majority of away games at the moment.

Your point is correct. But, I do think Utd could address the optics without too much disruption to the system.

I'm not proud of my basic point - do something to stop people moaning about it...

The golden share proposal was unfortunately one of the parts of the Crouch review that the UK Government has moved away from in their White Paper, which they’ve since published the results of their consultation on (again, omitting the golden share proposal). With next year’s election, they’re going to have to move at some pace to get the primary legislation passed to establish the independent regulator. There may be some cross-party support for it, and there are opportunities of course to amend the bills that will be brought forward, but the chances of that are somewhat slim.

Re: the other issues to consult on with the board, all PL clubs must set up Fan Advisory Boards as part of a broader fan engagement plan – this is part of the new fan engagement standard brought in earlier this year. There are a few areas the Football Supporters Association in particular has concerns with in the standard not going far enough (which they’re continuing to speak to the PL on), but from a United perspective we probably wouldn’t have started to set one up unless this standard came in. It’s a really good opportunity to improve some of the engagement with fans, and hopefully it’s a success. FABs should, in theory any way, be one route to feeding in on some of the issues the golden share would be there to protect. If you haven’t done so already, worth putting an application in to be on the United one.
Great to see a move toward more fan engagement and hands on the steering wheel of our clubs.
Still reliant it seems however on parliamentary stiffs in suits with little connection, I shouldn't wonder, to clubs or the well being of them and their respective fans inclusion in decisions affecting their welfare.
Do the lawmakers and the whole sorry system need addressing aswell for there to be true progress🤔
Small steps perhaps and great to see momentum gathering.
You'll have my support Chris.🙏👍UTB

Back
Top Bottom